Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 02:29 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I am guessing this would be the question you wanted answered? It depends on how the atheist science teacher was teaching. However this is probably a moot point since I doubt a school board would allow someone with this background to teach this subject. I find generally they like teachers in there that know what they are talking about. Besides I am guessing an atheist wouldn't want to teach this seeing as they don't believe in God.
OK....thanks for (finally) answering.

Schools can't hire or not hire people based on their religion. That's lawsuit material.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 02:52 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
I'm not buying it, either. The OP went right for the "mayor of a small town" Democratic talking point, and completely ignores the fact that she's the governor of one of our states.

she has only been a govenor for 20 months!

Old 09-04-2008, 02:56 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
she has only been a govenor for 20 months!

Of the largest state in the US.
She also has one of the highest approval ratings.
The democratically controlled congress can't say that.
If your shooting for the she is inexperienced argument....try comparing Johm McCain to Obama instead of the VP nomination to the presidential nomination.
Ohhh that's right her nomination takes any questions of experience off the table because then it would require the one guy with the least exp. to be "calling" it out.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:57 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Moose and polar bears are not constituents.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:57 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
OK....thanks for (finally) answering.

Schools can't hire or not hire people based on their religion. That's lawsuit material.

Point taken, so I will stick with my thought that an atheist wouldn't want to teach this subject, seeing as he would be required to teach from the Bible and he doesn't believe in it.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:58 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
It's too bad I'm busy voting for the best overall candidate. This "lesser of two evils" game sounds like fun.
And who would that be?????

Old 09-04-2008, 02:58 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,778,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
She also has one of the highest approval ratings.
The democratically controlled congress can't say that.
If your shooting for the she is inexperienced argument....try comparing Johm McCain to Obama instead of the VP nomination to the presidential nomination.
Ohhh that's right her nomination takes any questions of experience off the table because then it would require the one guy with the least exp. to be "calling" it out.
Geographically the largest. Alot of Alaska is Frozen Tundra. That makes her the ICE queen. Alaska only has 600K. I live in phoenix, I can drive 5 miles and drive by more people.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:59 PM

365 posts, read 692,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Point taken, so I will stick with my thought that an atheist wouldn't want to teach this subject, seeing as he would be required to teach from the Bible and he doesn't believe in it.
So what about Christian teachers who have to teach evolution? What's the diff?

Old 09-04-2008, 03:01 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,778,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Moose and polar bears are not constituents.
if you live in an Igloo do you actually have a physical address?

Old 09-04-2008, 03:05 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
Geographically the largest. Alot of Alaska is Frozen Tundra. That makes her the ICE queen. Alaska only has 600K. I live in phoenix, I can drive 5 miles and drive by more people.
Nice try

"The 2005 gross state product was $39.9 billion. Its per-capita GSP for 2006 was $43,748, 5th in the nation. The oil and gas industry dominates the Alaskan economy, with more than 80% of the state's revenues derived from petroleum extraction. Alaska's main export product (excluding oil and natural gas) is seafood, primarily salmon, cod, Pollock and crab. Agriculture represents only a fraction of the Alaskan economy. Agricultural production is primarily for consumption within the state and includes nursery stock, dairy products, vegetables, and livestock. Manufacturing is limited, with most foodstuffs and general goods imported from elsewhere. Employment is primarily in government and industries such as natural resource extraction, shipping, and transportation. Military bases are a significant component of the economy in both Fairbanks and Anchorage. Federal subsidies are also an important part of the economy, allowing the state to keep taxes low. Its industrial outputs are crude petroleum, natural gas, coal, gold, precious metals, zinc and other mining, seafood processing, timber and wood products. There is also a growing service and tourism sector. Tourists have contributed to the economy by supporting local lodging."

Alaska - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't forget when you try and argue experience or the ability to run something Obama leaves himself wide open.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...apita_(nominal)

Hmmmm...Alaska 7 and Illinois 14th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections