Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:29 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,617,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
I thought the man behind the surge was "W" and the men and women of our armed forces.

Yes, your right, gold ole W and his men and women. No libs would ever admit that W was right.

McCain was the one pushing us to try it and gets credit for being right that it would work.

Yes, liberals are the quiet fear mongers. Just look at them now.

Come on pretend you care about the troops, heck look at your party, they want to give men who shot and killed our troops rights as Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 10:33 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,815,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Yes, your right, gold ole W and his men and women. No libs would ever admit that W was right.

McCain was the one pushing us to try it and gets credit for being right that it would work.

Come on pretend you care about the troops, heck look at your party, they want to give men who shot and killed our troops rights as Americans.
W was right? After 4000+ dead and trillions of dollars spent the war is finally starting to work? Whoop dee doo.

"they want to give men who shot and killed our troops rights as Americans." -- huh?

Old 07-31-2008, 10:35 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,943,650 times
Quote:

As in me personally or as in you, the "kooky liberals" that you are referring to. I think personally think all of our choices have sucked for years now in regards to a POTUS. I also think that is because people are so blinded by parties and being liberal/conservative that instead of looking at what is best for our country they look at what is not the worst. It's a shame.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:00 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
washingtonpost.com

This is how well it's worked. AQI got their butts kicked.

Heading back to Afghanistan/Pakistan......where the same thing will happen.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:01 AM

571 posts, read 853,507 times
Heres my view on the war. (This might not be the most moral thing but coutnries dont survive on morals) I think Sadamn is a terible man and is on the top 10 of most killers in the human history. His family should have been killed a long time ago, and i agreed with the war in the beging, even when bush lied to us about. However we are in a econmic crisis and this war is hurting us serverly. And the fact that is becoming harder and harder to advoid is that this war is hurting this country. Not a little but alot. The Trillions of dollars that brought are value of the down hurts all types of business in america. So were in a difficult sitiuation now. After all the effort in Iraq let it go to waste and civil war that is likly to come once we leave be brought into iraq the moment we leave. Or letting this country pay a dear price econmicly. My top issue is always going to be the econmey because thats how you judge a countrys strength. We are not the top super power in the world anymore and largly because of this war. Its time to end it and let America come back on top. When we have econmic success and become once again the greatest country in the world, i would agree with a war to stable a counties goverment. But its not the time and we cannot afford this war.

Thats my opion you can disagree i dont realy care McCain is not going to win
(knock on wood)

Old 07-31-2008, 01:33 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,448,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
...where's the Mission Accomplished banner!!
Well, let's see...

<rummage, rummage...>

Here's an old one. But it's only been used once.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
The liberal loons of the world are worried, now resorting to fear mongering.

Wake up and stop pretending you care about our troops, we all know you dont.

We have been successful in Iraq and you cannot stand it.

And who was the man behind the surge, JOHN MCCAIN !!

I like you!

You're funny.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:15 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,607,825 times
Thumbs up If you like History...

Sun TZU - Waging War

2. When you engage in actual fighting, if victory
is long in coming, then men's weapons will grow dull and
their ardor will be damped. If you lay siege to a town,
you will exhaust your strength.

3. Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources
of the State will not be equal to the strain.

6. There is no instance of a country having benefited
from prolonged warfare.

10. Poverty of the State exchequer causes an army
to be maintained by contributions from a distance.
Contributing to maintain an army at a distance causes
the people to be impoverished.

11. On the other hand, the proximity of an army causes
prices to go up; and high prices cause the people's
substance to be drained away.

12. When their substance is drained away, the peasantry
will be afflicted by heavy exactions.

13,14. With this loss of substance and exhaustion
of strength, the homes of the people will be stripped bare,
and three-tenths of their income will be dissipated;
while government expenses for broken chariots, worn-out horses,
breast-plates and helmets, bows and arrows, spears and shields,
protective mantles, draught-oxen and heavy wagons,
will amount to four-tenths of its total revenue.

3000 Years and here we are today

Old 08-01-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
washingtonpost.com

This is how well it's worked. AQI got their butts kicked.

Heading back to Afghanistan/Pakistan......where the same thing will happen.

We had Afghanistan pretty well under control 6 years ago. It looked like it had settled down and the country was getting back on its feet.

Too bad Bush/Cheney blew it and now it's on the verge of chaos again.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:30 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,607,825 times
Quote:

You've never read the Constitution, have you? Did you know you can read it online at National Archives and Records Administration
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections