Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 10:52 AM

29,920 posts, read 39,576,012 times

Advertisements

Wow you guys are the like 24 hour news....

The more they show themselves the more likely the polls will move...one time does not equal drastic changes...IMO they were pandering to people who would already vote their way. So even a slight change would be a surprise.

You can bet Obama won't do another one of those before the debates. Everyone can dismiss one poor performance...he won't take the chance on a second.

If he doesn't start clarifying himself on the first attempt he is going to start losing voters IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 10:57 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,081,368 times
Desperation does strange things to the mind.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:22 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,596,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Obama leads in all the polls shown in the above link.

Who here has ever been polled? Where are they conducted, the portals of Berkeley or in the hood?

Old 08-19-2008, 11:58 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,956,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Commentary: Is McCain another George W. Bush? - CNN.com

is this a singular opinion or contrary to initial popular a more widely held view from Saturday? Only time will tell.

He no longer allows reporters unfettered access to him aboard the "Straight Talk Express" for a reason. He simply makes too many mistakes. Unless he's reciting talking points or reading from notes or a TelePrompTer, John McCain is lost. He can drop bon mots at a bowling alley or diner -- short glib responses that get a chuckle, but beyond that McCain gets in over his head very quickly.

The above is from jack Cafferty is it a singular voice or did Saturday reinforce it for some. Only time will tell!

A hollow victory was exactly what Sat. night was. I am thrilled that the polls reflect this. Initially, I was amazed while watching the debates that McCain did so well. He didn't seem like the same person I've been watching this whole campaign... He knew the questions. There is no doubt in my mind.

But even if he didn't cheat, I have had a few days to look at both candidates answers more carefully. Obama struggled, but was able to see the complexities of each issue. Shoot-from-the-hip McCain gave clearer answers, but they were also one dimensional and empty.

He also banged on the war drum a few times in regards to Russia and Osama Bin Laden as well as his Vietnam stories. I don't think these statements have a broad appeal right now. We are already stretched too thin and tired of war. Even our military troops are supporting Obama over McCain.

I hope he enjoyed his moment in the sun. It didn't last long.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:28 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,205,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
A hollow victory was exactly what Sat. night was. I am thrilled that the polls reflect this. Initially, I was amazed while watching the debates that McCain did so well. He didn't seem like the same person I've been watching this whole campaign... He knew the questions. There is no doubt in my mind.

But even if he didn't cheat, I have had a few days to look at both candidates answers more carefully. Obama struggled, but was able to see the complexities of each issue. Shoot-from-the-hip McCain gave clearer answers, but they were also one dimensional and empty.

He also banged on the war drum a few times in regards to Russia and Osama Bin Laden as well as his Vietnam stories. I don't think these statements have a broad appeal right now. We are already stretched too thin and tired of war. Even our military troops are supporting Obama over McCain.

I hope he enjoyed his moment in the sun. It didn't last long.
I'm fairly sure I heard the other morning on C-SPAN's Washington Journal that the troops in Iraq are supporting Obama six to one - that's obviously not the entire military. I'm sure that's another story altogether. (Sorry I can't provide support for my statement - just what I heard while I was pouring my coffee) Maybe someone can find that poll...

Old 08-19-2008, 12:34 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,626,492 times
Both of these candidates are suppose to know the answers to these questions whether they knew them ahead of time or not.

( Obama was given a free questions before the interview and McCain was not and still screwed it up)

Afterall, they are running to be our President. Duh !!!

Answer this Obamatrons, why did he struggle with answering questions like these that he has been asked before.

to me he was confused and didn't know how to answer them, his decision making skills or lack of them really showed here.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:46 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,081,368 times
Barack Obama's image suffers under John McCain attacks, poll finds - Los Angeles Times

Here's a nice hollow victory just out. From 12 to 2 = Tied. Taken Friday - Monday. That would include Saturday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections