Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 09:56 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,394,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Jindal would rip Biden a new one in a debate.

Things are looking brighter guys.
Jindal passed on the job back in July.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 10:06 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,644,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yesssss, that's how it goes.....President....THEN....Vice-President.....

.....get it? President over the vice-president....

What is a "milke-toast" ?

milquetoast - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Old 08-22-2008, 10:10 AM

I think we know what milquetoast is. I think maybe the other poster was making fun.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:13 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
Biden is one of the biggest supporters of a draft.....yes please pick him.
http://www.talkleft.com/story/2005/06/12/539/08690

Old 08-22-2008, 10:24 AM

50,388 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Why wouldn't he pick Biden?

Biden is clean and articulate and bright.

A role model for all young whiteys.
Biden is, by no means, clean. He has a history of being a plagarist. He also came out and said he wasn't the guy.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Biden is, by no means, clean. He has a history of being a plagarist. He also came out and said he wasn't the guy.
... I know. I was quoting Biden about Obama....

Old 08-22-2008, 10:33 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,644,210 times
Quote:
I think we know what milquetoast is. I think maybe the other poster was making fun.

I just wasn't sure, given the limitations of some posters.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:37 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,860,665 times
Quote:
Jindal's got a fairly impressive resume, but I don't think he beats Obama "in spades". Rhodes Scholar, which is impressive, and then some corporate work, and then into politics around the same time Obama got into 'em. He, by the way, has stated that he will not be the VP nominee.

Barack Obama has a career that anyone would be proud of. I sure would. (Plus, I like how Rovian it's gotten with the whole "Obama can't speak" thing. He clearly can. It's the whole idea of attacking the strengths of your opponent rather than his weaknesses.)
Boy oh boy, you need to look at Jindal's resume and then look at Barry's. No contest.

I honestly am not impressed with "community organizing"...great if you are.

And, pls, blaming Rove for Obama's off the cuff speaking "challenges" is a hoot. B.O. is not good at non scripted stuff. It's all over Youtube and I doubt Rove is responsible. Very weak argument there. But if it makes you feel good... I am REALLY looking forward to those debates. I heard today that Barry spent time with a coach to help him with this. He (IMHO) is screwed in regards to off the cuff remarks, as the whole point of his "over-thinking" the answers is precisely because he does NOT want to divulge his real beliefs.

But, blame the evil Rove. It really makes a lot of us chuckle.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:43 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Boy oh boy, you need to look at Jindal's resume and then look at Barry's. No contest.

I honestly am not impressed with "community organizing"...great if you are.

And, pls, blaming Rove for Obama's off the cuff speaking "challenges" is a hoot. B.O. is not good at non scripted stuff. It's all over Youtube and I doubt Rove is responsible. Very weak argument there. But if it makes you feel good... I am REALLY looking forward to those debates. I heard today that Barry spent time with a coach to help him with this. He (IMHO) is screwed in regards to off the cuff remarks, as the whole point of his "over-thinking" the answers is precisely because he does NOT want to divulge his real beliefs.

But, blame the evil Rove. It really makes a lot of us chuckle.
In case anyone missed
Barack Obama Gaffes (http://www.gop.com/BarackGaffes/ - broken link)

Old 08-22-2008, 05:44 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,860,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Biden is one of the biggest supporters of a draft.....yes please pick him.
Joe Biden Feels a Draft - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime
Other than being one of the bigest gas bags in the Senate....I want Barry to pick him so they can run the old sound bites from his old presidential run. Oh, that would be RICH!

However, having to look at those sad hair plugs every day on the news....whoa, that would be rough. Something too girly about men who do that to themselves. Hmmmmm. Gov Kane is suffering the same thing.

Ugh. Why do men do this? It NEVER looks real...just reveals a sad, vain man.

And, yes...this is a very personal attack. I remember a lot of B.O.'s fanatics went after poor Hillary for personal reasons. And I think she is a much better looking woman than Biden or Kane are men. Guess I'm just playing by those rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections