Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 01:04 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times

Advertisements

As I sit here staring at the signed 8x10 glossy pics of Cheney, GH Bush, GW Bush, Reagan, Gov Arnold and the pic of me with Senator McCain on my wall, I have to say that I am saddend by McCain's choice for VP.

The VP should without a doubt be presidential material and she is absolutely NOT. While she and I share many of the same political beliefs on many issues, I absolutely disagree with her creationist views and will in no way support anyone with those views when it comes to running this country. Our founding fathers got is absolutely right when they mentioned "separation of church and state" but for some reason, there are wackos out there who have seemed to forgotten this. This is not Iran where the leaders lead based on their own personal religious beliefs and ideals. This country of ours should be led by people who represent the views that are best for our country, not their own little religious views.

She does not have the experience for the office (mayor of a town of 9,000) zero experience on matters of national importance and she is just flat out a bit too much of a religious wacko to be 2nd in command of the most powerful nation on earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 01:05 PM

117 posts, read 149,372 times

A few related images ...

::

Last edited by freeXSvegas; 09-04-2008 at 02:07 PM..

Old 09-04-2008, 01:18 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Funny. Limbaugh did not at all look happy during her speech the other night.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:19 PM

10,080 posts, read 14,458,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
As I sit here staring at the signed 8x10 glossy pics of Cheney, GH Bush, GW Bush, Reagan, Gov Arnold and the pic of me with Senator McCain on my wall, I have to say that I am saddend by McCain's choice for VP.

The VP should without a doubt be presidential material and she is absolutely NOT. While she and I share many of the same political beliefs on many issues, I absolutely disagree with her creationist views and will in no way support anyone with those views when it comes to running this country. Our founding fathers got is absolutely right when they mentioned "separation of church and state" but for some reason, there are wackos out there who have seemed to forgotten this. This is not Iran where the leaders lead based on their own personal religious beliefs and ideals. This country of ours should be led by people who represent the views that are best for our country, not their own little religious views.

She does not have the experience for the office (mayor of a town of 9,000) zero experience on matters of national importance and she is just flat out a bit too much of a religious wacko to be 2nd in command of the most powerful nation on earth.
You're right! She's going to lose the election for Mcain. She's NOT VP material at all.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:20 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,768,182 times
Buh-bye! Have a good trip!

Old 09-04-2008, 01:20 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post

The VP should without a doubt be presidential material and she is absolutely NOT. While she and I share many of the same political beliefs on many issues, I absolutely disagree with her creationist views and will in no way support anyone with those views when it comes to running this country.
What have you learned thus far that makes you suppose that she will try to impose her "creationist views" on America as vice president? You ARE aware what the duties of Vice President are, right? Why do people forget we have THREE branches of government, all with distinct roles?

Or is it merely the fact that she's a creationist?

I'm not a creationist, but last I checked, when the rumors were swirling that Obama, who is a member of the First Church of God Damn America and black liberation theology, was actually a Muslim, we thought.... so what? What does his religious proclivities have to do with how he will run the country? Shouldn't Muslims be allowed to run the country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez
Our founding fathers got is absolutely right when they mentioned "separation of church and state" but for some reason, there are wackos out there who have seemed to forgotten this. This is not Iran where the leaders lead based on their own personal religious beliefs and ideals. This country of ours should be led by people who represent the views that are best for our country, not their own little religious views.
Moot point. See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez
Did you skip a step?

From Mayor to GOVERNOR?

You were never a supporter of Conservatives. It's absolutely ridiculous and insulting that you think people would believe you proudly voted for crazy creationists in the past (Buch, Cheney), but suddenly this woman comes along with the same personal religious views and suddenly she's a problem for you.

Nobody who has signed pics of Bush, Cheney, et al suddenly has a "problem" with Palin's "religiosity." You aint fooling anyone, bub.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:23 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,975,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
What have you learned thus far that makes you suppose that she will try to impose her "creationist views" on America as vice president? You ARE aware what the duties of Vice President are, right? Why do people forget we have THREE branches of government, all with distinct roles?

Or is it merely the fact that she's a creationist?

I'm not a creationist, but last I checked, when the rumors were swirling that Obama, who is a member of the First Church of God Damn America and black liberation theology, was actually a Muslim, we thought.... so what? What does his religious proclivities have to do with how he will run the country? Shouldn't Muslims be allowed to run the country?

Moot point. See above.

Did you skip a step?

From Mayor to GOVERNOR?

You were never a supporter of Conservatives. It's absolutely ridiculous and insulting that you think people would believe you proudly voted for crazy creationists in the past (Buch, Cheney), but suddenly this woman comes along with the same personal religious views and suddenly she's a problem for you.

Nobody who has signed pics of Bush, Cheney, et al suddenly has a "problem" with Palin's "religiosity." You aint fooling anyone, bub.
Actually, the OP posts have always suggested a conservative bent.

As a RP conservative pro-life, Federalist, pro-gun person supporting a real right-winged congressional candidate in '08, I will do my part to wreck this liberal RINO neo-con's campaign.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:24 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,955,051 times
Glad to see there are at least a few non-Kool aid drinking GOP folks out there.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:25 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak;
I will do my part to wreck this liberal RINO neo-con's campaign.
"Liberal RINO neo-con campaign"? Isn't that about three contradictions in a row?

Old 09-04-2008, 01:26 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,763,539 times
^ most of the hardcore conservatives at my job are Barr supporters. This board is the only place I have come across strong conservatives that stand behind McCain, in fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections