Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 09:54 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
It proves that Obama is no different than any other corrupt official... what is wrong is STILL WRONG... Republicans did it and it was wrong, now that Obama is doing it... it suddenly becomes "okay"... you people are weird... but I guess you are more enamored with a person than actual political issues.. or perhaps he paid you off nicely with all his handouts and entitlements...

Please point out in my statement EXACTLY where I said it was OK.

""""Well, it proves Obama does reach across the aisle.......proving that those who have said he doesn't are liars...again.""

There it is...show me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 11:26 AM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you dont even know who or what I support, but though it was ok to comment "my own candidate"?

Odd that someone can pretend to know where another individual stands on issues and then a few posts later admit that they have no clue.

Only thing I admit to is sarcasm and condescension -- whooooooshh; most everyone knows McCain's stance on relevant issues are aligned with Bush 90% of the time; hence the '3rd term' catchphrase in mainstream media, and we both know you support McCain, evident from your previous posts in other threads. No need to be coy.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:51 AM

454 posts, read 748,741 times
Even moveon is angry with his decision, it did not take me long to realize that Obama has no convictions. It probably will take some time for some of the left-wingers to come to the same conclusion.

MoveOn.org Political Action: Democracy in Action

Old 06-22-2008, 12:04 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,846,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Please point out in my statement EXACTLY where I said it was OK.

""""Well, it proves Obama does reach across the aisle.......proving that those who have said he doesn't are liars...again.""

There it is...show me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I inferred that when you say "reach across the aisle" as someone who is bipartisan... Obama is definitely NOT bipartisan. I infer that you are suggesting anyone who thinks that he is not bipartisan are ... liars. This is suggestive that you are saying its "okay" because he is being bipartisan... To me, he is NOT reaching across the aisle but is doing something most politicians do... corruption...

Old 06-22-2008, 02:47 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,191 times
Let's tackle the fundamental issues folks. How about we pi$$ in both mainstream politicians' cornflakes this year and vote for the only candidate that has never outright flopped an issue in his tenure. He's also well known from the primaries and voted against the war and the Patriot Act; presumably against FISA in the past, but I don't think he voted in the House this time... At worst he'll make no new friends (though I find that hard to believe) but certainly won't make more enemies of our country as has been done for years now.

Ron Paul... Ron Paul... Ron Paul...

Old 07-08-2008, 08:22 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,973,785 times
Updated info on FISA

Ron Paul’s Campaign For Liberty » Blog Archive » FISA Vote Postponed Until Tomorrow | The Revolution Continues (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections