Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 03:06 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,008,891 times

Advertisements

Barack Obama | Change We Can Believe In |

Quote:
Statement from Barack Obama on the Grave Situation in Georgia
Chicago, IL | August 08, 2008
Chicago, IL -- "I strongly condemn the outbreak of violence in Georgia, and urge an immediate end to armed conflict. Now is the time for Georgia and Russia to show restraint, and to avoid an escalation to full scale war. Georgia's territorial integrity must be respected. All sides should enter into direct talks on behalf of stability in Georgia, and the United States, the United Nations Security Council, and the international community should fully support a peaceful resolution to this crisis."
So..here is The One's INITIAL statement. Nothing like putting the onus of guilt on the victim? RUSSIA INVADED Georgia, you clueless moron.

His second statement;

Quote:
"I condemn Russia's aggressive actions and reiterate my call for an immediate ceasefire... Russia must stop its bombing campaign, cease flights of Russian aircraft in Georgian airspace, and withdraw its ground forces from Georgia."
Finally able to summon the courage and the B**ls to pick a side, barky? His latest scrambling to come up with a sufficiently hawkish statement is proof he knows the first was lambish at best.

When the Obama campaign decided to attack McCain for having an advisor that once did work for OUR ALLY AND FRIEND, Georgia, McCain let go with THIS zinger.

Quote:
“When you heard me mention to Governor Richardson the Obama campaign attack against Senator McCain when it comes to the Russia/Georgia crisis, I want to now read you comments from the McCain campaign against Senator Obama: ‘The Obama campaign has offered nothing more than cheap and petty political attacks that are echoed only by the Kremlin. The reaction of the Obama campaign to this crisis, though at odds with our democratic allies and yet so bizarrely in sync with Moscow, doesn’t really raise questions about Senator Obama’s judgment; it answers them.’
Can we all agree that barky is an incompetent boob who has NO business even running for the highest office in the land?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 03:08 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,770,407 times
Fart!

Old 08-10-2008, 03:15 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,499,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Can we all agree that barky is an incompetent boob who has NO business even running for the highest office in the land?
Not so much?

And if you're trying to paint this conflict as a black and white thing (with Russians as the belligerents) perhaps a knowledge of the region and the issues beyond 2008 would benefit you.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:36 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,757,687 times
Quote:
Barack Obama | Change We Can Believe In |

So..here is The One's INITIAL statement. Nothing like putting the onus of guilt on the victim? RUSSIA INVADED Georgia, you clueless moron.

His second statement;

Finally able to summon the courage and the B**ls to pick a side, barky? His latest scrambling to come up with a sufficiently hawkish statement is proof he knows the first was lambish at best.

When the Obama campaign decided to attack McCain for having an advisor that once did work for OUR ALLY AND FRIEND, Georgia, McCain let go with THIS zinger.

Apparently, you are the clueless one!

Quote:
But Georgia appears to have sparked the conflict by marching on the South Ossetian capital as Russia’s powerful Prime Minister Vladimir Putin headed to Beijing for the Olympic Games. Russia, in turn, welcomed the conflict, launching a large-scale attack on its smaller neighbor and sending tanks across its border.

Both American candidates back Georgia’s sovereignty and its turn toward the West. But their first statements on the crisis revealed differences of substance and style.

Obama’s statement put him in line with the White House, the European Union, NATO and a series of European powers, while McCain’s initial statement — which he delivered in Iowa and ran on a blog on his Web site under the title “McCain Statement on Russian Invasion of Georgia” — put him more closely in line with the moral clarity and American exceptionalism projected by President Bush’s first term.

‘Invasion of Georgia’ a ‘3 a.m. moment’ - Politico.com Print View

Get your facts straight !

Old 08-10-2008, 04:42 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,582,938 times
sanrene doesn't need facts because his near obsession with hating Obama will suffice for him.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:46 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,757,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
sanrene doesn't need facts because his near obsession with hating Obama will suffice for him.
No wonder she supports McCain.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:59 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,833,791 times
Quote:
I don't know. . . . how'd he look making the statement? Did he offer hope? Promise for change? Real change. Real change that we can really hope to believe in?

I go to the gas station now and fill my tires and just check my gas -- no waiting in line and it's much cheaper. I'm thinking the guy's a genius!

Old 08-10-2008, 05:06 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,499,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I don't even think sanrene is a McCain so much as obsessed with hatred of Barack Obama.

It's almost scary.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:16 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,179,450 times
So they both want to tell the world what to do. You're arguing technicalities of a policy they both agree with. We need to be debating foreign policy, not who said what when.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:08 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,243,392 times
Quote:

No disagreement from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections