Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Could your mind change before the election?
Yes, I could change my vote between now and then 17 23.94%
No, I am voting for Obama 22 30.99%
No, I am voting for McCain 22 30.99%
Voting for other/Not sure 10 14.08%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 09:44 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,578,152 times

Advertisements

I'll be voting for Obama...why? Because he's a democrat, I'm a democrat, hence I will always vote democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 09:51 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,990,690 times
Never. I will vote for Obama's opponent - whoever that may be.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:05 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,240,808 times
My central interests are foreign policy and defense. I can live with Hillary's sentiments to some degree in my focus areas, but I cannot accept Obama. For my focus areas, Clinton and McCain were closer in point of view than Obama to either.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:07 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,578,152 times
I'm sorry, but after 8 long ass years of having to deal w/a moron republican & his moronites in office???? Yeah, it is ABOUT TIME that the democrats get control.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:09 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,008,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I'm sorry, but after 8 long ass years of having to deal w/a moron republican & his moronites in office???? Yeah, it is ABOUT TIME that the democrats get control.
You still have you Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker don't you?

Old 06-16-2008, 10:10 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,707,226 times
Quote:
The only reason he is a moron is because had a clear lack of experience going into the white house. He was clearly underqualified for the position.

Who does that remind me of? His name doesn't come to mind. Omama, no, Olama, no, Orama, no. It will come to me with time.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:02 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,017,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
You know, if it was Hillary vs McCain, I would have to wait a while before I made my choice. But now that it isn't, I cant bring myself to vote for someone so underqualified.

did you consider george w to be "qualified"?

Old 06-16-2008, 11:17 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,707,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
did you consider george w to be "qualified"?
I think George is one of the worst presidents in history. Read my post above; I think his being underqualified was his biggest downfall. It will be Obama's too.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:09 AM

2,072 posts, read 6,701,278 times
Default Vote against Obama

Obama will crush this country so fast with his crazy ideas! Wake up people and vote against the crazy obama/osama!

Quote:
I think George is one of the worst presidents in history. Read my post above; I think his being underqualified was his biggest downfall. It will be Obama's too.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:01 AM

956 posts, read 1,236,267 times
Quote:
Does that person's last name start with an "R", "C", or "H" might I ask?
Yes you may! Going into the primaries, it was a "R". Long ago it was a "G". Now it's an "R" for VP.

Quote:
I'll be voting for Obama...why? Because he's a democrat, I'm a democrat, hence I will always vote democrat.
So I take it you fall into the "Democrats right or wrong" group??? This can be very dangerous thinking and you might want to consider who the best candidate is rather than his/her party.

Think of Liberals, Democrats, Moderates, Republicans, Conservatives as a sliding scale and find out where you fit in. Look at the issues, not the party. And always, always be careful what you wish for. Think about the Pied Piper and beware the golden tongue.

Quote:
So in other words, because Bush is a Republican, all Republicans are incompetent "asses" and "morons"? That's clear thinking.

I'm proud to say that I keep an open mind and recognize and respect many clear thinking Democrats. Sadly, none of them are running for President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections