Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 04:07 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,398,185 times

Advertisements

Anyone see this? Affected local, county, state, and Federal elections.
LEX18 - Lexington, KY - News, Weather, Sports - Several Clay County Officials Arrested On Federal Charges (http://www.lex18.com/global/story.asp?s=10037216 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 05:32 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,228,355 times
Didn't hear of it. After a quick read, it looks like it was a local/county operation - they weren't fixing state-wide or national elections, were they?

Old 03-22-2009, 06:50 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,863,425 times
idahogie wrote;
Quote:
After a quick read, it looks like it was a local/county operation-they weren't fixing state-wide or national elections,
Ooops, read it again. The indictment said local, state-wide and national elections. ALL election operations are local, but the ballots include state and federal as well.

golfgod

Old 03-22-2009, 07:15 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,027,789 times
It didn't affect any elections in 2008, however.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:29 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,588,646 times
I'm glad they were caught - and are being prosecuted...

Election Fraud by either side should be prosecuted whenever uncovered...

A free and fair election process is the cornerstone of our democracy.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:42 PM

So where are all the right-wingers who are so concerned about voter fraud? I don't think the article mentions if any party was involved, althought it is Kentucky, so one can guess. A quick Google search reveals that only liberal blogs are mentioning it.

Why is that righties? Don't you really care about this issue? Or is it only important when it's fabricated "illegal immigrant" voter fraud? Or fabricated ACORN fraud? Or fabricated identification voter fraud?

I'm beginning to think that all the righties around here are hypocrites.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:49 PM

11,393 posts, read 16,781,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
So where are all the right-wingers who are so concerned about voter fraud? I don't think the article mentions if any party was involved, althought it is Kentucky, so one can guess. A quick Google search reveals that only liberal blogs are mentioning it.

Why is that righties? Don't you really care about this issue? Or is it only important when it's fabricated "illegal immigrant" voter fraud? Or fabricated ACORN fraud? Or fabricated identification voter fraud?

I'm beginning to think that all the righties around here are hypocrites.
Voter fraud is wrong no matter what side it is on.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:04 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,863,425 times
Maybe we could get some righties on this thread if the title were changed to (the way FoxNews might do it) Voting officials arrested-ACORN connection?

Then we'd hear (read) some shouting!

golfgod

Old 03-24-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Voter fraud is wrong no matter what side it is on.
This post, on a subject that always gets the right up in arms, has been here for a couple of days, and you're the first to comment (and I had to goad you first).

Why is the right not interested in a real case of voter fraud? Why have you all ignored it completely?

Don't you think it makes your side look a bit opportunistic and hypocritical (to be generous)?

Old 03-24-2009, 05:16 PM

11,393 posts, read 16,781,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
This post, on a subject that always gets the right up in arms, has been here for a couple of days, and you're the first to comment (and I had to goad you first).

Why is the right not interested in a real case of voter fraud? Why have you all ignored it completely?

Don't you think it makes your side look a bit opportunistic and hypocritical (to be generous)?
First, I'm not up in arms.

Second, Looks like no matter what I said, I'm wrong.

Third, I have a life and while I'm here nightly, I don't get a chance to read every thread.

Fourth, since it's Kentucky, you're assuming it's Repubs.

What does that make you???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections