Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2024, 07:31 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,308,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I don't like open primaries. It seems to me that the members of a political party -- and ONLY the members of that party -- should have the privilege of choosing their party's nominee. I realize that the rules allow for this in some states, so it's not cheating. But I'd like to see the rules changed.
Not cheating but yet it is still scam voting.

Old 02-25-2024, 07:32 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,349,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
I mean it's mostly republicans at this point doing their best to legitimize RFK Jr to take away votes from Biden.
I really do not know whether RFK, Jr. is taking away more votes from Trump or from Biden. Has anyone seen any polls about that?* I am a moderate conservative, and my choice for POTUS, as it stands now:

1. Haley
2. RFK, Jr.
3. Trump
4. Biden

However, if Trump is the Republican candidate and if Biden is his opponent and depending on what the polls say on November 1, I might end up voting for the Libertarian candidate, depending on who that is. At this point, I really do not anticipate making up my mind until just before the election.

*I did find this article, but it is four months old.
https://abcnews.go.com/538/robert-ke...y?id=103958584

Old 02-25-2024, 07:46 AM

22,184 posts, read 19,455,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Not cheating but yet it is still scam voting.
FWIW 4% of voters claimed Democratic affiliation in the SC GOP Primary as per exit polls, similar to the 5% that claimed Republican affiliation in the SC Democratic Primary in 2020

Old 02-25-2024, 08:08 AM

10,012 posts, read 15,656,467 times
Trump even won that small amount (4 or 5%) that claim to be democrats that voted in yesterday's primary.

The exit poll results show he won all major catagories. Men, women, all age groups, all income levels, all racial groups, etc.

Old 02-25-2024, 08:33 AM

22,184 posts, read 19,455,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Trump even won that small amount (4 or 5%) that claim to be democrats that voted in yesterday's primary.

The exit poll results show he won all major catagories. Men, women, all age groups, all income levels, all racial groups, etc.
What exit polls did you see? He certainly won the vast majority of categories, but the exit polls I have seen had Democrats as too small of a % to list out, Haley winning college graduates and Independents

Old 02-25-2024, 08:35 AM

7,911 posts, read 3,456,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I really do not know whether RFK, Jr. is taking away more votes from Trump or from Biden. Has anyone seen any polls about that?* I am a moderate conservative, and my choice for POTUS, as it stands now:

1. Haley
2. RFK, Jr.
3. Trump
4. Biden

However, if Trump is the Republican candidate and if Biden is his opponent and depending on what the polls say on November 1, I might end up voting for the Libertarian candidate, depending on who that is. At this point, I really do not anticipate making up my mind until just before the election.

*I did find this article, but it is four months old.
https://abcnews.go.com/538/robert-ke...y?id=103958584
If you want Haley to be president you are not a moderate conservative you are a war mongering globalist.

Old 02-25-2024, 08:40 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,349,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
If you want Haley to be president you are not a moderate conservative you are a war mongering globalist.
Yeah, right -- NOT.

And just FYI, the war-mongering aspects of Haley's platform is the main thing I don't like about her -- but, imo, despite that, she is a much better candidate than Trump or Biden is! (And, also FYI, I like Burgum, DeSantis and Gabbard more than any of the current candidates, although I don't like any of them 100%, either!)

And, although this is a rhetorical question, why do people think that a person saying someone is his or her favorite candidate means that they agree 100% with everything they say? There hasn't been one single POTUS since George Washington that I have agreed with him 100% about everything.

Also, regarding Haley being a Globalist -- who is more of a Globalist than Trudeau and Obama are? I don't know of ANY Republican who supports the globalist agenda.

Old 02-25-2024, 08:47 AM

7,911 posts, read 3,456,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Yeah, right -- NOT.

And just FYI, the war-mongering aspects of Haley's platform is the main thing I don't like about her -- but, imo, despite that, she is a much better candidate than Trump or Biden is! (And, also FYI, I like Burgum, DeSantis and Gabbard more than any of the current candidates, although I don't like any of them 100%, either!)

And, although this is a rhetorical question, why do people think that a person saying someone is his or her favorite candidate means that they agree 100% with everything they say? There hasn't been one single POTUS since George Washington that I have agreed with him 100% about everything.

Also, regarding Haley being a Globalist -- who is more of a Globalist than Trudeau and Obama are? I don't know of ANY Republican who supports the globalist agenda.
You will vote for her knowing she is a war mongerer. That's not a minor disagreement over tax rates, that's a fundamental principle. But hey she doesn't make mean tweets right?

Old 02-25-2024, 08:47 AM

5,957 posts, read 2,874,419 times
When it all comes down to the final verdict of Biden vs Trump ,the Democrats still on the trump cards...Mail in ballets and 'hanging Chad's

Old 02-25-2024, 08:53 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,495,101 times
When I was a kid, democrats controlled the state and county. So, if you wanted any say in what was going on, my parents would vote in the democrat's primary. If you wanted any say in your judges and so on, you had to. They voted Republican in the general and this of course would be after not having any say in the presidential candidate. But what else can you do if you want a say in local affairs. I don't think it's cheating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections