Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 01:16 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,614,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Oh, I know you're not acting emotionally. I KNOW you're FAKING your "concern" (an emotion) for the well-being of the Palin family.

If you TRULY concerned, you would be condemning every thread on this board that smears the family.

Your posts are an entirely calculated, cool, and collected attempt to sway people on the basis of the CONCERN emotion. Only problem is, you're not nearly as clever at executing the tactic as you imagine, because most peopel can see right through it.
It's not concern, and I'm not "TRULY" concerned; that's what you are missing. It may surprise you but I don't even know the Palins. I don't wish them harm, nor do I anyone. But this is about the decision-making of a politician. Those judgments merit discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 01:16 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,369,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
True, but whom do you think a 17 year old girl who is pregnant and getting married would want to talk to more and have around? Probably her mother. But the campaign trail awaits, so...Plus, I imagine that Bristol's father will have his hands full taking care of the current baby.
Personally, I would have talked to my father. Aside from that, family values do not always keep someone from getting pregnant. Besides hormones, teens see pregnant celebrities and don't realize that they could never afford the lifestyle. It looks so romantic when a pregnant teenage celebrity is on the cover of every magazine. At least the Palin's seem to stick together.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:17 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,050,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
You don't know a thing about me, Tri, other than the fact that we both think Tallahassee is a nice town.
I care a great deal about Bristol.
I agree. This is a 17 year old girl who should have been able to have her baby and get married without the glare of the national spotlight shining on her every move. There is no more privacy in this country and that's a damn shame.

Bristol's needs as far more important than her mother's ambitions. Sarah Palin should politely withdraw so that she can be supportive her of daughter's needs - and with enough time for McCain to make a different choice.

I'm a father of three who has never had to face this kind of choice - but I did have to make choices along the way of either "being there" for my children or accepting advances in my career and I chose my children. I turned down opportunities could have led to either relocation and/or longer hours on the job. Instead, I chose to be a five time PTA President and I KNOW I made the right decision. I hope that Governor Palin makes the right decision for her child - and grandchild.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:18 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,477,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
I don't think so.

ETA - Palin, not Pain
Republican family values, gotta love 'em. Sure they ain't from Utah?

Old 09-01-2008, 01:22 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,117,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
I agree. This is a 17 year old girl who should have been able to have her baby and get married without the glare of the national spotlight shining on her every move. There is no more privacy in this country and that's a damn shame.

Bristol's needs as far more important than her mother's ambitions. Sarah Palin should politely withdraw so that she can be supportive her of daughter's needs - and with enough time for McCain to make a different choice.

I'm a father of three who has never had to face this kind of choice - but I did have to make choices along the way of either "being there" for my children or accepting advances in my career and I chose my children. I turned down opportunities could have led to either relocation and/or longer hours on the job. Instead, I chose to be a five time PTA President and I KNOW I made the right decision. I hope that Governor Palin makes the right decision for her child - and grandchild.

Charley, You're the kind of man that every child should have as a father. "For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul?" I can not tell you how very much I respect you.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:22 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,286,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Fine. You know what? I give up. You win.

You all care so very much for the Palin family.
First let say - I'm not a McCain supporter (nor Obama) and will not be voting for McCain nor Obama

That said, I do admire the Governor and her husband and recognize them as literally a "normal" middle class family - with "Normal" middle class problems - including this one of the daughter becoming pregnant.

IMO, the daughter will have lots of love and support from her family - and I also believe that those on the "left" should back off and respect this young girls privacy - I think that those who are beating this issue are actually reprehensible IMO -

Teenage girls get pregnant - regardless of the political beliefs of their parents. Regardless of how well the parents try to raise them. It happens! Period. End of Story.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:23 PM

454 posts, read 749,431 times
In Wasilla, Pregnancy Was No Secret - TIME

Old 09-01-2008, 01:24 PM

1,845 posts, read 4,231,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
You have NEVER and will NEVER see me call an unborn child a fetus. I believe that every child conceived has the right to life. I have always believed this. I will always believed this. You are simply confused because you don't seem to be able to grasp that a person can be a liberal and be VERY pro life. Just like a lot of my liberal friends don't seem to be able to grasp that a person can be a liberal and an Evangelical Christian. I am living proof that both sides are wrong in their assumptions.

No confusion here. The Palins' have made the right choice. It is theirs to make. It's that whole FREEDOM thing.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:26 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,050,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Charley, You're the kind of man that every child should have as a father. "For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul?" I can not tell you how very much I respect you.
That's so nice. Thank you very much.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:26 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,668,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Just once, I'd like some GOP voter have the nerve to admit that the GOP is no more "FAMILY VALUES" than anybody else.

My God they are so hypocritical. Going on and on about what two consenting adults do in their bedroom, who they can love, who they can marry.

McCain, a 43 year old adulterer multiple times over. Left his family for a 25 year old girl.

Now their "abstinence only" sex education failed again. The mother had her 5th baby at 44 when the risk for Down's Syndrome goes up 10 fold!!

These people are frigggin kooks!!
And there's plenty of kooks who desire deeply to vote for Palin and McCain!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections