Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 02:12 PM

30,569 posts, read 19,302,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
We need to lock Trump up in the elevator at Mar A Lago, take his cell phone away, and any access to the outside World.

Maybe allow Trump to have 1 debate against Joe Zombie walker Biden, if Joe agrees to a drug test just prior to the debate.

We need to ice Trump so he can't blow this big lead he has is all these States, w/ his big brash New Yorker mouth.
The unhinged Leftist parading as a corrupt 3rd world Judge in New York's gag order has been a Godsend to the Trump campaign.

Joe is somewhere on the dementia scale and fading, a debate could see him blow a gasket or stroke out on set...his handlers best keep him locked up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2024, 04:22 PM

13,630 posts, read 4,345,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I'm a native Hoosier. Your statement on Pence and his "influence" in Indiana is totally laughable. His being picked as VP in 2016 was considered a "win/win" at the time...for him and the state!

That explains your posts. You are a native Liberal from Indiana that moved to blue bubble city Mass.

For a serious note, Pence was picked for VP in 2016 because he was part of a short list by McConnell and the GOP establishment gave Trump if wanted their support in the general. Pence is a Bush Neo Con Republican. To say Pence has no small influence in Indiana's GOP politics is really naive.

Old 05-08-2024, 06:40 PM

6,279 posts, read 5,151,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
That explains your posts. You are a native Liberal from Indiana that moved to blue bubble city Mass.

For a serious note, Pence was picked for VP in 2016 because he was part of a short list by McConnell and the GOP establishment gave Trump if wanted their support in the general. Pence is a Bush Neo Con Republican. To say Pence has no small influence in Indiana's GOP politics is really naive.
To insist that he does, reveals utmost ignorance of Hoosier politics.

And my point was, when he was picked, it was considered "good riddance" by many in Indiana in his own party. That was the win/win.

Old 05-09-2024, 12:31 AM

13,630 posts, read 4,345,466 times
Quote:
To insist that he does, reveals utmost ignorance of Hoosier politics.

And my point was, when he was picked, it was considered "good riddance" by many in Indiana in his own party. That was the win/win.
I never heard that from the GOP in 2016. You sound like you weren't a Pence supporter in Indiana. Who did you support, Gregg? Buttigieg?

Old 05-09-2024, 07:41 AM

35,262 posts, read 17,158,240 times
Quote:
Minnesota to Trump? Thanks for providing me my hearty laugh of the morning.

How about this one--100,000 Republicans voted for Nikki Haley in Indiana last night. Safe to assume these are never Trumpers in one of the reddest states around. Should we start a rumor about Indiana going to Biden?
They may be "never Trumpers" now but at the ballot box? I was a never Trumper in 2016 and I wound up voting for him in 2020. I will again, despite Biden's obvious greatness as POTUS.

Old 05-09-2024, 07:59 AM

6,717 posts, read 5,961,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
They may be "never Trumpers" now but at the ballot box? I was a never Trumper in 2016 and I wound up voting for him in 2020. I will again, despite Biden's obvious greatness as POTUS.
Most Haley voters have turned out to be Democrats trying to weaken Trump's position.

When it comes down to the general election, I suspect Democrats and liberal Independents will either vote Biden, or simply leave it blank. It's unthinkable that Biden serve a 2nd term after botching pretty much everything in the first term.

All those slick ads and social media paid posts that make Biden/Kamala sound like a winner team do not reflect the reality which is that only about 1/3 of Americans approve or support this pair, and they still have plenty of time to make things even worse.

For example:
- some are predicting gasoline will hit $5/gallon this summer (already is in parts of California)
- adding $1 trillion to the National Debt every 100 days
- mortgage rates rising and pricing middle class people out of the house market, even while...
- millions of illegals continuing to arrive, receiving free housing, free medical coverage, at the expense of veterans & others born here
- foreign wars only getting worse, no end in sight, and China possibly starting a war with Taiwan soon
- North Korea testing nuclear missiles and space launches

NONE of this was happening during Trump. Even the most hard core Democrats are running out of "but Trump caused it" excuses.

Old 05-09-2024, 08:31 AM

35,262 posts, read 17,158,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I know its one poll, but wouldn't be something to see Minnesota as a competitive state?

https://twitter.com/marcacaputo/stat...21700073480673

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...024/minnesota/

ETA: Virginia is shown to be competitive as well.
Minnesota, like New Jersey, always looks "purple" but almost never flips Red. Last time it did was in 1972 after McGovern's disastrous campaign. Though my father and I (I was 15) campaigned for McGovern, the best coverage was provided by the Gonzo author Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72, a book I read back in 2013.

Old 05-09-2024, 08:32 AM
Status: "Wasting time n the internet. Just like you." (set 2 days ago)

1,186 posts, read 617,745 times
Quote:

And as for Minnesota...have at it. They've been one of the reliably blue states for as long as I can remember (even going for native son Mondale, and then Dukakis, in the 80s).
This is true, unfortunately.^

Having been born and raised there it disgusts me that so many drink the koolaid in my home state, but it is dark blue and has been for a long time.

I will believe MN has tipped to Trump only when I see it, and even then I will have doubts.

Old 05-09-2024, 12:18 PM

6,717 posts, read 5,961,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Desert Guy View Post
This is true, unfortunately.^

Having been born and raised there it disgusts me that so many drink the koolaid in my home state, but it is dark blue and has been for a long time.

I will believe MN has tipped to Trump only when I see it, and even then I will have doubts.
You'd think that the crazy crime-promoting policies perpetrated on Minneapolis by their lunatic city council might tip the scales a bit... or maybe the approximately 100K Somali Muslims dumped there by Obama who have brought crime, corruption, and intolerance to a formerly clean and well run city... but apparently not.

Old 05-09-2024, 03:44 PM

8,118 posts, read 7,492,226 times
Quote:
Should we start a rumor about Indiana going to Biden?
Go ahead, start one. And then back it up with legit polling data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections