Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 04:21 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,545 times

Advertisements

For those of you who prayed for rain to disrupt Senator Obama's acceptance speech (maybe no one on this forum did)...since it did not work out that way, do you doubt that God wanted to keep the senator's message from being heard by more than 38 million people? Do you feel any differently about keeping religion out of politics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 04:22 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
For those of you who prayed for rain to disrupt Senator Obama's acceptance speech (maybe no one on this forum did)...since it did not work out that way, do you doubt that God wanted to keep the senator's message from being heard by more than 38 million people? Do you feel any differently about keeping religion out of politics?
lol I couldnt give you another = yet

What about Gustav....... maybe God is speaking to Bush now....

Karma can be tough.....

Old 08-31-2008, 04:23 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
I didnt pray for anything, but I will say that at least one out of those 38 million viewers only watched out of curiosity, to see what that liar would promise (and he ended up promising the world) and to see how much the blinded followers would eat it all up.

So just keep in mind I know Im not the only one of those 38M who wont be voting for Obama after watching.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:31 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:

Great question. The fundies are all confused, cause apparently, according to some other fundies, God rained destruction down on New Orleans for its sinful ways with Katrina.

Now they wonder why God would disrupt the GOP convention.

Kind of reminds me of the passage in the Bible where Jesus overturned the tables of those selling their wares in the church

Old 08-31-2008, 04:33 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
The only thing more tasteless than this vulgar thread is the Democrat talking heads who are almost obscene in their longing for human misery in New Orleans -- all so that they can crow about Bush's supposed shortcomings.

Shameful.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:35 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Great question. The fundies are all confused, cause apparently, according to some other fundies, God rained destruction down on New Orleans for its sinful ways with Katrina.

Now they wonder why God would disrupt the GOP convention.

Kind of reminds me of the passage in the Bible where Jesus overturned the tables of those selling their wares in the church

yes and you reap what you sow....

The prophecies are now visiting Bushie.....

Old 08-31-2008, 04:38 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
The only thing more tasteless than this vulgar thread is the Democrat talking heads who are almost obscene in their longing for human misery in New Orleans -- all so that they can crow about Bush's supposed shortcomings.

Shameful.
This is a serious question for me, actually. I was "amazed" when I heard that guy calling for prayer to ruin the DNC (I thought it was extremely un-Christian) and was wondering if anyone here did pray, and what it does to your faith when God "doesn't answer your prayers"...

(I do not think religion belongs in politics)

I do find your comment about the "Democrat talking heads who are almost obscene in their longing for human misery" full of negativity also...you have no facts to base that statement on.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:41 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,743 times
I dont think God has any control over our governmental processes, and you better be sure he wouldnt be a proponent of this great divide in our country.

Bringing gods will into this is ridiculous and stupid.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:43 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I dont think God has any control over our governmental processes, and you better be sure he wouldnt be a proponent of this great divide in our country.

Bringing gods will into this is ridiculous and stupid.
What I've discovered is so-called priests and ministers who bring politics into their pulpit are more often than not charlatans.

The so called "Religious Right" or "Moral Majority" is full of snake oil salesman

Old 08-31-2008, 04:46 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What I've discovered is so-called priests and ministers who bring politics into their pulpit are more often than not charlatans.

The so called "Religious Right" or "Moral Majority" is full of snake oil salesman
I feel like anyone who has any bit of religous conviction would have nothing but dis-trust for our major political parties and their representatives, so Im always shocked when they throw their support behind one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections