Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 10:10 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,289,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Obama has been using race through the entire process.
Examples, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 10:52 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Examples, please.

We dont have enough memory for this, he used the race card from the start, one day he is black, one day he is white and then of course his wife tells volunteers to get get her some white people.

He uses it himself for his advantage and then tosses it away when he dont need it.

When you talk about racism, Obama and his misfits are the tops!

Is John McCain ready for the race card to screw him over with 95% of all blacks voting for Obama which is racist itself.

Is John McCain ready to get screwed over when he wont be allowed to speak the truth but yet Obama can make racist comments on after another and get away with it?

He need a real man in the WH, not a boy in sheep clothing.

Find something else libs, this wont work. Try the Iraq thing again, or something else.

Hey, if you got dirt use it, because I am totally sure Obama has more dirt then you will want to see.

October is coming and the rep will surely find something good on Obama, all they have to do is look in this mans closet, its full !

Old 06-21-2008, 03:20 AM

252 posts, read 390,748 times
Red face Don't tell us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
He is not going to give his battle plans to the enemy.
Obama is going to count on the "Triumvirate" of: The Racist Rev, The Crazy Priest and who can #3 be?? lol hahaha

Old 06-21-2008, 03:40 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

October is coming and the rep will surely find something good on Obama, all they have to do is look in this mans closet, its full !
By the way, the presidential election is in November...always has been. And why bring up a candidate's wife? That's just stretching for things to ***** about...sorry.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:00 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
He knows the Republicans will soon whip out Willie Horton again! And he is ready!
Obama says Republicans will use race to stoke fear - Yahoo! News (broken link)

How pathetic. Obama, by those words, is playing the race card himself, in advance of the Republicans. I thought Obama was beyond race and all about unity. What a swirmy guy!!

So the title of this thread should be "Obama IS Playing The Race Card"

Old 06-21-2008, 05:40 AM

526 posts, read 1,482,224 times
Quote:
He knows the Republicans will soon whip out Willie Horton again! And he is ready!
Get your facts straight -- Willie Horton was orignally made famous by Al Gore; last I checked he was not a Republican"

(From Wikipedia):

"The first person to mention the Massachusetts furlough program in the 1988 presidential campaign was Al Gore. During a debate at the Felt Forum sponsored by the New York Daily News, Gore took issue with the furlough program. However, he did not specifically mention the Horton incident or even mention Horton's name."

Willie Horton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But more to the point, Republicans have appointed more minorities and specifically blacks to important positions within the government than Democrats EVER did -- from Clarence Thomas to Colin Powel to Condoleeza Rice to the large number of lower court appointees made by the Bush Adminstration, many of whom were blocked by your precious Democrat senators.

It was interesting indeed to see how little support from the Black community candidates like Ken Backwell, Michael Steel, etc. received in recent times.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:14 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Isn't it sad how always when people are lsoing they say it is because they are black!!!
I have seen the Williams sisters making statements like that just because they had a bad encounter with another player....immediatelly the other one was a racist, never in there life they thought it could be because they weren't so friendly and made unfriendly remarks...just coming out and yelling "it is because we are black"....Grow up... when did they say "because we are black", when they got the sholarship or when Oprah became the most powerful women in the media world....

Old 06-21-2008, 06:18 AM

161 posts, read 384,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
We dont have enough memory for this, he used the race card from the start, one day he is black, one day he is white and then of course his wife tells volunteers to get get her some white people.

He uses it himself for his advantage and then tosses it away when he dont need it.

When you talk about racism, Obama and his misfits are the tops!

Is John McCain ready for the race card to screw him over with 95% of all blacks voting for Obama which is racist itself.

Is John McCain ready to get screwed over when he wont be allowed to speak the truth but yet Obama can make racist comments on after another and get away with it?

He need a real man in the WH, not a boy in sheep clothing.

Find something else libs, this wont work. Try the Iraq thing again, or something else.

Hey, if you got dirt use it, because I am totally sure Obama has more dirt then you will want to see.

First of all, I hardly see Michelle Obama as racist when she says "Go and get me some white people." It's not meant in a derogatory way, so get over it.

Second, blacks have ALWAYS been a democratic vote (with exception of a few), the demographic would rarely vote republican. However there is very low voter turnout usually, Obama has encouraged those voters who were not previously registered to get out and vote. He inspired millions of African Americans to get out and vote and yes maybe it is because he is black. But I hardly consider that to be racist. You could however say that because you are NOT voting for Obama because he is black, racist.

Third, you might want to look at your own candidate before you think Obama is the only one who has skeletons in his closet. McCain has done his fair share.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:14 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vter4ever View Post
First of all, I hardly see Michelle Obama as racist when she says "Go and get me some white people." It's not meant in a derogatory way, so get over it.

Second, blacks have ALWAYS been a democratic vote (with exception of a few), the demographic would rarely vote republican. However there is very low voter turnout usually, Obama has encouraged those voters who were not previously registered to get out and vote. He inspired millions of African Americans to get out and vote and yes maybe it is because he is black. But I hardly consider that to be racist. You could however say that because you are NOT voting for Obama because he is black, racist.

Third, you might want to look at your own candidate before you think Obama is the only one who has skeletons in his closet. McCain has done his fair share.

I am getting the picture; when a black person does it, racism isn't racist. Only black people are allowed to scream "racism." If anything good comes out of this presidental election, I hope it is to make black people stop being allowed to be racist as much as anybody else. The Obama couple are both racist and he is half white??? He keeps calling himself black, does he not like his white side? I don't like either of his sides or either of his faces. That's because I am not racist! LOL

Old 06-21-2008, 07:16 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Isn't it sad how always when people are lsoing they say it is because they are black!!!
I have seen the Williams sisters making statements like that just because they had a bad encounter with another player....immediatelly the other one was a racist, never in there life they thought it could be because they weren't so friendly and made unfriendly remarks...just coming out and yelling "it is because we are black"....Grow up... when did they say "because we are black", when they got the sholarship or when Oprah became the most powerful women in the media world....
Oh brother...what the Williams sisters have to do with this conversation i'll never know...When have you heard the Williams sisters say that when they had a bad experience with another player it was because they were black?

Have you thought that maybe they were "unfriendly" because they were not treated nicely at first? I Whatever...its amazing the length some people go through to make a ridiculous point!

You have made some ridiculous points but never seem to back them up...do you have any links to prove it or is it just your opinion stated on fact?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections