Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 12:05 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,668,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemom View Post
And now, you have alot of people who don't usually bother to vote (lets face it, it's sad but true) who are going to vote in this election just because of the color of the runners skin.
I agree. It will be a record turnout from blacks this year to vote for Obama. But, I think it will also be a record turn out from whites to vote for McCain. These are people who don't answer polls, that it why I think the polls are irrelevant. I think Latinos and Asians will be a deciding factor this time too. Older latinos tend to be conservative, younger more liberal, and many Asians tend to not discuss it at all. It will be interesting. Either way the election goes, I think America will be more deeply divided after November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 12:05 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,045,520 times
Quote:
You can stick your head in the sand if you want.. but it's true.
My head in not in the sand. I am absolutely certain and believe with all my heart that it is true that you think this way.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:06 PM

438 posts, read 965,853 times
Bobby won LA based on his abortion views and nothing else.
there is no question there are people who won't vote for BO because of his skin color.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:06 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,083,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Repped ya, LOL.

Okay, here's the deal:

1. Palin likes Tex-Mex. No, really, she DOES. In fact, though she has only liked Tex-Mex for a short period of time, she has enjoyed Tex-Mex many more times during that time period than any other candidate.
2. Obama likes the Mex part; not so much the Tex.
3. Biden is trying to think of a sarcastic response.
4. McCain can't eat solid foods any more.

So good luck choosing!
Now wait a minute. Palin has made executive decisions on what type of Tex Mex to order and asked for a discount!
Obama has asked Hillary to eat the Tex part for him.
Biden knows that Taco Bell is not Mexican, because he has been to both Texas and Mexico.
Maverick McCain liked Mexican, but candidate McCain can only like Texan.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:07 PM

2,449 posts, read 5,953,691 times
Quote:
Repped ya, LOL.

Okay, here's the deal:

1. Palin likes Tex-Mex. No, really, she DOES. In fact, though she has only liked Tex-Mex for a short period of time, she has enjoyed Tex-Mex many more times during that time period than any other candidate.

So good luck choosing!
Okay.. YOU deserved rep for this one! lol

Old 09-04-2008, 12:08 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,548,781 times
Quote:
Repped ya, LOL.

Okay, here's the deal:

So good luck choosing!
Nice! You got repped, too.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:09 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,548,781 times
Quote:
This is just my opinion - knock me if you will (and I know you will).

I believe that a big portion of this election is based on race.

You have your reps and dems who vote every year for whomever they feel is the best man (or woman these days) for the job.

And now, you have alot of people who don't usually bother to vote (lets face it, it's sad but true) who are going to vote in this election just because of the color of the runners skin.
So you're saying that white people are voting for McCain and Black people are voting for Obama?

10,545 posts, read 13,595,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfulou View Post
Bobby won LA based on his abortion views and nothing else.
there is no question there are people who won't vote for BO because of his skin color.
You just stated that the color of skin didn't matter because of the views, which suggests that people voted based on issues. Then you follow up and say that it will be about skin color despite your previous statement to the contrary.

30,902 posts, read 33,034,899 times
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was funny.

But naturally. The JerZ Party has a rebuttal....

Now wait a minute. Palin has made executive decisions on what type of Tex Mex to order and asked for a discount!

That may well be. But she fired the head chef.

Obama has asked Hillary to eat the Tex part for him.

If she does, will she whine about having to do it?

Biden knows that Taco Bell is not Mexican, because he has been to both Texas and Mexico.

Did he go of his own will or was he detained and force-fed Chalupas?

Maverick McCain liked Mexican, but candidate McCain can only like Texan.

Well now don't we NEED a candidate who can schizophrenically change tastes when he changes time zones? By golly, I can't see that there's anything this country needs more! By the way, I think he tasted a different platter earlier in his career but now he doesn't acknowledge the restaurant any more.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:13 PM

267 posts, read 1,141,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
So you're saying that white people are voting for McCain and Black people are voting for Obama?
That is not what I am saying - because obviously Obama has more of a mixed or should I say diverse population of voters. But you can be sure that alot of blacks and whites who never took the time or cared to vote before, will make sure they get to the polls to make sure that the "right color" wins. (be it black or white). I just think it is sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections