Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:48 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,462,675 times

Advertisements

“I have received more emails than I can count from people around the world who write to say that they wish they could be American citizens in order to have the privilege of voting for ________

FILL IN THE BLANKS

We want to be a bridge between Belgium and the ----- campaign. Mainly to inform Belgium about ------ —we think Belgium has more to learn from ----- than ------ from Belgium—but also to show to ------ that when he becomes president and visits Belgium, there well be cheering crowds, not demonstrations!

He is a principled libertarian/classical liberal by political and economic philosophy. That is enough for him to have many new friends in India and Pakistan — both enormously large countries which are sorely in need of libertarian/classical liberal political and economic philosophy to develop themselves. Moreover, ------ advocates a non-interventionist American foreign policy in the world, and he was a principled opponent of the Iraq war from long before it started. That too is something that people in India and Pakistan appreciate. […]

Click below to see if you were right about which candidate they are talking about and read more comments.

Ron Paul earns the world’s attention » The Truth @ The Spin Factor (http://thespinfactor.com/thetruth/2007/08/20/ron-paul-earns-the-worlds-attention/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 12:56 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,815,466 times
Wow cool website. Hopefully his Campaign for Liberty will cause some real changes.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
Wow cool website. Hopefully his Campaign for Liberty will cause some real changes.
Yes I hope so. Both McCain and Obama are terribly uninspiring and don't seem up to the challenge of straightening out this country's problems ---which get worse and worse by the week it seems!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:56 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,643,191 times
Love it! I guess that Europe and Latin America isn't 100% behind the Messiah after all

Old 07-30-2008, 08:58 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
I just wish more people would sign up on his site, and actually pay attention to what he has to say.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:01 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,722 times
Bwahaha. The spin factor, eh. Not to be confused with the "no spin zone."

Ron Paul is all sizzle but no steak. I thought he would do a little bit better in the Republican nominations, but wow was he a nonfactor.

Granted Fox News screwed him over with their bag of tricks, but apart from that he was just an awful candidate.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:12 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,643,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post

Ron Paul is all sizzle but no steak. I thought he would do a little bit better in the Republican nominations, but wow was he a nonfactor.

Granted Fox News screwed him over with their bag of tricks, but apart from that he was just an awful candidate.
He was an awful candidate because he isn't a media darling. He is not good looking, photogenic --- basically he is not a good actor. Plus, he doesn't kiss the partys azz and doesn't lie through his own.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:42 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Then why did he run as a republican in his congressional race. Because he wanted teh parties support and was wiling to kiss it to get there. Mst Texans in fact had never even heard of him before he annunced because he has always been a obsure congressman that has never done much really.His politics is right from the George Wallace book.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I just wish more people would sign up on his site, and actually pay attention to what he has to say.
I've signed up on a number of sites. I tried to join the Meet-up Group here in Charleston, SC after the primary but they seemed to have shut down their office and did not return my call. It was kind of odd. But I sent in my donation to his regular campaign and plan to send in more and also to the DVDs4delegates people. I think sending the DVDs out to delegates and having a convention in St Paul the same time the Republican convention is.

I saw on YouTube that Bush might try to stop the elections in November. Do you think he'd do that? All the executive orders and all the bail outs and things that he's done behind our backs is pretty scary.

I think it is COOL that people in other countries feel the way they do about Ron Paul. I just hope we can make this happen and send HIM to office. What a MESSAGE it would send to the MEDIA! Kind of like "Who needs the media when people can get the truth other ways?" and all their cover-ups and pretending Ron Paul was not a viable candidate didn't accomplish what they wanted so that maybe from now on they should
just report the news and not try to ignore it since the people will find out about it anyway one way or another -- at least until 2012 when they try to destroy the internet and turn it into a cable service -- which will be our NEXT project we'll have to stop -- AFTER Ron Paul is elected President! How's THAT for a run-on sentence? LOL!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post

I think you may be in the minority with that viewpoint. In fact the people of the world like Ron Paul and probably know more about him than a lot of people in this forum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections