Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 09:50 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,007,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I would say Fox is the official channel of the Republican party.

MSNBC with some of their hosts, Olbermann and Abrams, do a great job of counteracting Fox's disgraceful behavior.

CNN is right in the middle.
The only one close to the middle is headline news. CNN used to be in the middle.

So only because Fox promotes the right it is disgusting but not what MSNBC does? YOu are playing into the Obamaton stereotype so well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 10:02 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,407,780 times
Fox News is a joke for news although I do watch the political commentary sometimes to get a sense of the feelings of the right. MSNBC has much better political commentary although Oberman (although I like the guy) is definitely biased to the left. Generally I like Hardball the best.

That being said, I now get most of my news from PBS or overseas. Most American outlets these days are full of stories that belong on the front of a tabloid rather than a real news show. Fox is the worst at this garbage.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:57 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,618,264 times
For all the loons on here to know what Fox News is doing you must watch it allot. I can see why, you get all the news and not just part of it.

Michelle gets what she deserves, she is a racist woman who spits out trash everytime she talks and she is an open target ready to be taken down.

No wonder Barrack is sending her to "how to be a nice person" school and has a speaker with her all the time now to train her on what to say and when to say it.

She is a loser, a racist and you have not seen nothing yet. Time to attack her from all ends. Let's see if we can make this freak woman crack!

Fox News is the best going and you all know it. Anyone who admits they watch Keith Oberman really needs to be on meds, talk about lies, deceit, anger issues, wow, this nutcase is loaded with issues.
No wonder ESPN got rid of his sorry butt, he is about as dumb as a doorknob.

I watched commi news network for years and now have switched to the best news, Fox!

Old 06-23-2008, 06:36 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,873,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
If Fox News is engaging in racial stereotypes perhaps Barack Obama can get a job there if he loses the presidency. Anyone who refers to his grandmother as a "typical white person" with closeted racist attitudes should fit right in working for a network that engages in stereotypes, don't ya think?
Well said! Rep for you.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:40 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,861,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
We all know what Faux News is.

Faux: not genuine or real; being an imitation of the genuine article

I think that fits rather well.
perhaps you have an example of a good media outlet. care to share? I find them all biased.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:55 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,816,345 times
The most hilarious thing I ever saw on Fox News was when they were doing some regular nightly news program (forgot which one) and the whole time the ticker at the bottom just cycled through different Obama-bashing stories, not even at all related to the rest of the program. "Today in the college world series, Obama's brother-in-law's dog once peed on an American newspaper, so Obama is Muslim."

Old 06-23-2008, 06:57 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,488,120 times
Quote:
Michelle gets what she deserves, she is a racist woman who spits out trash everytime she talks and she is an open target ready to be taken down.

No wonder Barrack is sending her to "how to be a nice person" school and has a speaker with her all the time now to train her on what to say and when to say it.

She is a loser, a racist and you have not seen nothing yet. Time to attack her from all ends. Let's see if we can make this freak woman crack!
It is shameful and low class to go after someone's wife like this. She is not running for president. Her husband is. Go after him. By the way, I'm fairly conservative and won't be voting for Obama.

As for Fox news, I sense a rightward tilt, but not as bad as liberals think it is. But it is sensationalistic, like most TV news, and in that sense, Fox news is no better than CNN or MSNBC. What's sad is that I actually have to go overseas to get decent coverage of my own country's presidential election.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:10 AM

4,147 posts, read 8,007,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
It is shameful and low class to go after someone's wife like this. She is not running for president. Her husband is. Go after him. By the way, I'm fairly conservative and won't be voting for Obama.

As for Fox news, I sense a rightward tilt, but not as bad as liberals think it is. But it is sensationalistic, like most TV news, and in that sense, Fox news is no better than CNN or MSNBC. What's sad is that I actually have to go overseas to get decent coverage of my own country's presidential election.
Funny every time someone makes you mad and you think bad thoughts or every time a women really deserved to be cursed for doing something shameful she is always some ones daughter, mother, or wife.

Michelle was free range when Obama put her out their to campaign. She has said some dumb things and people were on a program trying to analyze how the "other side" was going to spin the story. Nothing more or less.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:16 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,488,120 times
I didn't say she didn't say dumb things. I think she's lacks tact. But that doesn't make her a horrible person. And what the previous poster said about "making that freak woman crack" was simply cruel.

And like I said before. She's not the candidate. Barack will be making decisions regarding the country's future--not her. So I also think it's rather pointless to go after her when her husband is the one who really matters.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:17 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
Funny how a discussion about news coverage of Michele Obama, turned into a discussion about Fox News being Faux News.

Lets think about this for a second, who would change the subject to "Faux"? surely not a conservative because we dont even call it that.

What does this mean? It means that once again we have an example of liberals who cant stay focused on the topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections