Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 03:43 PM

31,689 posts, read 41,089,995 times

Advertisements

Seems like professional sport owners are for McCain ( visceral activity/instinctive and Librarians are for Obama (cerebral/rational). This begs the question which support group would most likely council their candidate not to use Wikipedia for a major speech and which would most likely tell their candidate to rip the hades out of another country?

Barack Obama | Librarians for Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 04:01 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,932,626 times
Additional correlations:

and CDC survey: South leads nation in obesity - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/diet.fitness/07/17/obesity.states.ap/index.html - broken link)

1. Mississippi, 32.0% obese
2. Alabama, 30.3% obese
3. Tennessee, 30.1% obese
4. Louisiana, 29.8% obese
5. West Virginia, 29.5% obese
6. Arkansas, 28.7% obese
7. South Carolina, 28.4% obese
8. Georgia, 28.2% obese
9. Oklahoma, 28.1% obese
10. Texas, 28.1 % obese

It's no surprise many people I met in other countries think we're fat and stupid.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:04 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,771,973 times
Hey, Tuby, you got any info on funeral directors?

Old 08-15-2008, 04:05 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,620,903 times
Librarians like things to be orderly. If you ask for reference material they will take you to factual, cited data. My fondest memories are of Librarians who maintain the Library of Congress system - they know where everything is.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:05 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,203,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
This begs the question which support group would most likely council their candidate not to use Wikipedia for a major speech and which would most likely tell their candidate to rip the hades out of another country?
Very well phrased, Tuborg. You get an A.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:10 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,620,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Seems like professional sport owners are for McCain ( visceral activity/instinctive and Librarians are for Obama (cerebral/rational). This begs the question which support group would most likely council their candidate not to use Wikipedia for a major speech and which would most likely tell their candidate to rip the hades out of another country?

Barack Obama | Librarians for Obama
The Librarians would want to look at maps so they could see borders and stuff....lol

Last edited by walidm; 08-15-2008 at 04:33 PM..

Old 08-15-2008, 04:12 PM

31,689 posts, read 41,089,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Hey, Tuby, you got any info on funeral directors?
Not exactly consistant but the only thing I could come up with.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_101309.html
Late Thursday night, Karl Rove, the architect of the last two Republican presidential victories, was on his new television perch at Fox News, offering free advice to Senator Barack Obama as he closed in on the Democratic nomination....

"Wouldn't taking his advice be a little like getting health tips from a funeral home director?" said Mr. Obama's press secretary, Bill Burton.

Last edited by TuborgP; 08-15-2008 at 04:21 PM..

Old 08-15-2008, 04:17 PM

26,240 posts, read 49,129,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Librarians like things to be orderly. If you ask for reference material they will take you to factual, cited data. My fondest memories are of Librarians who maintain the Library of Congress system - they know where everything is.
Librarians are among the UNSUNG hero's of our nation, up there with NURSES, MOMS and First Responders. I've used the LOC before, and it's a marvelous place indeed to do research (in my case, railroad history).

Librarians support Obama because it's hard to fool educated people. The stats posted by Hero tell an amazing story, that fat stupid (usually bigoted) people can be led around by the nose by dummies like Bush and bellicose mouthy has-beens like John McCain.

EDIT: Side issue perhaps, but MOST Librarians I've seen are women. I'd bet they like that Obama is for "choice" and despise the efforts by fat old slobs like Jerry Falwell(d) et al to try and control the lives and health of women.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:26 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,203,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Librarians are among the UNSUNG hero's of our nation, up there with NURSES, MOMS and First Responders. I've used the LOC before, and it's a marvelous place indeed to do research (in my case, railroad history).

Librarians support Obama because it's hard to fool educated people. The stats posted by Hero tell an amazing story, that fat stupid (usually bigoted) people can be led around by the nose by dummies like Bush and bellicose mouthy has-beens like John McCain.

EDIT: Side issue perhaps, but MOST Librarians I've seen are women. I'd bet they like that Obama is for "choice" and despise the efforts by fat old slobs like Jerry Falwell(d) et al to try and control the lives and health of women.
Librarians also resented the ******** intrusions into internet privacy, back in the day.

The IQ scores... that tells more about the deplorable, criminal state of education in those low-ranking states than about natural abilities. And about who feels motivated to vote.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:28 PM

26,240 posts, read 49,129,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Librarians also resented the ******** intrusions into internet privacy, back in the day.

The IQ scores... that tells more about the deplorable, criminal state of education in those low-ranking states than about natural abilities. And about who feels motivated to vote.
That is an EXCELLENT point. These are mostly "low tax" states. Maybe if enough Yankees retire and move south it will have a beneficial effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections