Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 03:44 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,663,526 times

Advertisements

What I find offensive is this idea that the US is the same if not worse then Nazi Germany and Stalin's Russia combined. I wish that people would, oh maybe read about what living under actual brutal regimes is like. And no, having the price of your low fat mocha frappe go up is not brutal. Neither is anything --- and yes, I mean anything going on in the US right now.
For democratic delegates to boo the pledge of allegiance is beyond insulting to this ...our country. Does it make them sheeple or nazis or fascists to say it? No. What saying the pledge of allegiance accomplishes is an acknowledgement of our government, and more specifically their job to help choose the next democratic candidate for president of the united states. When else would saying the pledge be more appropriate? Instead, they acted like a bunch of junior high kids let out of school early. They should be embarassed of themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 03:52 PM

358 posts, read 519,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
At the mere mention of doing the pledge there were groans and boos from the pro Obama delegates. Then, when the district chair put the idea of doing the Pledge of Allegiance up to a vote, it was overwhelmingly voted down. One might more accurately say the idea of pledging allegiance to the flag (of which there was only one in the room, by the way, on some delegate’s hat) was shouted down." ----
43rd District Seattle Washington Democratic Caucus April 5 2008

just goes to show you that these people truly do not believe in what is best for the USA. maybe osama obama should go live in saudi arabia and take his followers with him.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:01 PM

31,691 posts, read 41,128,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losertarian View Post
just goes to show you that these people truly do not believe in what is best for the USA. maybe osama obama should go live in saudi arabia and take his followers with him.
My fear is that the reverse is happening. The Saudi Royal family is buying us out and noting the Muslim hating taking place. Could get ugly when they have majority ownership. He doesn't need to go there, they are doing a great job coming here.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:34 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
It's that kind of thinking that lead the South to secede from the Union.
WHAT?????

I started the Civil War???...Who? ME?! No, I didn't and you can't prove it!

Old 06-29-2008, 04:39 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,741,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
WHAT?????

I started the Civil War???...Who? ME?! No, I didn't and you can't prove it!
That's not what I said and you know it.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:40 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,741,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
the catholic priests are hetro child molesters, NOT gay men.
Of course they are. That's why 95% of sex abuse was perpetrated on young boys.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:44 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,047,297 times
Absolutely Pathetic.

If you don't like it, don't recite it, simple as that. You can sit there quietly and not make a fuss. Its one thing to abstain, its another to sit there and boo it like a bunch of children. If a crippled man in a wheel chair can make an effort to stand during the pledge, then surely some Seattle lefty can sit quietly and act their age.

Amazing that such an immature political party gets any support at all.

Obama makes people constantly recite his name and mottoes; Bear his seals and t-shirts everywhere, maybe he's the Fascist one?

Last edited by Frankie117; 06-29-2008 at 05:03 PM..

Old 06-29-2008, 04:44 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
That's not what I said and you know it.
No, but what you posted was just as silly!

Old 06-29-2008, 04:56 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,044,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Can we build a boat big enough to get rid of the wacko left loonies who hate America?
The Obama crowd love him because they too hate America because they are mostly losers anyway who blame others for them being such a waste.
Its sad to think this man has so many of these goofs suckered that they all follow his lead.
When is the boat leaving? Obama and his wife can be the skippers and take all his followers with him.
Heh, there you go! I propose that the Democratic Republic of Congo become their new homeland. No one seems to know how to rule the place so Obama and the gang can show up, hold rallies, teach them to chant "Yes, we can!", and turn it into a big ole nanny state. I'm being generous here -- the Congo is very rich in diamonds and minerals so they'll have plenty of money to rebuild the country.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:04 PM

415 posts, read 612,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
For democratic delegates to boo the pledge of allegiance.
Thomas Jefferson never said the Pledge of Allegiance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections