Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 10:45 PM

69 posts, read 133,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Dach View Post
Not really-Racism has trumped everything else in the US for 300 years-always has ,always will .
Are you saying not voting for Obama or questioning his postion makes someone a racist? Or are you saying because he is African-American he should automatically win the election?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 10:56 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,557,216 times
Well, this has veered way off-topic.

Anywho, on the local news tonight they had a repoter on the street type deal asking people what they thought of McCain's VP pick, Palin. Most people said "who?" So, McCain can ask "who?" right along with them.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:20 AM

862 posts, read 1,051,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Well, renting out the Lincoln bedroom, to highest bidder, China, most favored trade partner, military secrets handed over to the chinese, are just a few things I seem to recall. I'm no big fan of what has gone on in the past eight years either. Repubs, and Dems are two sides of the same coin to me, but you gotta go with your gut instincts, when dealing with the lesser of two evils. The repubs have MADE profit, the dems under Clintoon STOLE their profit, and sold us out to foreigners in the process. There's a difference. Making a profit is legal, selling secrets to the enemy is TREASON.

This is the most nutty bunch of trash I ever read.Truly ill.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:25 AM

862 posts, read 1,051,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkemery View Post
Are you saying not voting for Obama or questioning his postion makes someone a racist? Or are you saying because he is African-American he should automatically win the election?
What I am saying is that the US is so racist that even talking to an average american about it is like the old saw about asking a fish "Hows the Water?" to which he replies-"Water,what water?"
Its so deeply imbedded folks cant even see it.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:21 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
One visit and a two hour conversation later....citizens your new VP!

What an overwhelming display of off the cuff tom foolery.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:25 AM

646 posts, read 1,639,966 times
McCain is the classic opportunist. Palin has absolutely no experience and doesn't offer anything. If McCain kicks the bucket do you really want somebody as clueless has her to be Preisdent??? The only reason he picked her is to try and win some pissed of hillary supporters. For no other reason than because she is a woman. Obama picked Joe Biden because of his wealth of experience in his 36 years in the Senate. His foreign affairs record is one of the finest in Washington. Joe Biden brings important experiences to the table and has many things to offer. That is the difference. Obama picks somebody intelligent, experienced, and highly respected. McCain picks some random chick because she might win over some hillary supporters. Thats it. Opportunist.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:27 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
Looks like another case of bad judgment.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:42 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Looks like another case of bad judgment.
Impulsivity may be more appropriate. it is thwarting the Obama bounce in the poll especially with Rasmussen and that was a short term plus for the selection. I find it amazing to read that they are using the time on the bus to bond and get to know each other since they know so very little to be incredible about his execution and decision making judgement.

According to his campaign he met her in February and then again on Thursday at his ranch where they conversed and he offered her the job. So in a way they had two meetings but only one really before he offered her the job. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm and wow but ok if thats what you consider good executive decision making then go for it. I hope he meets with his Secretary of State more then once before surprising us with a war.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:54 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,761 times
McSex must have had sex with this hockey mom. With all the pool that was available, i don't see why he would choose her.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:00 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
McSex must have had sex with this hockey mom. With all the pool that was available, i don't see why he would choose her.
nah he isn't that low on the totem pole. He probably would love for to fall asleep with her head on his shoulder while riding their bus together. I wonder if in his mind however he has lusted a tad or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections