Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 02:44 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,170,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
Obama has less experience than many of the candidates, but has shown good judgement on many issues, and good management. The only argument McCain has against Obama is his lack of experience...now he will have to thow that argument out the window.
Hypocrisy? From the GOP? NEVER!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 02:44 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
who is light on experience herself
Who said a VP pick had to have as much or more experience than the Presidential candidate.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:45 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,253,885 times
McCain picked her to try to get the Hillary supporters who said they wouldn't vote for Obama now that she isn't the Democratic candidate. The thing is, I don't think many female Democrats are going to vote for a pro-life ticket.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
The "wet hen vote"/OOOO/LOL, props for the paper-houser...

p.s. I think Vicky was just admitting that she doesn't know much about Sarah Palin except what the left-wing media spins out. Nice to be confronted with such candor.
McCain chose a woman to get Hillary supporters on board. Many are pro-choice. Palin is pro-life. She's unknown and its unlikely that much of what is considered a scandal against her will be made public before the election.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
McCain chose a woman to get Hillary supporters on board. Many are pro-choice. Palin is pro-life. She's unknown and its unlikely that much of what is considered a scandal against her will be made public before the election.
I was wrong. I just picked the wrong scandal to consider. Day 2 and no "Praise Obama" articles. The Democrats are imploding.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:47 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,558,552 times
No, were just sitting here laughing at the Pubs lame attempt to get Hillary's supporters. I know let's nominate right-winger, big oil soccer mom to garner those disgruntled Hillary voters. We hope they don't discover her true stance on the issues. (I don't think the Hillary supporters are that stupid.)

Palin was picked ONLY because she is a woman.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:01 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,893,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Hardly. Obama has what, 1 working year in the senate? He's been campaigning for almost 2 years. She has REAL executive experience as Governor and mayor.

Let's not even mention what she will do to obama on the abortion issue.
What she'll do is drive away some of those Hillary voters that actually care about the right to choose, and were going to vote McCain because he's practically a democrat. Then she'll drive away the remainder of the Hillary voters when they realize what an insult it is to them -- Hillary worked her arse off to almost get the nomination, then was denied VP, and all of the sudden a younger, prettier, less experienced woman gets the VP nod after one meeting with McCain.

Back on topic, though, why are we talking about her instead of Obama? It was a ballsy, newsworthy pick. Does that make her qualified to be VP? Probably not, but hey, McCain's gamble might work. I give him credit for making this already interesting election even more fun.

Will be interesting to see how long the "flash" lasts from this pick. She's getting overexposed right now, and not in a good (pictorial) way. We'll discuss it to death on this board, we'll watch the media discuss it to death, then what will actually happen when people get over the suprise factor?

Old 08-30-2008, 02:05 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,967,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Instead of talking about how great Obama is, the Democrats are attacking McCain's pick for VP. If Obama is so great, why can't we continue the daily verbal masturbation exercise of the last 12 months?
LOL, you gotta take a break every once in awhile you know. And besides, it's just too tricky to masturbate and laugh out loud at the same time (for me, anyway)

Don't worry, we'll be back at it in a day or so. Once we stop thinking of new and original Palin jokes every few minutes (but I don't know when that's gonna happen--she's such an irresistible gold mine).

Old 08-30-2008, 02:41 PM

240 posts, read 475,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Who said a VP pick had to have as much or more experience than the Presidential candidate.
Well considering the VP is one heartbeat away from the presidency one would conclude that the VP should be as qualified, or even more so, as the presidential candidate himself.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:38 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,967,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Don't worry, we'll be back at it in a day or so. Once we stop thinking of new and original Palin jokes every few minutes (but I don't know when that's gonna happen--she's such an irresistible gold mine).
...but I guess it isn't going to be today.

I woke up with at least 5 more great Palin punchlines, just waiting for the right moment to use 'em. And then, it's time to hit the road for the long, long drive from Denver back to Georgia.

But maybe I'll stop along the way to revive a few dnc posts. Maybe the ones about Susan Eisenhower's speech. Or Gore's. Might make a good counter point during the rnc convention...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections