Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 11:18 AM

10 posts, read 15,910 times

Advertisements

I know there are alot of black hispanics in places like. Mexico, brazil, colombia, puerto rico, dominican republic, cuba, panama, and other parts of south and central america. But mccain is from arizona which has a significant hispanic population. Even though its mostly made up of mexicans. You would think mccain would be a little closer in the polls among hispanics. Why is he losing by 30 points in almost every poll. When hillary clinton was beating obama by 2 to 1 in the hispanic community. Everybody was saying he must have a problem with hispanics. And all the white commentators where saying it must be because of a black/brown divide. Which i thought was pretty stupid at the time. Especially when you have alot of the hispanic community. Like dominicans, pureto ricans, and cubans married to blacks. Blacks and puerto ricans have been marrying each other and having relationships in america since the 1950's. Why is mccain losin so bad basically. George bush in 2004 got about 45 % of the hispanic vote. Polls show mccain with a 28 or 29% of the latino vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 01:15 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,633,586 times
It's more McCain's party identification than his own positions. I remember listening to some Spanish-language radio stations a few weeks ago, and they were STILL airing comments from Tom Tancredo and various right-wing radio hosts, then identifying those comments with "the Republicans" - which includes McCain.

McCain should probably look for votes elsewhere, since hispanics as a bloc probably won't swing his way this time around, due to political factors.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:03 PM

351 posts, read 336,483 times
Obama will grant amnesty. McCain as a Republican should not grant amnesty but who knows what he'll do. First question about the poll is are those registered voters or are they illegal folk being polled from the street? Illegal and legal Hispanic's see things from a much different stand point. It cost's legal residents a lot of money to come here and to work here and they don't like illegal’s not paying and they don't like being the victims of illegal's crime.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:04 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,561,719 times
as a hispanic myself it is party politics even though McCain's position on immigration is contrarian to his party. That alone is not enough to court favor with the hispanic voter since he is tied to his party. Most hispanics except for Cubans vote for Dems. Although I won't get into the illegal immigration issue the way it's been treated by the GOP and as mentioned before the likes of Tancredo has turned many hispanics off. Hillary was a known entity among hispanics hence her popularity but once Obama became the presumptive nominee loyalties switched over to him.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:38 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,233 times
Because McCain wont pander to the hispanic vote like Obama will. He wont tell Americans that they MUST speak spanish to be a good American.

He has done some a$$ kissing to a very racist and self centered electorate, but you need to do a lot of a$$ kissing to get the hispanic vote.

Basically, the candidate that gets the hispanic vote is the candidate that vowes to make life as easy for hispanics and illegals as possible. Hopefully this is our last election where candidates pander to the hispanic electorate. I say they need to stop isolating themselves from the rest of the nation like they do.

They speak at a Hispanic Conference?!?! Aren't we all Americans?!?!? What if there was a White Conference? Would that be alright too? How about a Black conference? That wouldn't fly too well either. The hispanic race lives in isolation, and think that America is in debt to all hispanics, and the candidate that recognizes that will get the hispanic vote. Personally, I say John McCain-SCREW THE HISPANIC VOTE!

Old 07-16-2008, 02:48 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Because McCain wont pander to the hispanic vote like Obama will. He wont tell Americans that they MUST speak spanish to be a good American.

He has done some a$$ kissing to a very racist and self centered electorate, but you need to do a lot of a$$ kissing to get the hispanic vote.

Basically, the candidate that gets the hispanic vote is the candidate that vowes to make life as easy for hispanics and illegals as possible. Hopefully this is our last election where candidates pander to the hispanic electorate. I say they need to stop isolating themselves from the rest of the nation like they do.

They speak at a Hispanic Conference?!?! Aren't we all Americans?!?!? What if there was a White Conference? Would that be alright too? How about a Black conference? That wouldn't fly too well either. The hispanic race lives in isolation, and think that America is in debt to all hispanics, and the candidate that recognizes that will get the hispanic vote. Personally, I say John McCain-SCREW THE HISPANIC VOTE!
Have you been following the news lately? McCain telling hispanics one thing about immigration and his base a different thing?

YouTube - McCain vs. McCain on the DREAM ACT

Btw, he did speak before the NAACP, which is considered a mostly black audience. I've noticed you never have anything "nice" to say about minorities.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:51 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogiguy1 View Post
I know there are alot of black hispanics in places like. Mexico, brazil, colombia, puerto rico, dominican republic, cuba, panama, and other parts of south and central america. But mccain is from arizona which has a significant hispanic population. Even though its mostly made up of mexicans. You would think mccain would be a little closer in the polls among hispanics. Why is he losing by 30 points in almost every poll. When hillary clinton was beating obama by 2 to 1 in the hispanic community. Everybody was saying he must have a problem with hispanics. And all the white commentators where saying it must be because of a black/brown divide. Which i thought was pretty stupid at the time. Especially when you have alot of the hispanic community. Like dominicans, pureto ricans, and cubans married to blacks. Blacks and puerto ricans have been marrying each other and having relationships in america since the 1950's. Why is mccain losin so bad basically. George bush in 2004 got about 45 % of the hispanic vote. Polls show mccain with a 28 or 29% of the latino vote.
Three simple word to explain Obama being ahead of McCain: Liberal Media + Kool-Aid.

Minorities vote blindly for Democrats and the media openly tells minorities and weak-willed people to vote for whatever liberal candidate they choose. And Hispanics, for some odd reason, seem to think that "if it's on TV, it must be right/true".

It is a surprise though, because McCain is pro-amnesty for illegals and Obama... well, he's all over the place on Immigration, so it's hard to say what Obama's position is. If Obama is in front of union workers who OPPOSE amnesty, then he is against. In fron of the racist group, La Raza, then he is for amnesty. Who knows!

Old 07-16-2008, 02:53 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Have you been following the news lately? McCain telling hispanics one thing about immigration and his base a different thing?

YouTube - McCain vs. McCain on the DREAM ACT

Btw, he did speak before the NAACP, which is considered a mostly black audience. I've noticed you never have anything "nice" to say about minorities.
I am a minority myself.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:23 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,561,719 times
^ lovely sentiments and go ahead and ignore 40 million hispanic Americans because McCain can't afford it since most likely he will get a miniscule amount of the black vote as well.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:37 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Three simple word to explain Obama being ahead of McCain: Liberal Media + Kool-Aid.

Minorities vote blindly for Democrats and the media openly tells minorities and weak-willed people to vote for whatever liberal candidate they choose.
This is the kind of BS that regularly comes out of Republican mouths that makes intelligent Hispanics vote Democratic.

Despite McCain travelling all around Latin America and pandering to La Raza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections