Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2008, 03:28 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times

Advertisements

He has the stage to himself and should be able to get the media flow he wants. How is he doing in your perspective. I suspect the thoughts will follow the usual sides of pro McCain or pro Obama but what are folks thinking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 03:30 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
I think it would be a mistake for him not to take a break also.

He isn't going to have the energy BO will. It's going to be a rough time between now and elections of relentless scrutiny and replying.

I don't really think there is an opportunity to seize so to speak.

It could back fire with people being angry with congress for their vacation but I am not sure how it will play out.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:32 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Oh come on Tuborg; Your attempt to set this up by starting a thread a few days ago "claiming" that McCain will pull ahead in the polls was extremely transparent - at least to me.

Actually, with the left wailing and gnashing their teeth about the "convenient little war" started for the benefit of republicans - I'd say it's been ok. A chance for McCain to show his experience and obambi to......follow the real leader.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:37 PM

509 posts, read 691,692 times
McCain has lost ground in the national polls 1 or 2 points.

I think McCain's again has done Obama a favor by pointing the Obama media overload. Obama needs a break & we all need a break. There is not enough real news to keep the cycle going so they have to fill it with replay or garbage.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:56 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh come on Tuborg; Your attempt to set this up by starting a thread a few days ago "claiming" that McCain will pull ahead in the polls was extremely transparent - at least to me.

Actually, with the left wailing and gnashing their teeth about the "convenient little war" started for the benefit of republicans - I'd say it's been ok. A chance for McCain to show his experience and obambi to......follow the real leader.
Fifty percent right my friend. The vacation post was either a throw away or a give away depending on the polls. Now the question becomes what is the difference between the two. It was as in your heart what you think it was. Now did that sound Bushish? However this thread is a legit effort to see what folks thing about the week. I never expected the Georgia situation to occur and I don't think Bush is having a good week but it would appear that this week is so far a wash for the candidates. It depends on a few things and I have a few thoughts but not here and now as this is really an attempt at objectivity this time.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Well, kind of silly. You should keep your day job.

Of course I know what I think it was.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:05 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,616,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this post. And they think I am trolling, this is flat our trolling at its best.

Besides Obama is not on vacation anyways, he is training for the Olympic games for his native country.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:09 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
He has the stage to himself and should be able to get the media flow he wants. How is he doing in your perspective. I suspect the thoughts will follow the usual sides of pro McCain or pro Obama but what are folks thinking?

The usual thoughts here since I support Obama.

Well, way back when, Obama and Hillary were fighting it out and McCain made absolutely no headway in distinguishing himself from either candidate. He continues along the same vein, a pathetic man representing a party that has been this country's problem for the last 8 years.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:21 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,244 times
He is just pacing himself for the final "surge". Just waiiiiiit. You will all be very impressed when he finally unveils his Master Plan.

I do hope he will attempt at least one positive commercial telling us something about his plans instead of the same old smear commercials with a little McCain smiley face at the end. Is that asking for too much?

Old 08-13-2008, 10:50 PM

756 posts, read 1,883,099 times
Default Citizen McCain 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
The usual thoughts here since I support Obama.

Well, way back when, Obama and Hillary were fighting it out and McCain made absolutely no headway in distinguishing himself from either candidate. He continues along the same vein, a pathetic man representing a party that has been this country's problem for the last 8 years.
Well said! And the Republicans said it was all over and crowned their celebrity Messiah McCain after a few primaries. The Republican party and its candidates never cared about giving people a real choice to pick the party's nominee. This is why they are stuck with John "Keating 5" McCain; corrupt, incompetent, hot tempered and unfit to be commander in chief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections