Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which will liberals eliminate first: the 1st Amendment (free speech/religion) or the 2nd Amendment (
Liberals will eliminate the 1st Amendment first. 5 15.63%
Liberals will eliminate the 2nd Amendment first. 6 18.75%
Liberals will eliminate the 1st and the 2nd Amendments at same time. 10 31.25%
Liberals will only eliminate the 2nd Amendment. 1 3.13%
Liberals will only eliminate the 1st Amendment. 0 0%
Liberals won't eliminate either one. Ever. 9 28.13%
I do not know / not sure. 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 03:04 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,871 times

Advertisements

If you think liberals favor free speech, you are insane and must be committed to a mental institution ASAP.

Between the "Fairness Doctrine" which would end de-facto free speech in America to "hate crimes" legislation to end religious speech to liberal owners of Google blocking anti-Obama blogs.... the future of the 1st Amendment looks as grim as the future of the 2nd Amendment in the hands of liberals like Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein, Barack Obama, and Ted Kennedy.

FOXNews.com - Anti-Obama Bloggers Question Why Google Froze Their Accounts - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 04:14 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
These were those Hillary blogs that were auto-flagged for spam last month, and we already covered it in at least one thread. Your link sez:
Seven blogs run by Democrats who oppose Obama’s nomination for the presidency were incorrectly flagged as spam sites by Blogger, the hosting service Google has owned since 2003. Google says it was an automated response from a spam filter.

"We believe this may have been caused by mass spam e-mails mentioning the ‘Just Say No Deal’ network of [anti-Obama] blogs, which in turn caused our system to classify the blog addresses mentioned in the e-mails as spam," Google wrote, referring to a coalition of disaffected Democrats who oppose Obama's candidacy.
The bloggers all moved over to Wordpress and are still grousing, I suppose when a Fox reporter emailed to check up and get a quote - that's the point of this "article."

With the headline, Fox is trying to make this appear new(ish) news, but it wasnt even news when it was new.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:15 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
If you think liberals favor free speech, you are insane and must be committed to a mental institution ASAP.

Between the "Fairness Doctrine" which would end de-facto free speech in America to "hate crimes" legislation to end religious speech to liberal owners of Google blocking anti-Obama blogs.... the future of the 1st Amendment looks as grim as the future of the 2nd Amendment in the hands of liberals like Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein, Barack Obama, and Ted Kennedy.

FOXNews.com - Anti-Obama Bloggers Question Why Google Froze Their Accounts - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News
What does the "article" have to do with your poll or the claims you make in your post?

Old 07-16-2008, 04:23 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,833,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post

what is a liberal, do you know what it means, liberalism does not mean democrat any more than conservative=republican.

and i believe president bush has tap into american civil liberties than any other. he also silenced ppl.

maybe they closed those accounts because the people were utterly racist? on gretas blogs ppl are the same way, i spent over an hour reciting american history to people in referencewhat they were talking abouit rev wright and they still didnt get it

Old 07-16-2008, 04:24 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,772,227 times
My daughter just came back from Europe and over there the majority of what is shown on tv is Obama in a positive way. not fair and unbalanced!!

The European CNN is even more liberal than CNN over here and it seemed to her that Obama has taken over the whole channel...I wonder how much money he is paying and still many people just don't like him and think he is a joke, but remember it is hard to get a good judgment if they only show Obama's positive side, which is not much so it must be a lot of replay's but the Europeans are used to that during the summer months.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:30 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,414,780 times
They're very dangerous, IMO. However, I think you should have said "redefine" rather than "eliminate" in your poll.

They don't usually eliminate, because that'd be a frontal attack on our rights. They try to do things like banning hand-guns in DC "common sense gun laws."

Old 07-16-2008, 04:51 PM

351 posts, read 336,892 times
Liberals want to put an end to talk radio by using the "Fairness Doctrine". I have pondered why and how can they only apply it to radio and not all forms of media? Liberals if they can't beat they just shut it down...
http://bp2.blogger.com/_Qc6MeLbzGHw/SGTCKyw160I/AAAAAAAADlY/r1Y2Fv4lDNI/s400/Scan0001bvb.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-16-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal512 View Post
Liberals want to put an end to talk radio by using the "Fairness Doctrine". I have pondered why and how can they only apply it to radio and not all forms of media? Liberals if they can't beat they just shut it down...
looks like this belongs to fox.....answer my question what is a liberal lol

Old 07-16-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
My daughter just came back from Europe and over there the majority of what is shown on tv is Obama in a positive way. not fair and unbalanced!!

The European CNN is even more liberal than CNN over here and it seemed to her that Obama has taken over the whole channel...I wonder how much money he is paying and still many people just don't like him and think he is a joke, but remember it is hard to get a good judgment if they only show Obama's positive side, which is not much so it must be a lot of replay's but the Europeans are used to that during the summer months.
europeans liberalism isnt the same as americas

Old 07-16-2008, 05:20 PM

351 posts, read 336,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
looks like this belongs to fox.....answer my question what is a liberal lol
"Classical liberals tend to be skeptical of positive rights, and believe such rights must be limited exclusively to those that promote freedom. Modern liberals believe wholeheartedly in a growing list of positive rights, and believe that it is the responsibility of government to promote social and economic equality, which they often view as an extension of freedom.
Whatever the terms employed, the classical liberal is rarely referred to as a liberal today, but as a conservative, libertarian, or perhaps most correctly, a centrist. In truth, classical liberalism is something of an unattainable ideal, representing the perfect balance between freedom and equality; as such, those in pursuit of this paradox stand at a fork in the road, and must ultimately pick the path of freedom or the path of equality. The definition of liberal, then, as it pertains to the politics of our age, is a definition of the modern liberal." Thomas Jefferson was a Classical Liberal.
Modern Liberalism
The definition of liberal can be divided into 6 key principles:
  1. Belief in positive law
  2. Faith in utopianism
  3. Preference for equality over liberty
  4. Belief in the benevolence of government and individuals
  5. Belief in the perfectibility of human beings
  6. Belief in the communal state
Generally, the differences between modern conservatives and liberals may be summarized as follows:

Conservative .............................................Modern Liberal
  1. Natural law .......................................1. Positive Law
  2. Established institutions .....................2. Utopianism
  3. Liberty over equality .........................3. Equality over liberty
  4. Suspicion of power ............................4. Benevolent government
  5. Exceptionalism .................................5. Human Perfectibility
  6. Individualism ....................................6. Communal state

Last edited by hal512; 07-16-2008 at 05:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections