Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2008, 05:42 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,081,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Their is a difference. Bill cheated on his wife while in office.

John McCain cheated before running for president. So now we have to judge him by his passed history.
Whoops. Bubba's infidelity was WELL known before he was elected. Jennifer Flowers? Hillary "stand by her man comment"? Remember??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 06:00 PM

31,702 posts, read 41,183,806 times
Bill was not just cheating on his wife he was exposing himself to woman namely Paula Jones etc. That is not just infidelity that today for a normal citizen is sexual offender status.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:31 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,676,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
Their is a difference. Bill cheated on his wife while in office.

John McCain cheated before running for president. So now we have to judge him by his passed history.
Do you really think that Billy only cheated on Hillary with Monica Lewinsky? The man was a dog before running for president, while president and if magazines can be believed -- he is a dog while his wife was running for president.
But that was an issue between him and his wife.

Look, Mccain is a creep for treating his first wife the way he did. But I honestly can't stand it when people excuse 'their' guy the same behavior they are lambasting in the 'other' guy.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:37 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,252,897 times
I didn't care about Clinton's extracurricular escapades, and don't care about McCain's.

I did find it funny when the Daily Show was doing a "McCain's so old" routine and one of them was "McCain's so old his trophy wife is in her 50's."

Old 06-24-2008, 06:40 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,813,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Do you really think that Billy only cheated on Hillary with Monica Lewinsky? The man was a dog before running for president, while president and if magazines can be believed -- he is a dog while his wife was running for president.
But that was an issue between him and his wife.

Look, Mccain is a creep for treating his first wife the way he did. But I honestly can't stand it when people excuse 'their' guy the same behavior they are lambasting in the 'other' guy.
Agreed. Bill Clinton and John McCain are both Dogs. Personally it does not bother me that they are exercising their libidos. Powerful guys and all.

I would bet you however that many Clinton supporters don't see his transgressions as that big of a deal. In most countries it is expected that their leaders enjoy a little stress relief on the side.

I can bet you it is just killing McCain supporters though.

Kind of like Senator Craig. "Our Guys" have morals and character. "Your Guys" are responsible for the horrible morals and decay of our society.

And as other posters have pointed out, there is an irony when one brings up the infidelity of McCain they have to go back to Clinton as a comeback.

Dude has been out of office for nearly a decade now.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Agreed. Bill Clinton and John McCain are both Dogs. Personally it does not bother me that they are exercising their libidos. Powerful guys and all.

I would bet you however that many Clinton supporters don't see his transgressions as that big of a deal. In most countries it is expected that their leaders enjoy a little stress relief on the side.

Kind of like Senator Craig. "Our Guys" have morals and character. "Your Guys" are responsible for the horrible morals and decay of our society.

And as other posters have pointed out, there is an irony when one brings up the infidelity of McCain they have to go back to Clinton as a comeback.

You are right that traditionally dems tend not to see affairs as that big of a deal when compared with republicans --- well, the fund. republicans anyways.
It's all dumb in my opinion, and I certainly can see why obama supporters would find it fun to bait Mccain supporters with it --- I mean, what mccain did really was indefensible.

Oh, and that old dude may be out of office, but he is stilling running the streets

Old 06-24-2008, 07:01 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,081,368 times
Quote:
Oh, and that old dude may be out of office, but he is stilling running the streets
How bout that vanity fair "smear" about bubba needing intervention for his carousing. Now that he is unfettered by the oval office and hill hanging around, can you imagine the fun he is having?

Old 06-24-2008, 07:04 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,813,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How bout that vanity fair "smear" about bubba needing intervention for his carousing. Now that he is unfettered by the oval office and hill hanging around, can you imagine the fun he is having?
God Bless him. No offense to Hilary supporters, but lets' be real.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Can you imagine the 'fun' of having Hillary reading that article just as her campaign was going down in smoke?!
I never thought I would feel sorry for Bill, but I did that day

Old 06-24-2008, 07:08 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,288,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post

Right you are shipmate. I will rebound with the slicksters issues when the left pound on someone for the same offense. Me personally I only fault the man for acting like a little boy when he was caught. If he had cowboyed up and acted like a man I would have been like no big deal Bill but you married a dragon and youll have deal with her for it now.
McCains indescretions. Who knows the whole story? Maybe his ex was a sniveling nagging harpy that drove him to fits of rage with her nagging? Done is done and that whats quite some time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections