Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 01:20 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,207,921 times

Advertisements

The Jewish vote is very important, not only in New York and California, but New Jersey, Florida, Massachusetts, Illinois, and Pennsylvania. There are also large numbers of Jews currently in Israel that can vote as absentees. Their fund raising will be very beneficial also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 01:29 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,643,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
The Jewish vote is very important, not only in New York and California, but New Jersey, Florida, Massachusetts, Illinois, and Pennsylvania. There are also large numbers of Jews currently in Israel that can vote as absentees. Their fund raising will be very beneficial also.
Don't hold your breath [most Jews are liberal Democrats, esp in California & New York

Old 06-17-2008, 05:17 AM

13,392 posts, read 45,135,012 times
Muss had originally been giving money to Giuliani.

Campaign Money

From Sanrene's link:
“I’ve talked to a lot of people in the past couple of days and I have not spoken to anybody who was supporting Hillary Clinton and who has indicated any likelihood of supporting McCain,” said Steve Grossman, a former co-chairman of the Democratic National Committee and a former chairman of AIPAC, who raised tens of thousands of dollars for Clinton this election cycle.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:18 AM

454 posts, read 751,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
Joe Liberman is basically already a conservative. I almost didnt vote for Gore in 2000 because he was on the ballot.
Maybe you were hesitating because he was Jewish.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:21 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,074,672 times
Quote:
“I’ve talked to a lot of people in the past couple of days and I have not spoken to anybody who was supporting Hillary Clinton and who has indicated any likelihood of supporting McCain,†said Steve Grossman
Wow. He's talked to "a lot" of people. Very specific. What would you expect him to say?
Quote:
Does that mean the Republican party is now welcoming Jews? Isn't that sorta against your "values"?
The republican party welcomes one and all. We just don't play identity politics the way the dems/libs do.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:32 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,207,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Don't hold your breath [most Jews are liberal Democrats, esp in California & New York

There is a shift beginning and events in the next few months will change a lot of Jewish people's minds.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:34 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,771,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
There is a shift beginning and events in the next few months will change a lot of Jewish people's minds.
I doubt that.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:05 AM

13,392 posts, read 45,135,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The republican party welcomes one and all. We just don't play identity politics the way the dems/libs do.
Sanrene, that's great about the Republican party's big tent, but my response was to your post, which identified Muss as a "Jewish Dem."
Muss gave to Giuliani this year, and that was not a first.
In 2004 he gave to several different presidential candidates--including a Republican.
My point is that perhaps this not an especially huge coup for McCain's campaign.
::shrug:: Maybe I'm wrong.
Regardless, there is a lot of stuff floating around about Obama's "Jewish problem," but when it comes to tikkun olam, my vote would not go to McCain.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:36 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,840,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Socially liberal. It'll be interesting to see how they view Obama as a friend of Israel's enemies and how much that comes into play at the voting booth. Obama appears concerned about it enough to ratchet up his rhetoric when speaking to Jewish groups.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:50 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,314,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
TheHill.com - Jewish Dem donor joins McCain team

I'm sure there will be more...keep talking Obama...out of both sides of your mouth.

I wonder if there is any chance of turning Joe L. (a great, great American) into an (R).
Joe L is flip flopping sore loser who plays by his own rules and screw everyone else.

I bet if he had won the democratic primary in CT he would have thought its results were legitimate. What a baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections