Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 03:07 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,861,363 times

Advertisements

clinton pulled the same stunt. it's politics. got to play to the audience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 06:14 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,548,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Could somebody pls explain what type of accent Mr. Obama has? Depending on the venue, his accent goes real southern/black sometimes. If I hear him say "Libertah" instead of liberty (which he does when just speaking in regular conversation-I heard him) I will hurl.

Anyone else notice or care to explain how he got this accent? Didn't he grow up in Hawaii, Indonesia then move on to LA, NYC, Chic? So where does he get the rural southern black deal? Same place Hill got hers...."Ah've come tooo fahrrrr"... God, both are phoney balonies.

Oh, sometimes he sounds like Cartman on SouthPark when the southern/black thing gets confused. You know "respect my authori-teh"?
I'm a Black man, about Obama's age; born and raised in California and Colorado; well educated. And I speak with the same "accent".

Old 07-25-2008, 09:59 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,950,362 times
Obama has in different parts of the country and world. Your accent and colloquialisms tend to get kind of mishmashed and indescribable after a while when you've lived in varies locales. I spent formative years in N.J. and always said "you guys". Then moved to Florida and finally, picked up "y'all", but sometimes, if I'm drunk or tired, my Pittsburgh roots emerge and I say "You'ns". It's not affected, but I tend to change my speech patterns depending on who I'm talking to.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:27 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,648,278 times
WonderBoy is a chameleon and a very fine actor. That is why he is so good in front of a large audience with a prepared speech, and crumbles when he has to ad lib. Ever notice how stupid famous actors appear when they have to speak impromptu? Let's try to find him a role in Hollywood instead of allowing him to ruin the country.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:43 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Who gives a ****???? Ever listen to Bush speak?
Ya, he doesn't have an accent, he has an alcoholic ssschhllur.....

I know an accent is not a real issue...but the poor repubs...grasping for anything they can....as the ship sinks...

Old 07-26-2008, 07:47 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,096,354 times
I've not noticed much in the way of a distinct accent with McCain or Obama, not when compared to Bush or Clinton at very least. Not that I really care all that much about what accent a candidate has, I just care that he or she is the right person for the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections