Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 10:33 PM

252 posts, read 391,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Just because Obama claims something to be true does not make it true.

We have learned that from him regarding the church fiasco.

I don't see them refuting much of the #50 lies of Obama. They just regurgitate what he has said in the past. I would need some evidence affiming his position. We could go through each and every one and find inconsistencies and not much refuting.

And why would anyone consider snopes.com to be the final word in anything.? To me just a left-wing site with a difinite bias.
Nothing more than Obama Propaganda Machines...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 10:48 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post
"Barack Obama Is a Muslim
Netlore Archive: Email rumor alleges that U.S. presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama is a Muslim who has lied about his religious background, including his claim to being a devout Christian Description: Email rumor
Circulating since: January 2007

Is Barack Obama a Muslim? - Netlore Archive

Good post but so what if he was a Muslim?
Doesn't America LOVE Muslims?
We have spent BILLIONS of our taxes "freeing" them in Iraq...Iraq is 97% MUSLIM. John Mccain loves them so much he wants our troops to stay 100 years to help them out.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:28 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,179,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Good post but so what if he was a Muslim?
Doesn't America LOVE Muslims?
We have spent BILLIONS of our taxes "freeing" them in Iraq...Iraq is 97% MUSLIM. John Mccain loves them so much he wants our troops to stay 100 years to help them out.
Hahaha, good point. Those would be our "little brown brothers" Muslims.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Why is it that you guy always seem to fall back on snopes? What makes their credibility shine above all others?
No one goes to Snopes only. No one believes that a single popular website is the ultimate fount of facts.

Snopes and the other fact-checker websites investigate questions and report what they find. Snopes has been around since 1995, millions look to them (though not ONLY them ) for myth-debunking.

Thus they have a reputation to uphold if they want to eat. If they lose their reputation for trustworthiness their readers and advertisers will abandon them.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:46 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Hahaha, good point. Those would be our "little brown brothers" Muslims.
It IS a good point and one the rep/neocon faction just can't address !

Old 06-09-2008, 07:48 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,672,903 times
Quote:
And why would anyone consider snopes.com to be the final word in anything.? To me just a left-wing site with a difinite bias.
Are you SERIOUS? You think snopes is a left wing biased site??? They thoroughly research each article and are incredibly well respected and unbiased.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Are you SERIOUS? You think snopes is a left wing biased site??? They thoroughly research each article and are incredibly well respected and unbiased.
I pointed out in some post upthread that these people will call anything they dont want to believe left-wing propaganda, and she 100% bore me out. It lets them feel good to do this.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:42 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,861,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Did you look at the Netlore or Snopes pages, Sanrene or Original Poster?

____ Yes

____ No

I posted the orig post...I did go to Snopes and read the entire rebuttal. Some of the rebuttal convinced me, most did not... Just seemed like Obamatron speak. I posted the OP so people could read it, then check out the individual claims if they wanted to. There are a couple of doosies if true and I will check them out myself as time allows. Will post what I find, if it's tasty, back here.

Is there a conservative bias fact checker out there somewhere? I'd like to check it out if it exists but couldn't find one using google. If anyone knows, pls share.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
I posted the orig post...I did go to Snopes and read the entire rebuttal. Some of the rebuttal convinced me, most did not... Just seemed like Obamatron speak. I posted the OP so people could read it, then check out the individual claims if they wanted to. There are a couple of doosies if true and I will check them out myself as time allows. Will post what I find, if it's tasty, back here.

Is there a conservative bias fact checker out there somewhere? I'd like to check it out if it exists but couldn't find one using google. If anyone knows, pls share.
Haha, why do you guys automatically announce that anything you dont want to believe is left wing propaganda? This is noted upthread here and there with varying degrees of dismay.

A CONSERVATIVE BIAS FACT-CHECKER, omg, a fact is supposed to be A FACT! There's NO SUCH THING as a biased FACT! Maybe that's why you couldnt find one at google, ya reckon?

Quoting and highlighting an earlier post: No one goes to Snopes only. No one believes that a single popular website is the ultimate fount of facts.

Snopes and the other fact-checker websites investigate questions and report what they find. Snopes has been around since 1995, millions look to them (though not ONLY them ) for myth-debunking.

Thus they have a reputation to uphold if they want to eat. If they lose their reputation for trustworthiness their readers and advertisers will abandon them.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Why dont you post what you find whether it's "tasty" or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections