Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 01:54 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,981,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
not for me. I am still waiting for someone do dig up thomas jefferson.
OK, now having a corpse as VP is where I draw the line!

But, OTOH.... maybe you're onto something. Jefferson was born in 1743, 192 years before McCain. So if he was McCain's VP, he'd make Johnny boy look like a spring chicken!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 02:09 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,864,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
He is young and inexperienced.
Yep. Young. 10 years younger than Obama. MUCH MORE EXPERIENCE THAN OBABMA.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
Who?, this Indian guy? Folks are more racists towards Indians than they are towards blacks. Goodluck getting any votes with this guy at # 2
You must be a democrat,seeing that you care about race so much. The republicans don't care what Jindal or Obama "is", just what they do.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
True, he got a master's degree in political science from Oxford. Impressive, indeed.
I don't know if that's ten times more impressive than Harvard Law School, though.

ps--just teasing, you know. Jindal's a good candidate.
It well may be 10 times more impressive if the Harvard Law School admitance was through affirmative action.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:16 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,267,080 times
Not his time yet. Too many people ahead of him...

Plus I agree that it is way, way too early to evaluate his work as Governor. I mean it would not be hard for him to look good compared to the mess that existed there before...

Old 06-17-2008, 02:17 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,869,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
OK, now having a corpse as VP is where I draw the line!

But, OTOH.... maybe you're onto something. Jefferson was born in 1743, 192 years before McCain. So if he was McCain's VP, he'd make Johnny boy look like a spring chicken!
haha, jefferson is more qualified than either one of the candidates running. hmm, wrote the declaration of independence. that's all I need! he wrote the document for the foundation for the perfect nation, and all we have done ever since is screw it up.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:18 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,812,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
You must be a democrat,seeing that you care about race so much. The republicans don't care what Jindal or Obama "is", just what they do.
I don't care about the race, it's just the freaking reality. Wha?t, do you think the republicans can win the elections only with their base (the people that you think do not care about race). I'm pretty shocked at this idea of yours that republicans do not care about race yet they are already questioning what the white house should be called if an A.A is elected. Yeahhhh, this is happening 5 months before the GE.....i would like to have some of that kool-aid that you are drinking.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:23 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,267,080 times
I didn't want to go there but the only reason Jindal is even being brought up is because he's seen as someone that can counter the young/full of potential/person of color vibe Obama generates. Any other election year, he doesn't even get mentioned...

Old 06-17-2008, 02:27 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,981,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Ha ha ha ha ha ha oh, this is rich. Now let me get this straight:

The republicans. Don't care. What race Obama is.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha tee hee chortle chortle snort!

Oh, thank you for such a good laugh. I haven't laughed like that in months!

Old 06-17-2008, 02:34 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,418,214 times
Obama is half white.

And the other half isn't "really black" according to the black leaders, because he's not descended from slaves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections