Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 11:17 PM

365 posts, read 525,557 times

Advertisements

If Palin, who is pro-life, has to replace McCain and just happens to become pregnant, how will she handle the daily responsibilities that she sworn to uphold?

The 3:00 a.m. call might come during the time of her baby illness and plus being pregnant, tough choice to make, will she leave her sick child to go to Iraq, disasters, etc. if needed? What will come first, her sick child or country, and do they let pregnant women go over-seas? Dads are great, but a mother’s care is so much more powerful and dearing. Pro-life doesn't believe in contraceptive, do they?

Can Palin learn in a few months all that she needs to know in order to become a fit and ready president by day one if the situation should occurs?

What your take on this? Curious points, mind sharing anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 11:30 PM

746 posts, read 2,176,804 times
While I may not agree with Palin on her politics and think she is too inexperienced to be VP, her sex is irrelevant. Why should you care if she were to get pregnant? Would you ask the same question of a father with a sick kid? Pro-family doesn't mean sexist.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:34 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,014,557 times
Well, let's see. Another poster insists that Obama has an "electric collage" in his lap so what if the "electric collage" eventually damages the nerve endings in his private parts so he can't have sex anymore and he gets frustrated?! Would we really want a sex-deprived male with twitchy fingers near the red button or answering the red phone?

Let's get real here, huh?

Old 08-30-2008, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekduo View Post
While I may not agree with Palin on her politics and think she is too inexperienced to be VP, her sex is irrelevant. Why should you care if she were to get pregnant? Would you ask the same question of a father with a sick kid? Pro-family doesn't mean sexist.
Thanks for sharing - but could you re-read the post again, because you did not answer any of the questions.

You are right, her sex is irrelevant, and that was not the point I was addressing. My concern was what affect it would have being pregnant as a president and you already have a sick child? Want eventually a pregnant woman will have to take some time off and give birth? Apparently if she is a wife, and if she doesn't believe in contraceptive, there's a chance she could get pregnant again. How many children she already have, is it 5, I don't know? As a president, you have to be ready to uphold your duties no matter what, male or female.

My questions were sincere.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Well, let's see. Another poster insists that Obama has an "electric collage" in his lap so what if the "electric collage" eventually damages the nerve endings in his private parts so he can't have sex anymore and he gets frustrated?! Would we really want a sex-deprived male with twitchy fingers near the red button or answering the red phone?

Let's get real here, huh?
Keeping it real: WHO IS TALKING ABOUT SEX?!!! I'm not!

But just incase something should happen to Obama and Biden has to take over.....
you can go from there, can't ya?

Old 08-30-2008, 12:44 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,703,584 times
Thats the least of my worries.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:47 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,014,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post
Keeping it real: WHO IS TALKING ABOUT SEX?!!! I'm not!

But just incase something should happen to Obama and Biden has to take over.....
you can go from there, can't ya?
And Biden's an old dude and could get cancer. Then what?

Sorry, but your post is thinly veiled sexism.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:47 AM

746 posts, read 2,176,804 times
Sorry, I misunderstood your intentions with your questioning.
If she ever did become president, she would have to pick a vice-president of her own. I'm assuming that her maternity leave would put her VP filling in. Although she'd probably still be involved during that time period, just as presidents currently do work while on their vacations. As far as a sick child, I'm sure there will be people to care for the child and she will be there as time allows. Not too different than any other woman in a professional position.
If anybody knows the facts more precisely, feel free to chime in.
As for getting up to speed quickly on what it takes to be president, well, that's a stretch IMHO.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Thats the least of my worries.
I know, because yall do have a lot more to worry about than this.
I'm for yall.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:55 AM

307 posts, read 522,178 times
It's simple. If she is president and goes into labor then Alexander Haig will be in control of the White House.

Yes 90% of you are going WTF. But hopefully the other 10% are LOL.

I figured at least one thread needed a little humor....

Random
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections