Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:22 AM

151 posts, read 694,732 times

Advertisements

I did not watch the speech but from what im hearing this morning, I just want to know dod you really think the dems have a chance in hell of winning in Nov.? I mean the republican advisor stated this election is not about the issues and clearly thats appearant. So since Palin sounded good and looks good dont you think republicans will win this Nov.?

P.S
I do

Old 09-04-2008, 07:23 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,773,550 times
Sure, just because the Republican advisor (whomever that might be) said the election is not about the issues, it is true. Only for sheep and lemmings is this election not about the issues.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:24 AM

10,654 posts, read 18,717,110 times
If you think Sarah Palin's speech is going to secure a win for the Republicans (after you have not even WATCHED IT), you're out of your mind.

Her speech will energize Republicans, but she is not going to be taking voters away from the Dems, and she's not going to be attracting a lot of Independents with her far right views.

There is buzz about her speech the day after, the same way there was a buzz about Obama's.

Wait until the debates.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:24 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,919,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renee_cal View Post
I did not watch the speech but from what im hearing this morning, I just want to know dod you really think the dems have a chance in hell of winning in Nov.? I mean the republican advisor stated this election is not about the issues and clearly thats appearant. So since Palin sounded good and looks good dont you think republicans will win this Nov.?

P.S
I do
As Dems, we blew our chance by not at least putting Hillary in the VP spot. Had Hillary been the Presidential nominee or the VP pick, we would have won. As of now, with Obama and Biden, probably a loss. I'm not voting Obama/Biden and I'm not voting McCain/Palin (though I like Palin). I'm writing in Hillary....many of my friends are doing the same.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:25 AM

2,329 posts, read 6,658,591 times
Boy for a side that says mere "words" have no power (and belittled Obama to no end about it), the Republicans sure have changed their tune.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:26 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,316,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renee_cal View Post

P.S
I do
Nope. I think her visceral, snarky approach is appealing to partisans because she reflects their inner feelings, but the voters that matter will see through her classless tactics.

And of course the republican advisor would say it's not about the issues. They want to avoid the issues at all cost. After all, what did she say to prove that she could potentially lead our country?

Old 09-04-2008, 07:26 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,858,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
As Dems, we blew our chance by not at least putting Hillary in the VP spot. Had Hillary been the Presidential nominee or the VP pick, we would have won. As of now, with Obama and Biden, probably a loss. I'm not voting Obama/Biden and I'm not voting McCain/Palin (though I like Palin). I'm writing in Hillary....many of my friends are doing the same.
I would have loved to see Hill and Beehive go at each other in a debate!

Old 09-04-2008, 07:27 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,773,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
And that will accomplish.....................

Old 09-04-2008, 07:29 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,747,049 times
The Republicans are trying to prove, once again, that if you can't win on the issues, attack character. It has worked for the last 8 years, who's to say it can't work again.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:30 AM

15,402 posts, read 29,041,809 times
"After Palin's speech do you really think Dems will win?"

Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections