Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 03:37 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,966,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
oh yeah, this post should thrill all the women that say there is no sexism here!
lap it up ladies, isn't this swell!!
you should be real proud!!
Georgia dem, do you actually stand for anything except being a contrarian?

Old 08-30-2008, 03:37 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
"Palin isn't qualified."

I'm glad I can say the same about your boy Obam.

The difference is she will be runing for Vice President not President.

You do understand the difference , don't you ?
Actually she is running for president because if old man McCain dies then she becomes president. This has happened before you know.

And Obama has been in the Senate for 4 years and Palin, Gov for a year and a half?

Old 08-30-2008, 03:38 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
They are truly the laughing stock of the nation and elsewhere right now! Goes to show you their utter...stupidity!
McCain's strange pick of Palin rivals Bush's pick of Harriet Myers to be a justice on the SCOTUS; has no supporting logic.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:38 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,662,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSal View Post
I think Obama's got that one pretty well-covered with a heavy duty group of economic advisors..

CNBC - July 28th:

'In an interview with Tom Brokaw (broken link) on NBC's Meet the Press over the weekend, Obama said that today he would be "pulling together" some of his "core economic advisers" to "examine the policies that we've already put forward--a middle class tax cut, a second round of stimulus, a effort to shore up the housing market in addition to the bill that was already passed through Congress, what we need to do in terms of energy and infrastructure."
Buffett is one of the names Obama includes on that list of core advisers, along with former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, former Treasury Secretaries Robert Rubin and Larry Summers, and former Labor Secretary Bob Reich.'

Does anyone know who McCain is using to unravel the mess his buddy Bush has gotten us all into?
Raising my hand! I know the answer, that SOCCER MOM....what's her name? Oh yea, Mrs. Pole-in!
***Nice comment**** will give you a Rep for this one!

Old 08-30-2008, 03:43 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,192,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Personally, I think women were taken for granted in the DNC when Obama spent the whole time trying to justify why he didnt pick Clinton.
."
Not so! Not so at all! I think many of us (women) just wanted the very best candidate, one who would most likely beat the GOP spin machine - and restore our country! I know many Dem women who didn't want Hillary at all right from the beginning. Perhaps because they knew the GOP was happily laying in wait for her - and Bill!

Old 08-30-2008, 03:45 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,349 times
Silly Repubz.....Obama was selected by the people from a pool of eight or so candidates (18 million + votes), Miss Alaska on the other hand was selected by old man....72 yr old man with all sorts of disorders and stuff. No comparison period.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:45 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSal View Post
I think Obama's got that one pretty well-covered with a heavy duty group of economic advisors..

CNBC - July 28th:

'In an interview with Tom Brokaw (broken link) on NBC's Meet the Press over the weekend, Obama said that today he would be "pulling together" some of his "core economic advisers" to "examine the policies that we've already put forward--a middle class tax cut, a second round of stimulus, a effort to shore up the housing market in addition to the bill that was already passed through Congress, what we need to do in terms of energy and infrastructure."
Buffett is one of the names Obama includes on that list of core advisers, along with former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, former Treasury Secretaries Robert Rubin and Larry Summers, and former Labor Secretary Bob Reich.'

Does anyone know who McCain is using to unravel the mess his buddy Bush has gotten us all into?
I was simply questioning why it seemed that you didnt list the economy as an issue.

But, a former Fed Chairman, Treasury Secretary, and Labor Secretary Reich dont exactly instill a boat load of confidence in me. Some of these institutions are the reason our economy is so screwed up. Picking the past cast of characters doesnt exactly make for "change"

I could care less who McCain is using either...McCain has nothing to do with this conversation.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:55 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
This thread is about McCain.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:00 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
This thread is about McCain.
My question, and the response were all about Obama.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:00 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,192,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I was simply questioning why it seemed that you didnt list the economy as an issue.

But, a former Fed Chairman, Treasury Secretary, and Labor Secretary Reich dont exactly instill a boat load of confidence in me. Some of these institutions are the reason our economy is so screwed up. Picking the past cast of characters doesnt exactly make for "change"

I could care less who McCain is using either...McCain has nothing to do with this conversation.
Maybe, just maybe your last statement is a BIG part of the problem; a grasp of and/or interest in how sweepingly important who the advisors are that each candidate gathers around him..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections