Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2024, 05:16 AM

25,702 posts, read 12,779,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I would LOVE to see this. No teleprompter. Let's go!!
I would only watch if there was a drug tests given to both of them 1 hour prior to the debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2024, 06:03 AM

1,288 posts, read 643,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I see all the dancing and dodging and weaving in MAGA-land after Biden's State of the Union last night, but no matter how much they obfuscate, the reality is that it was a tour de force. Watching Biden cleverly call out Republicans face-face for their obvious inability to govern was pure entertainment.

Here is the transcript:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...ion-address-3/

It illustrates that it would be a huge mistake for Trump to get on a debate stage with Biden at this point, but we all know that his limitless ego has led him to make many foolish choices and say many ridiculous things over the years. He simply can't resist having a venue to run his mouth.
No. It COULD have been a tour de force if he had proudly shown the world his hairy legs..

Old 03-09-2024, 09:20 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
94% voted that there will be no debate...I'm going w/ that. You can go with the 6%.
But your poll didn't mean much, to have a legitimate poll you need to have a cross section of the population including different political affiliations, ages, religion etc. I didn't even see your poll, that's not meant to be an insult but rather the reality of who will take the time to read and vote in your poll.

Last edited by 2sleepy; 03-09-2024 at 09:42 AM..

Old 03-09-2024, 09:31 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
He won't have a teleprompter, though. That's the real test of his mental capacity. Even senile people can read a teleprompter and sound good...

Of course, that ignores the ugly divisiveness and hate that was pervasive throughout the speech. Not to mention the lies...
umm yeah ugly divisiveness, maybe like this?

Quote:
“They’re rough people, in many cases from jails, prisons, from mental institutions, insane asylums. You know, insane asylums, that’s Silence of the Lambs stuff,†Trump said. “Hannibal Lecter, anybody know Hannibal Lecter? We don’t want ’em in this country.†https://newrepublic.com/post/179549/...annibal-lecter

Old 03-09-2024, 10:31 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,348,584 times
Biden likes to debate. He won't back out of one that's been scheduled- he's more likely to request a debate than back out of one.

He's good at it too. Never forget Biden has been doing this kind of work for over 30 years. He's faced more formidable debaters than Trump before, and since they already debated once in 2020, Biden has Trump's number now and knows how to get the best of him in a one to one.

Old 03-09-2024, 12:01 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,467,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Agree. Whatever he was on last night...it worked.
Tens of millions of Americans are doing the same thing every day. So what if he had a can of Red Bull or whatever people are cranking up on? Some folks drink coffee from morning to night.

Old 03-09-2024, 12:11 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,478,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I doubt if a poll on this forum tells you much of anything, keep in mind in most of the forums probably 70% of the readers are pro Trump
Any internet poll in which the responders do so on their own is useless. There's nothing random about it, and there's no guarantee that enough would respond anyway to make it statistically significant. Such polls are just for fun.

Old 03-09-2024, 12:19 PM

13,689 posts, read 7,976,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Tens of millions of Americans are doing the same thing every day. So what if he had a can of Red Bull or whatever people are cranking up on? Some folks drink coffee from morning to night.

I suspect if a can of Red Bull did the trick, he'd would down a can before every public appearance. No, Biden has the best medical care in the world and wherever he was on it was carefully measured. However, I also suspect it's not something his doctor recommend he take too often. A STOU speech, a debate, sure but that's about it.

With regards to a debate: He won't be reading from a teleprompter and there's always the risk he files off the rails - talking a mile a minute and making little sense.

Old 03-09-2024, 05:57 PM

12,955 posts, read 13,667,161 times
By the time they have the debates Trump will hardly be able to focus. He will be so pre-occupied with his legal trouble a few trigger words from Biden will send Trump into the stratosphere. I see him walking off and blaming the lefty media for being unfair.

Old 03-09-2024, 05:59 PM

17,612 posts, read 6,898,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
By the time they have the debates Trump will hardly be able to focus. He will be so pre-occupied with his legal trouble a few trigger words from Biden will send Trump into the stratosphere. I see him walking off and blaming the lefty media for being unfair.
Perfect then. So glad to see you want them to debate. Why hasn't Biden agreed? Given his "fiery" SOTU speech and how brilliant he is, he should schedule as many debates as he can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections