Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:57 AM

27,222 posts, read 46,875,292 times

Advertisements

September 3, 2008

Today the Republican Party makes history by selecting Governor Sarah Palin as our candidate for Vice President of the United States. Here is why she is an excellent and powerful candidate to run with John McCain

"There's no reason not to respect her and I believe she's qualified to be the Vice-President."

- Joe Biden (9/2/08)

With her years of executive experience and many accomplishments for the people of Alaska, Governor Sarah Palin is more prepared than Barack Obama to be President of the United States. She's made decisions, taken action, and faced accountability.
When Barack Obama was a community organizer, Governor Palin was serving as a local chief executive.
When Barack Obama was voting present 130 times on the most contentious issues of the day, Governor Palin was taking on corruption within her own party and stood up to the special interests, lobbyists, big oil companies and good-old boy network.
When Barack Obama was voting with the Democrats 97% of the time, Governor Palin was standing up to members of her own party and passed a landmark ethics reform bill.
When Barack Obama was requesting nearly $1 billion in earmark spending, Governor Palin was championing reform to end the abuses of wasteful earmark spending. She put a stop to the "Bridge to Nowhere" that would have cost taxpayers $400 million.
Governor Palin has a record of accomplishment that Barack Obama simply doesn't have. She has spent her time in office shaking up government in Alaska. Barack Obama has only passed one bill as the lead sponsor.
Governor Palin is an energy expert. She is the chair of the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission, a multi-state government agency that promotes the conservation and efficient recovery of domestic oil and natural gas recourses. She also served as Chairwoman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission overseeing energy development on state lands in Alaska.
Governor Palin is a tough executive who has demonstrated during her time in office that she is ready to be president. She has brought Republicans and Democrats together within her Administration and has seen approval ratings of over 80 percent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 10:59 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,676,825 times
The more I hear about Biden, the more I respect him for being a reasonable guy. First he says attacks on the candidates' families should be off limits, and now this. Good for him.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:03 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,050,284 times
Anyone is ready to be VP. That's not the problem. The problem arises when you ask if is she ready to be President if something were to happen to the 72 year old President that has had 2 bouts with cancer?

Old 09-04-2008, 11:03 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,873,773 times
I'm thrilled that he is on the ticket. I liked him from the beginning. Obama made a great choice I believe.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:06 AM

1,416 posts, read 5,611,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I'm thrilled that he is on the ticket. I liked him from the beginning. Obama made a great choice I believe.
I agree completely. I loved how Obama slipped when introducing him at that first rally as "...the next President, er Vice President, ...." !

Old 09-04-2008, 11:06 AM

13,186 posts, read 15,012,655 times
Just to be clear. Biden said this. Not the long quote below that.

There's no reason not to respect her and I believe she's qualified to be the Vice-President."

- Joe Biden (9/2/08)

This is a great example of why the GOP is doing as good as they are.

Democrats are *******.

Sara Palin just mocked and derided Biden's own Presidential candidate not 24 hrs prior.

Instead of ripping her a new one. Biden comes out trying to be the nice guy, after she smeared his own future boss.

When will Democrats ever learn?????

Old 09-04-2008, 11:08 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,957,823 times
He is being respectful, that shows his class, unlike Mrs. Palin who likes to take jabs at people for being a community organizer. He has to go out of his way to be complimentary because God forbid he actually suggest that she is not qualified to be VP. (she's a woman, ya know)

Old 09-04-2008, 11:09 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,102,710 times
Here is Joe Biden on Sarah Palin's speech

I think he is just declaring her capable of good, solid debate.
Let the best candidate win.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:11 AM

13,186 posts, read 15,012,655 times
It's a losing suckers game.

Americans respect a fighter. Dems have been trying your "respectful" angle for thirty years getting the crap knocked out of them.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:12 AM

690 posts, read 1,017,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Just to be clear. Biden said this. Not the long quote below that.

There's no reason not to respect her and I believe she's qualified to be the Vice-President."

- Joe Biden (9/2/08)

This is a great example of why the GOP is doing as good as they are.

Democrats are *******.

Sara Palin just mocked and derided Biden's own Presidential candidate not 24 hrs prior.

Instead of ripping her a new one. Biden comes out trying to be the nice guy, after she smeared his own future boss.

When will Democrats ever learn?????
You didn't get the GOP memo...
"Any Dem who says anything bad about our new friend Sarah, is a SEXIST!"

Don't worry, Joe is setting her up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections