Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 07:08 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,707,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Yea, classy ... man is hanging by his wrists and says something and you grasp at straws trying justify Michelle Obama's stupid remark ... nice. What has Michelle Obama EVER been deprived of that would make her not REALLY be proud of her country until her husband runs for President ... please enlighten us.
I dont get it, could you rephrase this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 07:11 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,296,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
Great Find. Most people that make issue with what Michele said are racists. I imagine that no one will make issue with what McCain has said.
This won't be shown on the corporate media, especially FoxNews. Only liberals can be un-patriotic, remember?

Old 06-20-2008, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
This won't be shown on the corporate media, especially FoxNews. Only liberals can be un-patriotic, remember?
Even the media isn't stupid enough to question the patriotism of a veteran. Only you are.

I dont even know why I come on here during my 2 weeks off during the daytime. Everyone knows its all the jobless liberals who are on during the day. The republicans come after they get off work.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:15 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,085,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
The man almost lost his life for this country.

How dare you call a veteran, or even question the patriotism, of a veteran.

Why dont you get off your computer and go over to Iraq and ask the soldiers if they are patriotic why dont you? You should question their patriotism.

I cant believe you would stoop so low. This man almost died for this country. I doubt you have.
I think that John Kerry's patriotism was sorely questioned. Does Swiftboat ring a bell? It is time for John McCain to run on his present ideals not his past glories!

Old 06-20-2008, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Yea, classy ... man is hanging by his wrists and says something and you grasp at straws trying justify Michelle Obama's stupid remark ... nice. What has Michelle Obama EVER been deprived of that would make her not REALLY be proud of her country until her husband runs for President ... please enlighten us.
I wonder what McCain was "deprived of" that would only make him love America after he had left it. Let's see, son and grandson of navy admirals... got into the Naval Academy through nepotism and graduated 894th out of 899 students.

Yeah, much less privilage than a black girl from the ghetto.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:18 AM

Quote:
I dont even know why I come on here during my 2 weeks off during the daytime.
Then leave.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:21 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times
Quote:
I wonder what McCain was "deprived of" that would only make him love America after he had left it. Let's see, son and grandson of navy admirals... got into the Naval Academy through nepotism and graduated 894th out of 899 students.

Yeah, much less privilage than a black girl from the ghetto.
OOH Look... Someone brought up race again.. Imagine my surprise that it was someone on the left.. Ooh wait.. I'm not surprised, its ALWAYS them.. How about the fact that the "Black ghetto girl" (your words) was a millionaire and still talking about how they cant get ahead in this country. BS

Obviously you've never left this country, if you have, for anything other then a weekend visit to Euro Disney or Niagara Falls, you'd understand exactly what McCain meant. Lets not even discuss the hogwash about "nepotism", because your lacking the ability to connect the dots between McCain missing America, and him going to school..

Old 06-20-2008, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Then leave.
Get a job

Wow, I am sorry. Did I just tell a Democrat to get a job. Whoops. That is off limits, we all know democrats dont have to work when a democrat is president.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:28 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,051,924 times
Quote:
I don't consider Michelle Obama's remark stupid.
The remark, in full, unedited, was this: Michelle Obama said, "What we have learned over this year is that hope is making a comeback. It is making a comeback. And let me tell you something--for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment. I've seen people who are hungry to be unified around some basic common issues, and it's made me proud." [New York Times, 2/19/08]
I don't know about you, but there have indeed been some times when I was NOT all that proud of my country (heckuva job, Dubya), and there have been other times when I positively beamed (June 3rd).
Her remark reflected former disappointment with the path America has been on, and hope for a brighter future. She should know; she grew up in the South Side of Chicago and managed to earn a Princeton degree (cu m laude), also a law degree from Harvard--later she switched from law to public service and community relations.
I think she understands love of country, and working to change it.
Questioning Mrs. Obama's patriotism (and her remark) is every bit as stupid as questioning Senator McCain's.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:31 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,679,185 times
Quote:
Even the media isn't stupid enough to question the patriotism of a veteran. Only you are.

I dont even know why I come on here during my 2 weeks off during the daytime. Everyone knows its all the jobless liberals who are on during the day. The republicans come after they get off work.
People have internet access at work you know. Some people are even the boss!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections