Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 07:17 AM

69 posts, read 133,770 times

Advertisements

I know I will be vilified, but I must ask. Has anyone who is a Obama supporter explain is history and integrity? The company that he keeps is, trying to put it nicely, is suspect. But also, look at his history. I am not a conspiracy therorist, but his Muslim background concerns me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 07:39 AM

382 posts, read 1,227,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkemery View Post
I know I will be vilified, but I must ask. Has anyone who is a Obama supporter explain is history and integrity? The company that he keeps is, trying to put it nicely, is suspect. But also, look at his history. I am not a conspiracy therorist, but his Muslim background concerns me.
Him being Muslim (or not) is not a cause of concern with me; Him being liberal is.

Peace.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:22 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:

Anytime an unsavory character comes out of the woodwork, the excuse from Obama is that, "The X of today is not the X I knew back then."

And the media applauds and moves on.

(where "X" = unsavory character dujour)

Old 08-25-2008, 09:28 AM

4,468 posts, read 8,007,381 times
Thumbs down Re: Obamas' heritage...

Reading on this site I saw that a court case has been filed to check into his heritage etc.

From what the thread says he is Not African-American as the PC wants us to believe...??

It seems to me that this situation should be looked into NOW as any person running for President must be born in the U.S. of A. including territories.

This situation is NOT clear to me re him..

NOT that it would case me to vote for him,,,but others would wake up to this and not vote for the Dems.

HW..

Old 08-25-2008, 09:47 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
The situation is VERY clear - Hawaii has authenticated his birth certificate as authentic and he was born in Hawaii.

The person that filed that court case files TONS of frivilous lawsuits against the government. Look him up. Don't take everything you read here as fact - do your own research to verify.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:02 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,778 times
Quote:
I I am not a conspiracy therorist, but his Muslim background concerns me.
Can you please explain (although he does not happen to be one) what is WRONG with being a Muslim?

Old 08-25-2008, 10:41 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
Obama is NOT a Muslim. Because his name is Hussein doesn't make him a Muslim in the same way that Abraham Lincoln being called Abraham didn't make him Jewish. Obama is NOT responsible for the actions of his Associates and Friends. If we are convicting a person because of Association then McCain wouldn't have a hope in hell either as his own wife stole Scrips from a Charity and was addicted to drugs. Let's start looking at THE person running not people he knows. Obama bought a small slice of land legally from Rezko's wife and has, since finding more out about rezko he has given all of Rezko's donations to Charity. If having sleazy friends is a crime, i'm sure we would all at some time be found guilty.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:48 AM

532 posts, read 859,400 times
Thumbs down Being a Muslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappedinNM View Post
Him being Muslim (or not) is not a cause of concern with me; Him being liberal is.

Peace.
Being a Muslim would be a big concern. as Muslims do not seperate their religion from Government. I don't think he is a muslim, however--even though he was maybe raised to be one. He says he is a Christian, and I don't think he would have been attending a christian church all of these yrs, if he were a Muslim.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:02 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
Ok, then what has our Muslim Congressman done that shows he doesn't separate his religion from Government? I'd say far right Christians are even worse in that regard.

Keith Ellison (politician - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Old 08-25-2008, 11:14 AM

280 posts, read 686,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
Can you please explain (although he does not happen to be one) what is WRONG with being a Muslim?
If you were an American on 9/11 and if you still are one you would understand the question. But since it is the democratic nominee who has "ties" to Islam and has been quoted by many sources as participating in Muslim training and worship, it is your duty as a blind follower to say it doesn't matter. Everyone (including you, knows that would not be your tune of McCain were Muslim. As far as BO's denial about his history, there has been much proof to the contrary provided by his teachers, schoolmates, neighbors and educational system. In my opinion the admission of BO himself wraps it up when he recited the opening lines (in perfect accent) of the Adhan...
Allah is supreme! Allah is supreme!
Allah is supreme! Allah is supreme!
I witness that there is no God but Allah.
I witness that there is no God but Allah.
I witness that Muhummad is his prophet...

Then continued to say "its one of the prettiest sounds on earth at sunset.'

The interview was done by NY Times columnist Nicholas Kristof. For someone who so strongly denies that he is a muslim, that is very "suspicious". Not that I would ever think BO would lie about anything. We all know that it is everyone who uncovers his past that are the liars.

Shoot, lunch break is almost over. Here are a few other reasons Americans might not want a Muslim President. (Just curious do you remember when all of the soldiers, contractors, reporters were being kidnapped, tortured and beheaeded by Muslims in the name of Allah? Then said heads were often put on sticks while the Muslim Terrorists ran up and down the streets dancing and laughing with them...think that might have something to do with it?)

Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."
Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed."
Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)."
Ishaq:324 "He said, 'Fight them so that there is no more rebellion, and religion, all of it, is for Allah only. Allah must have no rivals.'" Ishaq:587 "Our onslaught will not be a weak faltering affair. We shall fight as long as we live. We will fight until you turn to Islam, humbly seeking refuge. We will fight not caring whom we meet. We will fight whether we destroy ancient holdings or newly gotten gains. We have mutilated every opponent. We have driven them violently before us at the command of Allah and Islam. We will fight until our religion is established. And we will plunder them, for they must suffer disgrace."
Qur'an:48:16 "Say (Muhammad) to the wandering desert Arabs who lagged behind: 'You shall be invited to fight against a people given to war with mighty prowess. You shall fight them until they surrender and submit. If you obey, Allah will grant you a reward, but if you turn back, as you did before, He will punish you with a grievous torture."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections