Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 10:51 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,293,855 times

Advertisements

Hell no. She loves to blast George Bush on TV and then sneaks right into bed with him and votes to uphold his fascist policies every chance she gets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 11:10 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,575,206 times
Horrible choice. Obama is going to get a huge push from Republicans that are disenfranchised with the party after 8 years of Bush. Choosing Pelosi would eliminate that push.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:42 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,616,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Horrible choice. Obama is going to get a huge push from Republicans that are disenfranchised with the party after 8 years of Bush. Choosing Pelosi would eliminate that push.
Yes, I tend to agree. The GOP expects considerable cross-over voting of Republicans for Obama [that's why they were hoping Hillary would have won the primaries].

Nancy is a reliable liberal from California but some see that as a liability. I guess it would be like if McCain chose Karl Rove to be his VP & even some Republicans would not vote in that case.

I do think a woman would be a great VP choice for Obama but I'm not entirely sure who.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:07 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,590,026 times
Moonbats, gotta love em.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:52 AM

24,512 posts, read 33,334,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
What's wrong with Pelosi being from San Francisco? Nancy has represented SF for decades w/ no competition. In-fact, both senators from California come from San Francisco & have been in DC forever [so wish Feinstein would retire; she’s way too conservative\ corporate-oriented.
Yeah, some "conservative." Back in the '90s, she paroled 21 convicted murderers.

Quote:
Barbara Boxer would be another good choice for VP [attractive\ articulate\ advocate for the people

- Another "gem." Barbara "Bouncer": (During the early 1990s)
- Bounced 143 checks (hence her nickname)
- Gave herself a 40% pay raise to $129,000 in a recession, plus a $1.5 million pension, then attended only 1/3rd of the meetings
- Attendance was the 4th worst in Congress back in the early '90s
- Once proposed a 70% tax increase on Social Security benefits
- Voted against life sentences for dealing drugs to children
- Was voted the #1 spender by the National Taxpayers Union

Old 07-27-2008, 01:56 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,343,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Hell no. She loves to blast George Bush on TV and then sneaks right into bed with him and votes to uphold his fascist policies every chance she gets.

I agree as Pelosi is Dick cheney with hair at least Cheney makes no bones about his ideology she however will say one thing give loooooooong winded speeches and than turn around and vote with Bush .

Lots of Reps have left the party he would lose everyone if he took Pelosi . She is a hypocrite .

Old 07-27-2008, 01:58 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,343,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Yes, I tend to agree. The GOP expects considerable cross-over voting of Republicans for Obama [that's why they were hoping Hillary would have won the primaries].

Nancy is a reliable liberal from California but some see that as a liability. I guess it would be like if McCain chose Karl Rove to be his VP & even some Republicans would not vote in that case.

I do think a woman would be a great VP choice for Obama but I'm not entirely sure who.

Nancy isnt reliable nor a liberal she is a sail boat she will go with the wind she has NO conviction.
Be it immunity to illegal wire tapping vote or everything and anything Bush wanted to continue Iraq after she swore to curtail it.
Has refused to even look at the lies that took us into Iraq
List goes on Pelosi is a typical Pro politician who will sell out her mother .

I agree a woman would only help Obama and Mccain for that matter . LOTS of great ones but not Pelosi . Obama represents atleast a shot at some change . Pelosi is part of the Old sell out Guard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections