Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2024, 05:18 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I heard it here in 2020, too. Quite a lot, as a matter of fact. That’s why I don’t believe much I read here.
Do you still believe you need to be getting every Covid jab they tell you to? Are you still wearing a mask because you heard that so much for so long?

If you don't believe much of what your read here, why bother?

I didn't believe much of what I heard on TV news, so I cut the cable chord, & have not watched TV news in 10+ years.

Have you read any of the 100+ polls that have Trump leading over the past 10 weeks? I recall just 1 that claimed otherwise...an outlier.

Did you hear Biden say yesterday he just spoke to Francois Mitterrand on the phone, the ex-French President who died in 1996?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2024, 06:03 AM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Do you still believe you need to be getting every Covid jab they tell you to? Are you still wearing a mask because you heard that so much for so long?

If you don't believe much of what your read here, why bother?

I didn't believe much of what I heard on TV news, so I cut the cable chord, & have not watched TV news in 10+ years.

Have you read any of the 100+ polls that have Trump leading over the past 10 weeks? I recall just 1 that claimed otherwise...an outlier.

Did you hear Biden say yesterday he just spoke to Francois Mitterrand on the phone, the ex-French President who died in 1996?
I turned the TV off in the mid-90s. I keep one around now as a monitor to play DVDs.

I don’t have a lot of faith in any polls any more. With the ongoing death of the landline telephone, polls continue to be less accurate. I don’t know but a handful of people who will answer a cell phone except for business, much less answer a random call and participate in a political poll. The phone lists are still heavy with landlines, which normally means older people who tend to be conservative. There could be a few who volunteered to participate by registering somewhere, but anyone who feels that strongly about it also probably has a fixed viewpoint going in. These things destroy any chances of getting a random sample of what the public is actually thinking. You can assume almost all polls are skewed far beyond the stated MOEs they claim.

Even at that, most of the good aggregate polling reporting sites eliminate the outliers on both ends before calculating an average.

Have you checked the methodology of any of your polls to see how they overcame these built in disabilities?

Old 02-06-2024, 08:55 AM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
That was my post you responded to. I was noting that at this same point in 2007, Obama was 12 points behind Hillary. My post was in response to the 4% that Trump is suppose to be leading Biden.

Please try to follow along.

Try to read other people's responses if you expect us to follow your logic. Apples and oranges but hey whatever that convinces yourself to vote for Biden again and that Joe's unpopularity doesn't exist.

Old 02-06-2024, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Try to read other people's responses if you expect us to follow your logic. Apples and oranges but hey whatever that convinces yourself to vote for Biden again and that Joe's unpopularity doesn't exist.
I never said I liked Biden particularly. I think he's too damned old and would love to see a different candidate.

However, it's like Donald Rumsfeld said - You don't go to war with the army you want, you go with the one you've got.

I cannot think of anyone on the planet who deserves to be president less than Trump. Hopefully he will be in a concrete cell before Election Day.

Old 02-06-2024, 10:17 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Rumblings are Biden will step out of the race in May for a new candidate that will resonate much more with all Democrats and many Independents. Too much is at stake in this election to be ignored by a candidate who can save our democracy.

Old 02-06-2024, 01:26 PM

11,068 posts, read 7,135,481 times
The same fantasy glowing stuff for trump showed in 2020 too. Typical spin games. But Election Day will bring reality home. Please continue though with your fantasies. It'll just make the crash of reality all the more enjoyable.

Old 02-06-2024, 02:19 PM

253 posts, read 115,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
The same fantasy glowing stuff for trump showed in 2020 too. Typical spin games. But Election Day will bring reality home. Please continue though with your fantasies. It'll just make the crash of reality all the more enjoyable.
That was back when Joe Biden knew what day of the week it was and that Francois Mitterrand died in 1996.

It was also before when the border was wide open, & before Joe wrecked the economy.

That was then, this is now.

Last edited by logicalconsequence; 02-06-2024 at 02:30 PM..

Old 02-06-2024, 02:34 PM

Quote:
I never said I liked Biden particularly. I think he's too damned old and would love to see a different candidate.

However, it's like Donald Rumsfeld said - You don't go to war with the army you want, you go with the one you've got.

I cannot think of anyone on the planet who deserves to be president less than Trump. Hopefully he will be in a concrete cell before Election Day.

I wouldn't go to war with those 2 rocks of Joe & Kamala. What happened to your party? Just on foreign policy, Joe is garbage and Kamala isn't any better.

Say all you want about Trump but he deserved a Nobel Peace Prize for the Abraham Accords. The best thing out that region in 75 years. Not bad for being a Hitler. Trump also deserves credit for not expanding NATO to the East when the hack in the WH acts stupid why war broke out.

Vote for that hack again. Hopefully @37% approval and sinking, enough people feel the same way and send both of these rocks packing.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 02-06-2024 at 02:57 PM..

Old 02-06-2024, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I wouldn't go to war with those 2 rocks of Joe & Kamala. What happened to your party? Just on foreign policy, Joe is garbage and Kamala isn't any better.

Say all you want about Trump but he deserved a Noble Peace Prize for the Abraham Accords. The best thing out that region in 75 years. Not bad for being a Hitler. Trump also deserves credit for not expanding NATO to the East when the hack in the WH acts stupid why war broke out.

Vote for that hack again. Hopefully @37% approval and sinking, enough people feel the same way and send both of these rocks packing.
It’s “Nobel.”

Operative syllable “No.”

Old 02-06-2024, 02:57 PM

Quote:
It’s “Nobel.”

Operative syllable “No.”

Thank you. I'm typing from my IPhone. Big fingers. I knew you would be useful. God has a plan for all of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections