Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 06:14 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,640,139 times

Advertisements

Are you comfortable with the Governor's position on Roe v Wade?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 06:15 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,667,611 times
Absolutely not!

Old 08-29-2008, 06:17 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,257,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Are you comfortable with the Governor's position on Roe v Wade?
Not at all.

I've stated this before: I am not pro abortion, but each woman should have her own choice. The thought of Roe Vs. Wade being overturned scares me...imagine where this could lead?

Old 08-29-2008, 06:25 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,667,611 times
So it's murder unless the life of the mother is in jeopardy? Is that when it becomes a procedure?

Old 08-29-2008, 06:27 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,966,916 times
So what is your... (all of you panicked Roe V Wade worriers)....specific opinion of the Infants Born Alive protection bill that Obama voted against. Against providing any comfort or medical assistance to a late term botched abortion when a baby survives?

Is it possible for YOU to take a live baby and stick it in a closet to die alone?

This is what happens.

Your position please?

Not some lofty Roe v Wade theory....your actual position on what to do with these alive babies, today.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:27 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,958,288 times
No I am not.
My pro-life feelings start and end with my body. I am against late term abortions, but Palin's views are extreme to say the least.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:30 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,056,566 times
Quote:
I am against late term abortions, but Palin's views are extreme to say the least.
Nothing is more extreme than opposing medical help for babies born alive from abortions. She will bludgeon obama with this issue.

I have no problem with her position. Or Mccains.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:32 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,455,136 times
"a woman voting for John McCain would be like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders."

Good quote, except now we can add Sarah Palin's name.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:35 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,463,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
But, I do know that even in the "Liberal Mecca" that is Europe allows abortions unless it endangers the life of the mother (which I think is justification even though I'm Pro-Life).
I'm wondering if you might have meant to say that Europe disallows abortions unless it endangers the life of the mother. I'm wondering too if that's the case, if every European country has identical abortion laws, but I guess that's a topic for another thread.

I couldn't be more pleased with Palin's position on Roe v. Wade. It is a real testament to her character that she chose life for her youngest child even though she and her husband were told he has Down's syndrome. Contrast this to the way Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden (who both claim to be sincere Catholics) either expressed gross ignorance of the Church's position on abortion, or deliberately tried to downplay it knowing full well what its position is.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:39 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,958,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Nothing is more extreme than opposing medical help for babies born alive from abortions. She will bludgeon obama with this issue.

I have no problem with her position. Or Mccains.
Obama didn't support this particular piece of legislation because the bill was purposely worded in a way that underminded the rights guaranteed under Roe v Wade, so he had no choice but to vote against the bill. He is against late term abortions unless the life of the mother is at stake and he is for a federal bill that would address the born alive issue. These are reasonable restrictions, making all abortions illegal regardless of the circumstance is extreme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections