Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 06:05 AM

9,897 posts, read 10,845,168 times

Advertisements

What a contrast the American people are seeeing between the two parties. I watched the convention last night, it was up beat & optimistic, vs the pessimistic,angry, naysayers the democrats were! Fred Thompson hit it out of the park! Tonight Palin is going to light the place up! By the way did you all notice the sleazy talking heads after it was over, andrea mitchell, oberman ,mathews, campbell brown, evidently they have given up, even trying to hide their disdain for the GOP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 06:06 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,977,613 times
Just because people are breathing doesn't mean they are upbeat.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:11 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,198,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
Just because people are breathing doesn't mean they are upbeat.
Especially if they need all the spare energy they can get to suck on their oxygen tanks so they can keep breathing.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:13 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,805,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
What a contrast the American people are seeeing between the two parties. I watched the convention last night, it was up beat & optimistic, vs the pessimistic,angry, naysayers the democrats were! Fred Thompson hit it out of the park! Tonight Palin is going to light the place up! By the way did you all notice the sleazy talking heads after it was over, andrea mitchell, oberman ,mathews, campbell brown, evidently they have given up, even trying to hide their disdain for the GOP!
Fred Thompson came out and riled up the rednecks and then Lieberman came out and put evenybody to sleep!

Old 09-03-2008, 06:14 AM

1,748 posts, read 5,534,014 times
Quote:
Wow I thought the Demorcartic convention was upbeat and positive as well. In fact I was fired up about it. As a former Clinton supporter, the convention convinced me Obama was the man for the job. Of course that was reinforced later with the Republican VP pick but by that time my mind was made up.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:15 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,390,204 times
Didn't watch much of the Dems and don't plan to see much of the GOP, but flipping through channels last night I saw Laura Bush and she looked stunning. Enjoyed the little bit of her speech that I heard.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:47 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,606,941 times
Quote:
Lotsa geriatric GOP excitement!

Old 09-03-2008, 07:16 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,936,783 times
Quote:

I guess that means no Republicans talked about the Bitter Americans clinging to their guns and religion?

And nobody told a seven year old child how much America has gone downhill like the MESSIAH did. He can't even give a child a decent answer without the teleprompter.The uplifting Obmeister, Anti American contemptuous OBAMA:

“America is …, uh, is no longer, uh … what it could be, what it once was. And I say to myself, I don’t want that future for my children.”

And Michelle the Misunderstood Obama making public statements like:

“Sometimes it’s easier to hold onto your own stereotypes and misconceptions. It makes you feel justified in your ignorance. That’s America.”

“Let me tell you something. For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country, because it feels like hope is making a comeback.”

A perfect description of the Anti American hostile contemptuous OBAMA I LOVE MY COUNTRY crap, Atlanta Journal Constitution:

Obama simply cannot stay on the “I love America” script, a threshold requirement.

With him, it’s conditions and qualifiers, lawyered-up codicils to define precisely the America he embraces, lest his adoring acolytes on the Left think he includes all that Big Oil, God, guns and bigotry stuff, too. Middle America hears him and it jars.

We don’t know what America he’s talking about, whether we and our values are in or out."

Old 09-03-2008, 07:18 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,936,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Fred Thompson came out and riled up the rednecks and then Lieberman came out and put evenybody to sleep!
Well yeah, of course. Those of you that only relate to movies and stylized candidates. I mean, it's ok, really. The Nintendo generation can't focus on much else. We feel your A.D.D. pain, really we do.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:46 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,250,801 times
I watched the DNC and am now watching the RNC. The DNC was fantastically well organised and answered all the questions. IMO the RNC is nothing short of pathetic! Why do they keep referring to Mccain as a maveric? Didn't he vote with Bush over 90% of the time? Why do they refer to the 'surge' as being something Mccain is responsible for? No.1 Mccain voted for the war to begin with, and No.2 Iran's influence in withdrawing Shiite militia is what is doing the job.. I can't believe how much credit the republicans are taking for that!

Outside of these two substantially weak claims, there is nothing but talk of 'balancing budgets' (the biggest joke I have heard in ages), claims of Palin's ability to manage the 'largest state in the union', and one frightfully annoying chanting hillbilly standing right next to one of the microphones.. Is anyone buying this BS??

It was fun watching Bush struggle to read though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections