Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2008, 11:10 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,625 times

Advertisements

OUTRAGE: While THE PEOPLE gets hosed at pump, Democratic elite enjoying tax-free gas at DNC!!!!

The Rocky Mountain News, a newspaper owned by the VERY LIBERAL Denver Post reports that the committee hosting the Democratic National Convention this August in Denver has been taking advantage of tax-free gas through the city of Denver for the past four months!!!!

The newspaper reports that, once the practice was made public, an aide to Mayor John Hickenlooper, a Democrat, issued a statement Tuesday saying that members of the committee would pay full market price for gasoline, including the 40 cents a gallon in state and federal taxes.

Is this fair or just another example of Liberal elitism and favoritism to the upper class???

Hickenlooper is a moron, no doubt about that. But how do YOU feel that YOU pay an average of $.50 MORE a gallon for your gas while the DNC elite gets to enjoy tax-free gas???? The DNC crew driving around in huge SUVs and limousines, flying back and forth in private jets.... it's a wonderful world for the DNC elite... No gas tax for them.... Lots of free money!

So much for Obama opposing the gas-tax holiday!! His folks are ALREADY not paying the gas tax!!!! GRRRR!!!

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...-pass-gas-tax/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 02:06 AM

881 posts, read 1,589,625 times
Someone needs to send Howard Dean this video:

WARNING: THIS VIDEO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR ANYONE UNDER 18 OR PEOPLE WHO ARE EASILY OFFENDED!

ACN :: Gas Prices Gone Wild! --> WARNING: THIS VIDEO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR ANYONE UNDER 18 OR PEOPLE WHO ARE EASILY OFFENDED!

Now we need an "Obama 4 Higher Gas Prices" bumper sticker! That will be the sensation of 2008!

Old 07-24-2008, 04:11 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
That is outrageous. Listen to their paid excuse-weasel:
"We're a nonpartisan, nonprofit committee, but certainly, if the city feels that taxes are applicable, we will pay those, too," said Chris Lopez, spokesman for the host committee. "So we would pay all applicable taxes on any of the fuel."

The host committee, which is responsible for raising money to put on the convention, is using the city's pumps "for safety and security reasons," Lopez said.

"We know the gas is not tainted," he said. "We use it as a safety and security measure."
What a liar! Hope he sleeps well at night (= is run out of town).

Last edited by delusianne; 07-24-2008 at 04:57 AM..

Old 07-24-2008, 04:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,593 times
Default Property to Sale

I understand that Park Heights will be redevelop. Our church have property in the 4300 block of Park Heights (2 lot). We're searching for buyer. If you can assist us we will most graceful. I can be reach:
[EMAIL="rbgrimes1@verzion.net"]rbgrimes1@verzion.net[/EMAIL]
[EMAIL="richard.grimes@ssa.gov"]richard.grimes@ssa.gov[/EMAIL]

Thanks

Old 07-24-2008, 05:46 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
>"So we would pay all applicable taxes on any of the fuel."<

LOL

It is a payoff of course. I dunno about others but I NEVER want EITHER convention within 100 miles of where I live. There are enough headaches in life.

You get various protesters, from slightly tilted to anarchist freaks to losers with nothing to do but whine.
Closed streets
Even worse traffic

Old 07-24-2008, 05:48 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
>"So we would pay all applicable taxes on any of the fuel."<

LOL

It is a payoff of course. I dunno about others but I NEVER want EITHER convention within 100 miles of where I live. There are enough headaches in life.

You get various protesters, from slightly tilted to anarchist freaks to losers with nothing to do but whine.
Closed streets
Even worse traffic
Plus, someone is paying to corral unsightly homeless people and bus them out to the zoo for the duration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections