Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 01:41 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,622,887 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what Obama is afraid of that he will not sit down and debate McCain?

My bet is he is waiting out all his new flip flopping to see which one will be best so he doesn't get nailed on the issues. He cannot make up his mind on key issues which shows is lack of good decision making skills.

Either way why is he so afraid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 03:25 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,714,097 times
Because his voters that are kinda undecided will drop off when they hear what a poor debater he is--and he knows it. Debates are all about policy.

There will never be questions like "What is your opinion of patriotism?" or "Should the wives be fair game in this election?" or "Is race an important factor?" which are the questions Obama has been able to answer so well. When questions about policy are asked, like "What makes giving illegal aliens in state tuition fair?" or "How do you see Iraq in 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years, and 2 decades if you are elected president?" he will totally flop because he has no clue and since he doesn't have a prepared statement in front of him, he will fall on his face.

In short, he does well with his "pep rallies" but really blows at debating. Its kind of hard to have a debate about policy when you have no clue how to run a country.

People may not like what McCain has to say, but the difference is that he has a solid plan, and he is driven to implement that plan. He knows what he is doing, and at a debate, he wont be afraid to call Obama out on having no plans. Now, if he (McCain) was going against Clinton, he would loose this presidency easily because Clinton is an excellent debater and had a solid, direct plan for the country much like McCain does. Obama, not so much.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:59 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,437,395 times
Default Why debate yet another inferior opponent?

McCain hasn't shown that he's worthy of debating Obama. He's pathetic and a farce. The media in such debates has thus far shown themselves to be completely biased against Obama and absolute imbeciles.

What good are debates anyway? John Kerry won every debate against the village idiot in '04, yet still lost.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
McCain hasn't shown that he's worthy of debating Obama. He's pathetic and a farce. The media in such debates has thus far shown themselves to be completely biased against Obama and absolute imbeciles.

What good are debates anyway? John Kerry won every debate against the village idiot in '04, yet still lost.
BIASED AGAINST OBAMA!!!!!!! I cant stop laughing.

Yes, they have just been horrible to poor Obama. I am sure they have just hammered poor Obama to death up there in San Francisco where you live. The man just cant catch a break. NOT

Old 07-05-2008, 04:45 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,437,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
BIASED AGAINST OBAMA!!!!!!! I cant stop laughing.

Yes, they have just been horrible to poor Obama. I am sure they have just hammered poor Obama to death up there in San Francisco where you live. The man just cant catch a break. NOT
I'm laughing too...all the way to Obama's inauguration. The man has far too much class, dignity, intelligence, and substance to be hampered by you bashers. Hillary found out the hard way and so will McRelic.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:10 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,944,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Just wondering what Obama is afraid of that he will not sit down and debate McCain?

My bet is he is waiting out all his new flip flopping to see which one will be best so he doesn't get nailed on the issues. He cannot make up his mind on key issues which shows is lack of good decision making skills.

Either way why is he so afraid?
No teleprompter?

Old 07-05-2008, 06:20 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,196,989 times
So this thread is number 3 on sunshinechicks list..."fear"...her only other two themes are "jealousy" and "hate".....what a life.....

I haven't seen or read or heard one word anywhere that says Obama won't debate John McCain...Obama has been in many debates so far and will have more....

Again...neocons resorting to lies because thry have nothing else....

Old 07-05-2008, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So this thread is number 3 on sunshinechicks list..."fear"...her only other two themes are "jealousy" and "hate".....what a life.....

I haven't seen or read or heard one word anywhere that says Obama won't debate John McCain...Obama has been in many debates so far and will have more....

Again...neocons resorting to lies because thry have nothing else....
I think this is a pretty legitimate thread. If you guys didn't have such a braindead candidate with equally braindead supporters, there wouldnt be so much to question.

It just seems weird to most right-minded people (correct minded and conservative) how anyone would vote for Obama given what an idiot he is. We are trying to figure out why he has the support he does (aside from the idiots who supported him blindly).

If you cant answer the question she asked, there is no need to insult the OP.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:23 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,041,097 times
Yeah, what happened to the Obama that said " I'll debate John McCain anywhere, anytime"?

Coward.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, what happened to the Obama that said " I'll debate John McCain anywhere, anytime"?

Coward.
His proposal, July 4th. He denied all his other ones. His statement was just to make his supporters happy. He didn't really mean it (because, trust me, Johnny boy is eager to debate him).

Are you calling me a coward?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections