Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 11:12 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,564,524 times

Advertisements

I suggest some of you read the book "The Shock Doctrine" by Naomi Klein.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 11:13 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,620,593 times
If I remember correctly, it was the dems who whined that we were going to Iraq for oil, we have got ZERO oil.

The was the dems who said we were going there to get the oil profits, we have got ZERO.

Could you imagine these same dems whiney like little babies if Iraq would start handing us Americans free oil? I could see it know, the stupid dems would then resort to going back to I told you so!!!

Again, yet another double standard dem idea.

So you do not think the global market that Obama talks about all the time is a good idea then? With is globalist ideas this would be a good thing.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:14 AM

479 posts, read 880,399 times
Speak for yourself, I'm sure the execs at Haliburton and Co. as well as the other no bid contracting cronies have benefited greatly $$$$$$ from this illegal occupation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
They are selling oil to the Syrians for less than they are offering it to us. We do not control their oil. This failed nation building exercise did not reap us many benefits.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:16 AM

31,689 posts, read 41,099,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
If I remember correctly, it was the dems who whined that we were going to Iraq for oil, we have got ZERO oil.

The was the dems who said we were going there to get the oil profits, we have got ZERO.

Could you imagine these same dems whiney like little babies if Iraq would start handing us Americans free oil? I could see it know, the stupid dems would then resort to going back to I told you so!!!

So you do not think the global market that Obama talks about all the time is a good idea then? With is globalist ideas this would be a good thing.
Ok so what do you think about the Obama plan to implement a wind fall profit tax on big oil and use it to give citizens a fuel rebate. Yes this is a trap so please go off on it and rant and rant about so I can post the other half. Pleassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssse

Old 08-30-2008, 11:17 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,624,161 times
Quote:

So tell us What 4000 soldiers died for again? Why are we in a Nation that didn't attack us? Why aren't we in Afghanistan? Where is the CHEAP gas we were promised? Wait...it's in China, who will now be exerting more pressure on World oil demand. Good grief.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
So tell us What 4000 soldiers died for again? Why are we in a Nation that didn't attack us? Why aren't we in Afghanistan? Where is the CHEAP gas we were promised? Wait...it's in China, who will now be exerting more pressure on World oil demand. Good grief.
Leave her alone I want her to respond to Obama and windfall profit taxes on oil companies. don't intimidate her so she doesn't.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:

RALEIGH, North Carolina (Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said on Monday he would impose a windfall profits tax on U.S. oil companies as he sought political gain from Americans' pain over high gasoline prices.
Launching a two-week focus on the economy after clinching the Democratic presidential nomination, Obama drew a sharp contrast between his economic policies and those of John McCain, his Republican rival in the November election.
"I'll make oil companies like Exxon pay a tax on their windfall profits, and we'll use the money to help families pay for their skyrocketing energy costs and other bills," the Illinois senator said.
Source

Old 08-30-2008, 11:25 AM

Local News | Windfall tax lets Alaska rake in billions from Big Oil | Seattle Times Newspaper
Over the opposition of oil companies, Republican Gov. Sarah Palin and Alaska's Legislature last year approved a major increase in taxes on the oil industry — a step that has generated stunning new wealth for the state as oil prices soared.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:32 AM

If this has worked in Alaska, can it work for the entire oil industry? Is Senator Obama right about Windfall Profits Tax?

Old 08-30-2008, 11:33 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,087,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens2QueenCity View Post
Speak for yourself, I'm sure the execs at Haliburton and Co. as well as the other no bid contracting cronies have benefited greatly $$$$$$ from this illegal occupation.
I was speaking in terms of the American public
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections