Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 02:18 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
She may not be running for president but she needs to be able to step in if McCain dies, and she can't do that now.

What is the real reason. I hate pitbulls and barracudas. This macho man and woman attitude is not what I want in the White House. We have that now, and look where it has gotten us. I would say my main reason is that they are both warmongers.
Which one is the chick ... Bush or Cheney?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 02:19 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
And you know EVERYTHING about what she knows about foreign policy based on 24 hours of media exposure and 2 speeches?

Did you know she has been to Iraq more times than Obama has?
As if going to Iraq makes you a smart politician, someone that knows all about foreign policy. Gee, I spent a lot of time in Mexico and I know very little.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:21 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
As if going to Iraq makes you a smart politician, someone that knows all about foreign policy. Gee, I spent a lot of time in Mexico and I know very little.
Jessaka, don't believe Ox--Palin's NEVER been to Iraq.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:27 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,926 times
For the record, I don't dislike Gov. Palin mainly because I don't know her, I don't hang out with her, I haven't had dinner at her house nor has she had dinner at mine so there isn't any "real reason" to like or dislike Sarah Palin.

Now with regards to disliking Vice President Sarah Palin, that's another subject. I don't like the idea of Vice President Palin based upon her having never set foot out of the country until her 2007 visit to a military base in Kuwait. I don't like the idea of Vice President Sarah Palin, because the only thing that she seems to stand for is her own career goals.

Perhaps if Vice Presidential hopeful Sarah Palin appeared before a credible news agency and submitted herself to the same level of questioning on the issues as the other three candidates, I might (as doubtful as they may be) come to appreciate her experiences, perspectives, or opinions regarding the major issues of the day. Until then, I will remain personally ambivalent towards Sarah Palin and hostile to vice-presidential hopeful Gov. Sarah Palin.

Last edited by WinterinAmerica; 09-11-2008 at 02:55 PM..

Old 09-11-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
Frankly I don't like the thought of her being only one tiny step away from the #1 spot, and considering McCain's age, that's a very real concern for me. There are other republican women who are much more qualified than her, yet were passed over why? Oh wait that's right, most of them are moderates.

This isn't a game, if she somehow ends taking the #1 spot, how is she going to deal with the Chinese or Russians? They'll lay the smack down on her.

That has me concerned as well. It seems like people will vote for McCain just because he put a woman in office. People are not thinking about the implications of this.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:40 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,024 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Jessaka, don't believe Ox--Palin's NEVER been to Iraq.
Why bother? Jess can't figure if going matters or not. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Obama going to Iraq matters; Palin doesn't matter. And they say it with a serious face.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:42 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Why isn't Todd keeping his nose out of the state government and staying home to take care of the kids?

Oh snap, I'm sexist against men now.
I have a sneaking suspicion that we're going to hear that he actually is a state employee so that they can keep those emails private

Old 09-11-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
I think her religious views about being "saved" and the stuff she's said about being "from God" are radical for alot of people.
I don't like her pro-life stance, esp. to the exclusion of incest/rape. That's over the top to most women.
Her condoning of aereal wolf killing when conservationists say they don't threaten the moose population substantially. She's doing the Alaskan popular thing there. Also, her sitting by a dead moose that she's killed is sickening. Doesn't she have better things to do, kinder, gentler things? She seems split psychologically kill the animals/don't kill an embryo, be nice to your kids/kill the animals. People like this are conflicted psychologically and I don't think should be making public policy.
I agree but couldn't give you a rep. I think we just don't get it, but maybe this is it: What republicans want is a macho woman, someone that saves babies, even those that are born from incest, but kills Muslims or other so-called "bad" people, one that kills innocent animals, and says it is okay to allow wolves to suffer for a long time before they died. They see gentleness as a weakness. I think they would like her better if she carried a machine gun daily.

I don't think that McCain should be making public policy either. My husband was in Vietnam, and he recognizes the anger in McCain and says that he would fear him running the country. Vietnam did a lot of damage to McCain, and he fears that he would love revenge. You don't come out of a POW camp after all those years normal. You see this anger and rage in him in utube clips when he is dealing with others. He is more scary than Palin. Palin on the other hand is women's lib gone haywire. Just because she is in public office does not make her a women's liber. We as women fought for certain rights that she would now like to take away from us.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Which one is the chick ... Bush or Cheney?
I am talking about McCain and Palin are not what we need in the White House, we already have a macho man in there, actually we have two macho men in the White House. I can see your confusion. Hope that clarifies it for you.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:48 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
I don't care for anyone that brings their personal views to their job or in this case prospective job. I do not care for people that separate people into categories and get away with it. I basically do not care for people that would run for such high political offices and not have the integrity to represent all people, and boldly state so. Im sorry but peoples religions belong in their church or thier homes not when they are in charge of running a country. A president and VP 's job is to represent all classes, races, eduational levels, income levels, sexual orientations and bascially all americans without such biased thinking. So far I have not heard that from either one of the Republican nominees. let alone Mrs Palin. I have never seen such a hideous selection in order to gain votes at the expense of a country's future, and to play on the ignorance of so many americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections