Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 01:56 PM

29,920 posts, read 39,576,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
The book is pretty effective though. It puts a lot of stuff out there, and Corsi isn't going for a prize in investigative analysis.

The Post very accurately summarized the problem this book creates for Obama and his supporters:

The Obama campaign faces a classic dilemma. If smear attacks are left unanswered, voters can get the impression that the lies are true. But there's no way to respond without giving the falsehoods wider circulation.

I remember a certain movie from 2004 that came out right about the same time.... It of course was to try and persuade the elections. I'd give you a rep point but I can't
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
But the republicans will give the falsehoods wider circulation anyway.

The Obama campaign should make a loud noise about the whole thing ...expose the lies, live with the truth.

Taking the "high road" didn't do it for Kerry.

Democrats should start with their own smear machine...loud loud loud...say anything,,,.learn from the repubs...lie, lie, lie ...the lie comes first and is still believed long after the proof is out there.

And in the case of McCain the truth is ugly enough.....

One problem....The more Obama exposes the truth's the more America will get to see the most "liberal democrat"

There are dem's and repub's but few and far between would consider themselves or be consider the most of either side.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
The sad thing is people who listen to smears get exactly what they deserve. They choose a president who thinks it's ok to start a war by lying about weapons of mass destruction.

If a candidate has to resort to lies to win an election, the lying doesn't stop when the campaign is over.

It's a good thing the righteous left would never resort to anything like that...

I remember seeing a video of JM supposedly "unfit for CIC"

It was a gathering of many quotes of his and edited to make him look like he is to old to understand reality. This came out long before this book and many on here have used it time and time again.

"Do as I say not as I do"

Old 08-15-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Dont you find it sad that a thing like this is "effective"?

See Fahrenheit 9/11 by Michael Moore....were you outraged then?

Old 08-15-2008, 02:15 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,145,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
See Fahrenheit 9/11 by Michael Moore....were you outraged then?
Jerome Corsi makes Michael Moore look like Edward R Murrow.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:15 PM

756 posts, read 1,888,304 times
Ok people, enough with the whining about moveon.org. Can anyone stand up and say this book is nothing more than a distraction from the issues facing this nation? Why is it always, "they started it, they do it too". Two wrongs don't make a right and three rights start bringing us into a circle.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coog78 View Post
Ok people, enough with the whining about moveon.org. Can anyone stand up and say this book is nothing more than a distraction from the issues facing this nation? Why is it always, "they started it, they do it too". Two wrongs don't make a right and three rights start bringing us into a circle.
Actually....the reasoning behind it is perfectly understandable.

Obama has the damned if you do damned if you don't position of replying or not.

This forces him if he replies to debunk them and make his true stances on things come to light.

The most liberal democrat steps out into the public eye fresh off a vacation.

On the top it looks like garbage....underneath is where the gold lies.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:40 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,277,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coog78 View Post
If someone were spreading lies about you to keep you from getting a job (say), would you stay noble and quiet?

Look how well the right wing smear campaigns worked in 2000 and 2004. They're repeating it this election cycle because it was successful in the past.

Unfortunately, every year more and more people come online who wouldnt have touched a godless computer in 2004 and now anyone can research and evaluate any information in the blink of an eye. I think by 2012 this style of smear program will be as archaic as hand-drawn pamphlets - though campaign ethics wont have evolved a bit.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:59 PM

194 posts, read 299,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I also would suggest that all of you who are so enthralled by the book take the time to actually check out all those "marvelous footnotes" provided at the back of the book. If you do, you will find out that the "source" cited in the vast majority of those footnotes turns out to be CORSI HIMSELF. Now even the shabbiest scholar knows better than to source yourself. Good grief.
But if they did that, then they would have to admit that they're just feeding into this crap for another reason. Hmmmm...wonder what that reason would be? Reminds me a lot of Lauryn Hill. I LOVED Lauryn when I was a kid and I would defend her to the death, but by the time Unplugged 2.0 came out and FOUR songwriters won suits for being ripped off, I had to face the music that Lauryn was a fraud. When you're looking at facts plain in the face and still refusing to acknowledge wrongdoing, a darker motive lies underneath.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:05 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,896,346 times
ironically, you support a fraud for president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BButrell View Post
But if they did that, then they would have to admit that they're just feeding into this crap for another reason. Hmmmm...wonder what that reason would be? Reminds me a lot of Lauryn Hill. I LOVED Lauryn when I was a kid and I would defend her to the death, but by the time Unplugged 2.0 came out and FOUR songwriters won suits for being ripped off, I had to face the music that Lauryn was a fraud. When you're looking at facts plain in the face and still refusing to acknowledge wrongdoing, a darker motive lies underneath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections