Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 04:57 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,333,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Uh, you may want to check your "facts." The DUI was 22 YEARS ago. Before they even had kids. Thanks for playing...collect your consolation prize on the way out.
If memory serves me right - it was before they even met.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 04:59 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,031,127 times
they look psychopathic in the photos with the guns.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:59 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,547,287 times
While I see some point about leaving the kids out of it, ok, well, when I see this, a part of me can't help but smile in a twisted way.
Democrats don't preach to others about morality and god, so that's why it gets mangnified, in a way that's a little bit justified, when you see this on the GOP side.
Craig, Ted Haggart, Foley and now this Mom who's preaching family values. Yea RIGHT!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:01 PM

288 posts, read 657,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Hell, I looked old enough to sneak into a bar a time or two at that age. Not only that, I was probably trying to look cool. (And probably failed.) The legal drinking age really ought to be 18, what with kids coming home from Iraq who can't legally have a drink in the country they fought for...

But you weren't pregnant, were you?

No, I was not pregnant. So I guess instead of doing the Nasty, I was really doing the drinking...lol...i mean trying to look cool.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:03 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,031,127 times
Were you from a well known conservative republican whiny fundamentalist family? I didn't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlyn5669 View Post
Oh yeah...

when i was 17 <looking around> , I actually drank and tried to look cool in pictures...it's not entirely the end of the world.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:04 PM

12,772 posts, read 8,006,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvan View Post
I just don't think Sarah should be running for VP.With 5 children I think she should stay at home.
Wow, really? I guess this would make Obama's "Equal pay for equal work" thing really easy to take care of...mothers arent allowed to have jobs, problem solved.

What you propose is job descrimination. As a grown adult she is expected to make that decision on her own, its a decision she has because of her rights as a woman, a mother, and humanbeing living in this country.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:08 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,333,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvan View Post
I just don't think Sarah should be running for VP.With 5 children I think she should stay at home.
Let me ask you this - and hopefully, you will give an honest answer:

What if it was MR. Palin running for VP - what if the husband was the VP nominee?

Would your response above be the same?

Old 09-03-2008, 05:10 PM

79 posts, read 331,665 times
Ok seriously what is the point of bashing a 17 yr old girl. Every single one of you that are bashing this family have the same kind of crap going on in your family somewhere. I do not know why you all are acting so high and mighty like none of you every drank at 17, or had sex at 17. Give me a break and leave the poor girl alone. She is a teenager, why is she the topic of your conversations.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:11 PM

288 posts, read 657,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Were you from a well known conservative republican whiny fundamentalist family? I didn't think so.

You're right, I was actually from a well known (on the rez) Native American drinking family....

So for me, it wasn't the end of the world...lol

Old 09-03-2008, 05:12 PM

27,221 posts, read 46,866,741 times
Maybe she was making a drink for some one else...? never crossed your mind!

One moment of silly ness doesn't make this family worse than maybe some one else....

I choose sex anytime above using drugs......! Specially when a girl has a boyfriend and isn't sleeping around....
Obama drugs use bothers me more, and his terrorist friends!!!! That is a scary thought....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections