Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 04:45 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,414,660 times

Advertisements

She's not a nun, ferpetesakes. She's a conservative, in the 21st century and like the rest of us, knows what goes on.

In Wasilla, Pregnancy Was No Secret - TIME

"...The fact is, regardless of what you will hear over the next few days, Bristol's pregnancy is not a legitimate political issue. Sarah Palin is a longterm member of a group called Feminists for Life, which is not opposed to birth control. So you probably can't tag her for consigning young people to unwanted pregnancies..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 04:48 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,595,638 times
Hey at least she's against abortion.

Not like other folks who abort their children like it was some midlife crisis.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:53 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,985,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Hey at least she's against abortion.

Not like other folks who abort their children like it was some midlife crisis.
Well, when she home schooled her little girl she must have neglected the part about condoms.

If the boy is marrying her, I guess that makes it ok.

We don't teach our kids about birth control, are against abortion, but since so many of us get divorces, that's ok.

So these kids are being pushed into a marriage that most people would not give much hope for, but that's ok because divorce is just fine.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:56 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,595,638 times
I rather have divorces going on then aborting little babies who have no say in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Well, when she home schooled her little girl she must have neglected the part about condoms.

If the boy is marrying her, I guess that makes it ok.

We don't teach our kids about birth control, are against abortion, but since so many of us get divorces, that's ok.

So these kids are being pushed into a marriage that most people would not give much hope for, but that's ok because divorce is just fine.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:27 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,294,281 times
Palin is a member of Feminists for Life. This is from their FAQs.

What is Feminists for Life's position on contraception?
Feminists for Life's mission is to address the unmet needs of women who are pregnant or parenting. Preconception issues including abstinence and contraception are outside of our mission. Some FFL members and supporters support the use of non-abortifacient contraception (My comments: this means they don't support morning after pills) while others oppose contraception for a variety of reasons. FFL is concerned that certain forms of contraception have had adverse health effects on women.

I find it hard to imagine how you address the unmet needs of women who are pregnant but fail to address preventive measures like birth control as part of your strategy. It's clearly implied here that abstinence is the only solution. I support teaching this as one of the many preventive measures but if it's so solid that other preventive strategies are not necessary why are we still seeing so many pregnant teens like Bristol? Until I see otherwise, I'm pretty sure Palin is about limiting the use of birth control and many say she definitely doesn't support it for married couples. I guess she's the old fashion type that feels it's a woman's duty to constantly procreate once you're married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections