Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 08:55 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

You won't know the real Barack Obama unless you read this book

No major candidate for President of the United States ever received less critical examination than Barack Obama. In The Case Against Barack Obama, David Freddoso convincingly demonstrates that despite the hype, Barack Obama doesn't represent "change" in American politics at all. In reality, he is a shameless product of Chicago's corrupt political Machine -- and a far-left liberal in the mold of Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Al Gore, Mike Dukakis, and Walter Mondale -- but with charm and political savvy that rival those of Bill Clinton.

Freddoso digs up shocking new revelations about Obama's career -- showing how he has cooperated with Chicago's Democratic Machine to preserve one of the most clearly corrupt political systems in the nation. Freddoso also dissects the cynical political calculations behind Obama's long friendships with the likes of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright and unrepentant '60s bomber Bill Ayers. Freddoso also reveals the complex web of favors and payback behind Obama's association with corrupt developer (and convicted felon) Tony Rezko.

Above all, Freddoso clearly shows that as a policy maker, Obama has very bad ideas that would hurt America -- and that if he is elected President, America will be a very different place from the one we know now: both militarily and economically weak, and under the thumb of a Supreme Court full of young judges enthralled by the notion of a "living, breathing Constitution" that says whatever they want it to say.

The reality behind the rhetoric, the plans behind the promises, and the faults behind the façade

In The Case against Barack Obama you'll learn:

How Obama won his first election (to the Illinois State Senate) by having his lawyers knock all his opponents --including the black, female incumbent -- off the ballot on technicalities, so he could run unopposed

How Obama voted to deny medical care to babies born alive after abortion -- a bill too extreme even for Nancy Pelosi (Freddoso has an exclusive interview with the nurse central to the case)

A story Obama would like to stay buried in Chicago: How he used his clout as a U.S. Senator to save the corrupt Cook County Political Machine when reformers of both parties tried to challenge the entrenched political bosses

How Obama's wife Michele's salary nearly tripled in 2005 -- the same year he was sworn in to the U.S. Senate and began earmarking funds for her employer

How Obama's friendship with the hate-spewing Reverend Jeremiah Wright was no accident -- but a carefully thought out personal and political decision

Why Obama thought his association with '60s-era terror-bomber Bill Ayers wouldn't matter -- an exposé of the insular radical chic of Chicago's Hyde Park politics

How state Senator Obama was paid more than $100,000 for legal work -- then helped his client's company get $320,000 in taxpayer grants

How, at a time when he says he was short of work and short of cash, Obama obtained $112,000, plus campaign contributions, from someone he later made into a government grantee through his public office

Inside Obama's 17-year relationship and irregular land deal with developer Tony Rezko, whose livelihood depended on sapping the taxpayer for subsidies

"I've never done any favors for him," says Obama about Rezko. But he has -- lots of them, as Freddoso shows

Why Rezko's conviction for corrupting public officials might become the Whitewater scandal of Obama's campaign

How Obama speaks of the days when his family was making $240,000 per year as if he had been suffering poverty -- while, just last March, he voted to raise your taxes if you make over $32,500 per year

The Chicago Machine politician who "made a U.S. senator" out of Obama by giving him plum committee assignments and high-profile legislation in its late stages (often removing the original sponsors), and helping him spread money around through earmarks and "targeted" grants

How Obama avoided taking unpopular stands in the state Senate by voting "present" about 130 times -- or simply by absenting himself from tough votes altogether

Obama's little-known vow to Planned Parenthood in July 2007 -- and why it would mean the end of every state, federal, and local regulation of abortion, and the end of all restrictions on government abortion funding

A "new politics"? How, in less than four years as a U.S. senator, Obama has voted for some of the worst special-interest legislation to move through the chamber

How Obama opposes school choice through vouchers or tax credits -- while sending his own children to an elite private school

How Obama wants -- and has voted -- to abolish secret-ballot elections in the workplace when employees determine whether to unionize, allowing unions to intimidate and harass workers who don't support them

Why Obama's foreign policy would take its cues from Jimmy Carter's

"Post-partisan"? Why the respected National Journal named Obama the most liberal member of the United States Senate in 2007 -- beating out Barbara Boxer, Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clinton... and the previous title-holder John Kerry

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...kstorenow99-20

Just read and decide if this is the candidate yo want to vote for.

I don't have to read it, I have heard enough already that convinced me he lacks judgment, and experience and is bad for this nation....

Last edited by NewToCA; 08-04-2008 at 01:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 09:01 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I don't have to read it, I have heard enough already that convinced me he lacks judgment, and experience and is bad for this nation....
So you haven't even read this manifesto that you say we have to read to know the true Obama? Riiighhht.

You realize you have to subscribe to a pay service to get this "book"?

Old 08-04-2008, 09:06 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
That headline, all that description, and then this?:

Quote:
Whose opinions are you slinging? If you haven't read the book, they can't be your own...

Old 08-04-2008, 09:12 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
That headline, all that description, and then this?:

Whose opinions are you slinging? If you haven't read the book, they can't be your own...
No I haven't read it but I read other books and I already know enough to make a good desicion...maybe others who aren't sure who to vote for might read this book and decide for them self. Just to let people know about another book about Obama.....it seems there is so much wrong with him that many people write books since there is so much material which shows him as he is.
By the way tonight the will discuss this book on tv Fox News so people can watch and listen without spending money. Just another option.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:19 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
No I haven't read it but I read other books and I already know enough to make a good desicion...maybe others who aren't sure who to vote for might read this book and decide for them self. Just to let people know about another book about Obama.....it seems there is so much wrong with him that many people write books since there is so much material which shows him as he is.
By the way tonight the will discuss this book on tv Fox News so people can watch and listen without spending money. Just another option.
Look. We get it. You hate Obama and think he'll make a lousy president. Noted. But you're filling a post with opinions that are clearly not your own. Are you comfortable with that? Are you on someone's payroll, or are you parroting something you know nothing about for free? If I were you, I'd hold out for a check....

Old 08-04-2008, 09:23 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
So you haven't read it, but you endorse the books views?

wow

Last edited by walidm; 08-04-2008 at 09:49 AM..

Old 08-04-2008, 09:24 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Again, how do you know he is right IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK? Do you just believe whatever is spoonfed to you? Do you form your own opinions?

Old 08-04-2008, 09:44 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,538,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Do you just believe whatever is spoonfed to you? Do you form your own opinions?
Are you talking to Obama supporters or the OP?

Old 08-04-2008, 09:50 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
"Jerome Corsi co-wrote Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry.

We all know that book, but we may not know its author. He has a Harvard degree and ran for president for the Constitution Party. So you might wonder why such a pedigreed guy isnt a little better known in the mainstream after all this time - Kerry was 2004.

Here's some info on Corsi. This is from MediaMatters, They found out J Corsi''s userid on freerepublic and linked to the page of all his posts there. This below is from the page that links there, with bulleted "highlights" from the posts. At the bottom is the freerepublic link.
While much has been written about the identity and history of John E. O'Neill -- one of the authors of the forthcoming Regnery book Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry (whose links in the GOP go back to his days as "protégé of Nixon-era dirty trickster Charles Colson") -- little has been said about his co-author, Jerome R. Corsi, PhD.
  • Corsi on Islam: "a worthless, dangerous Satanic religion"
  • Corsi on Catholicism: "Boy buggering in both Islam and Catholicism is okay with the Pope as long as it isn't reported by the liberal press"
  • Corsi on Muslims: "*******S are Boy-Bumpers as clearly as they are Women-Haters -- it all goes together"
  • Corsi on "John F*ing Commie Kerry": "After he married TerRAHsa, didn't John Kerry begin practicing Judiasm? He also has paternal grandparents that were Jewish. What religion is John Kerry?"
  • Corsi on Senator "FAT HOG" Clinton: "Anybody ask why HELLary couldn't keep BJ Bill satisfied? Not lesbo or anything, is she?"
Media Matters - MMFA investigates: Who is Jerome Corsi, co-author of Swift Boat Vets attack book?
Posts by jrlc

Further...Media Matters has seen the first chapter of Obama Nation and points out that its very first speculation is based on a deliberate misread of Obama's book in which he talks about getting high in college. Obama Nation though (1) Obama says in his book that he quit all that when he lived with the slacker roommate, and (2) no one, in Chicago or Washington, has ever come forward with pictures, claims, or even hints that he's ever gotten high since then. So - very first section, already grasping at straws, and old-news straws at that.

Sounds like we can believe everything this guy says! Why isnt Random House all over him? Why isnt he a Fox News talking head?

(I know some of you are thinking, "My kind of guy!" )"

Old 08-04-2008, 09:52 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
"Simon & Schuster's promotional materials for Jerome Corsi's book, The Obama Nation, echo Corsi's false claims and baseless charges about Sen. Barack Obama's Global Poverty Act and his views on nuclear weapons.

Promotional materials by Simon & Schuster for author Jerome Corsi's recently released book, The Obama Nation: Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality, echo Corsi's false claim that Sen. Barack Obama's Global Poverty Act of 2007 'would commit the U.S. to spending 0.7 percent of Gross Domestic Product on foreign aid.' Simon & Schuster's materials falsely assert that Obama has a 'radical plan to tax Americans to fund a global-poverty-reduction program.'"

Media Matters - Publisher's promotional materials for Corsi's Obama Nation echo falsehood and baseless charge in book
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections