Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 10:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,232,612 times

Advertisements

Obama’s own voice may haunt him - David Mark and Kenneth P. Vogel - Politico.com

“I kept playing basketball, attended classes sparingly, drank beer heavily, and tried drugs enthusiastically. … If the high didn’t solve whatever it was that was getting you down,”

Yes, the dumbing down of american presidential candidates keep getting worse. Clinton didnt inhale, and everyone laughed, Obama admits to inhaling, and will probably win the next election.

Those on the left criticized Bush for drinking, but where is the outrage against Obama.. I know.. that double standard only applies to the left...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 10:40 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,711,616 times
And he used affirmative action to get a leg into college too.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:44 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,974,279 times
Waiting for the Bush Chokes on Pretzel YouTube in 5...4....3...2...

Old 07-07-2008, 10:44 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,621,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Now wait a minute, thats not fair.... He is against affirmative action, no wait, he is for it, no... he is against it...no he is for it. Ohh heck he is just a druggie drunk who is falling on his face.

His character is showing, his poor morals is showing, his poor decision making skills are showing, gosh, he is going to heck real quick.

But it is ok to use drugs, drink and change your name because you are embarrassed by it.

How did he get any affirmative action money when he is not black?

Cannot wait to see the excuses from these Nobama followers.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:13 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,415,804 times
I actually kinda dig that he's honest about his past. That was high school.

Think every other politician was squeaky clean at 17? Come off it.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:49 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,266,448 times
don't really care about personal use of substance since i think just like alcohol, pot should be legal as with many other drugs. if it doesn't hinder his ability to perform his job, doesn't bother me. if anything, i hope he does well in all aspects in helping the country so he has enough political currency that 6-7 years in the future he can hopefully push for decriminalizing pot.

as for affirmitive action, while it might have helped him transferring to columbia and possibly getting into harvard law, you don't become the law review editor on only affirmitive action. for those who have went to law school know how difficulut and presitigious that is.

fact is, obama is extremely intelligent and his biggest challenge will be trying to not alienate the average voter by being too much of an academic. It is sad when 'academics' or those who come off like them (example: ron paul), are disparaged by the populus and media for not being 'joe-six pack'.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:01 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,833,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Did he get his torso in by being smarter then you?

Old 07-08-2008, 03:23 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,833,941 times
And where were the people who cared about drug use in 2000?

Seriously you elected a president with more snow on his nostrils then fell in Alaska. I guess it wasn't a big deal back then when the truth actually mattered less then hearsay.

Actually, since GWB lied about it we should be alright. The last thing we want is a president who can admit to things like drinking. That would be terrible; also it would definitely disqualify me from ever even considering to run.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:41 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,124,329 times
Obama admits to having an addictive disorder which he has never been able to control. He has received medical and psycological help in the past but still has the problem.

He is known to drink quite often, perhaps too much. Sometimes he becomes disoriented and loses his balance. His speech becomes slurred and he has difficulty reading the telepromter.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:26 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,125,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
Obama admits to having an addictive disorder which he has never been able to control. He has received medical and psycological help in the past but still has the problem.

He's talking about SMOKING people.

He is known to drink quite often, perhaps too much. Sometimes he becomes disoriented and loses his balance. His speech becomes slurred and he has difficulty reading the telepromter.
You do know that you are describing the behavior of GW to a T don't you? I'm not saying that either one drinks too much. I'm just saying that if you want to talk about disorientation and difficulty reading speeches.....GW is the one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections