Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 10:15 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,048,781 times

Advertisements

What does it say about the Republican’s judgment and desperation that they would be willing to election into the office that is a heartbeat away from the Presidency a person that has only been on the national stage for 1 week? This can’t really be happening – can it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 10:37 AM

13,186 posts, read 15,004,498 times
The woman has tried to have book banned from the library, she passed laws allowing shooting of animals from helicopters. She wants to pass laws saying you can or can't choose to have an abortion. She's will not stop having kids when the chance of having a Down's Syndrom baby goes up 10X fold after 40, but yet wants to take on this grave responsiblity. She fires everyday people like you and me working front line jobs for personal vendettas, to install political cronies. Any rational person would be devastated if a Manger attemped to take your livelyhood, your ability to earn a living.

This county is going straight to hell if jokers like these can get elected.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:39 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,672,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
What does it say about the Republican’s judgment and desperation that they would be willing to election into the office that is a heartbeat away from the Presidency a person that has only been on the national stage for 1 week? This can’t really be happening – can it?
Why not? The Dems want to put someone IN the presidency who has even less experience than Palin.

The fact that she hasn't been on the national stage says more about the deficiency of the media and their arrogant dismissal of "flyover country" than it does anything else. To those of us who follow politics, Palin's name was in the mix for months.

She's a state governor, for crying out loud -- you know, like Clinton was when he ran for president. It's not like she just crawled out from under a rock somewhere.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:40 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,122,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post

Getting nervous?

Old 09-04-2008, 10:41 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,665,450 times
Here is what I find interesting. Obama was an unknown to most people as well but he had over 18 months to let America get to know him. It wasn't until right after the primaries that I decided to vote for him. And yet here is Ms. Palin with one week on the scene and people are acting like she will singlehandedly save the Repub party and this nation. It's astounding that anyone would make that kind of decision after one week.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:41 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,672,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
She's will not stop having kids when the chance of having a Down's Syndrom baby goes up 10X fold after 40, but yet wants to take on this grave responsiblity.
Wasn't she just exercising her right to choose? I always hear about how pro-choice is not pro-abortion. If so, why would the pro-choicers criticize her CHOICE to carry the child to term?

Old 09-04-2008, 10:43 AM

1,162 posts, read 2,110,632 times
Dems didn't know about her but lots of repubs did, she was on a lot of lists and had been interviewed about the possibility of running for months

Old 09-04-2008, 10:52 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
Why not? The Dems want to put someone IN the presidency who has even less experience than Palin.

The fact that she hasn't been on the national stage says more about the deficiency of the media and their arrogant dismissal of "flyover country" than it does anything else. To those of us who follow politics, Palin's name was in the mix for months.

She's a state governor, for crying out loud -- you know, like Clinton was when he ran for president. It's not like she just crawled out from under a rock somewhere.
I'm sorry you misread my post. I did not talk about her lack of experience, I was talking about her lack on being on the national stage where she would be open to scrutiny by the American public.

I’m not sure you know where Alaska is but it is not considered ‘flyover country’ unless of course you are going to Japan (I speak from personal experience).

I do not blame the media for their lack of coverage of the Wassilla, Alaska Mayoral race. I don’t think most of the rest of the country would either.
Mayor Palin’s name has only been in the mix among the radical neo-cons like Bill Kristol, Limbaugh, and Newt.

She has been the governor of Alaska for 20 months – how long was Bill Clinton a governor before he even came on the national stage?
(answer: Clinton was a 7 term governor)

Old 09-04-2008, 10:58 AM

13,186 posts, read 15,004,498 times
I didn't say she didn't have a right to have kids.

You can question someone's judgement for having so many kids.

Kids requires time,attention. More kids means your time and attention are being used up. Palin doesnt have a unlimited supply of time and attention.

Damn one daughter is already knocked up, on child is a special needs kid.

Your going to throw this in one guy's lap?? While you take on one of the most demanding jobs of responsiblity in the Country??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections